Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Never Get More Then 300Miles From Full Tanks!

badboy88

Well first tank used and pretty happy with the MPG. It has all been short journeys, no more that 7 miles at any one time and lots of stop start school runs. Got 384 miles before the flashing light came on and re-fuled straight away. The car is only 2 weeks old and only has this miles on it so I assume this will improve as the engine works in.

I dont know how much being a 2011 car males to the fuel. I know Toyota changed the engine spec to lower tax and increase fuel economy ( Toyota optimal drive they call it)

On with the next tank!

is your the 2011 Avgo with Optimal drive? dose it got Start/Stop engine automatic while you wait at the traffic Light?

I wonder how much big difference are there?

Well first tank used and pretty happy with the MPG. It has all been short journeys, no more that 7 miles at any one time and lots of stop start school runs. Got 384 miles before the flashing light came on and re-fuled straight away. The car is only 2 weeks old and only has this miles on it so I assume this will improve as the engine works in.

I dont know how much being a 2011 car males to the fuel. I know Toyota changed the engine spec to lower tax and increase fuel economy ( Toyota optimal drive they call it)

On with the next tank!

is your the 2011 Avgo with Optimal drive? dose it got Start/Stop engine automatic while you wait at the traffic Light?

I wonder how much big difference are there?

No it doesn't have stop/start as far as I know. The "Optimal Drive" isn't really dramatically different from earlier Aygo engines - it's just the fact that it's tuned for optimal fuel efficiency, like some of Toyota's other cars.

Second tank fill up just over 57 MPG. No it does not have start stop, but the Optimal drive does shut of fuel between gear changes ( so the manual says) It also uses a lower viscosoty engine oil , which I think causes less resistance in the engine so uses less fuel. I just go steady with the driving, I get to drive fast at work, so to and from I just stick to 60-65, I get there in the same time more of less. So far its doing 20MPG better than my old focus so im happy!

The other thing I heard what that if you idle for more than 10 seconds , it uses more fuel that it does to restart your engine ( not that I do this though!)

Well that's probably true as it doesn't use extra fuel to start an engine.

It's generally bad for an engine to be turned on and off repeatedly unless it's been designed for it tho' as it burns out the starter.

P.S.> Just hit my 4th blob, 320 miles covered! :yahoo: I'm still keeping up with you frugal Aygo'ers!! :D

I get to drive fast at work, so to and from I just stick to 60-65

Where do you work?! ... you are Jeremy Clarkson aren't you??!?

I get to drive fast at work, so to and from I just stick to 60-65

Where do you work?! ... you are Jeremy Clarkson aren't you??!?

nah - he can't be J~C - he's got an Aygo and JC wouldn't be seen dead in one of Mr T's cars let alone an Aygo!!!!

:yahoo:

So far I done 130miles and still my First bar still here!!!!

Hope to get extra 10 or 20 miles from it before the first bar gone!

Hamster then... I seem to recall he rather liked the Aygo! :thumbsup: A genius I am!

lol - i remember the Aygo football matches... didn't they do one with Suzuki Swifts and a giant puck on ice once too??

Yea but it was no where near as good ... apart from when they rolled them over!

Sorry we have gone off topic... I'm dying to know what grinner82 does for a living!

Yea but it was no where near as good ... apart from when they rolled them over!

Sorry we have gone off topic... I'm dying to know what grinner82 does for a living!

hehe. maybe grinner82 is the new STIG !!!!!

Nope sorry that's Tiff Needel ... who interestingly also likes Aygo's according to Fifth gear!

lol - what's not to like about Aygo's.... they're funky little cars and very very nippy!!

I think I prefer bringing the wife's Aygo to work rather than my Prius - much more fun on the country lanes and as the Aygo lives outdoors I can keep my Prius clean in the garage when the weather is crap!!

:thumbsup:

Aye, small and nippy cars are just better hands down for driving around a city!

Alas the Aygo is a tad too small for me, but I suspect when the Mk2 appears it'll be Mk1-Yaris-sized so I just need to be patient :lol:

(Only seen the Mk3 Yaris in pictures and it looks huge and very non-Yarissy. From the features and specs, not very impressed, plus there apparently won't be a diesel version! :crybaby:)

Indeed they are - but there is nothing like being driven in a big red doubledecker lol

Alas the Aygo is a tad too small for me, but I suspect when the Mk2 appears it'll be Mk1-Yaris-sized so I just need to be patient :lol:

You've noticed that each edition of a particular model gets bigger as well have you - I thought it was just me!

(Only seen the Mk3 Yaris in pictures and it looks huge and very non-Yarissy. From the features and specs, not very impressed, plus there apparently won't be a diesel version! :crybaby:)

never been into diesels - the only one I ever drove was a diesel Orion many years ago, drove and handled like a drunken pig - turned me off for life.. although I'll accept that there have been some improvements since then :thumbsup: ....

Spypics of Yaris

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1057670_spy-shots-2012-toyota-yaris-three-door?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MotorAuthority2+%28MotorAuthority%29

Probably wont be a diesel, having said that, there wont be much ANYTHING in diesel in the lineup in the next few years. With emissions, particulates and smoke regs getting tighter every year, diesels will be history in passenger cars in the coming years

Kingo :thumbsup:

Spypics of Yaris

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1057670_spy-shots-2012-toyota-yaris-three-door?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MotorAuthority2+%28MotorAuthority%29

Probably wont be a diesel, having said that, there wont be much ANYTHING in diesel in the lineup in the next few years. With emissions, particulates and smoke regs getting tighter every year, diesels will be history in passenger cars in the coming years

Well they'll have to improve the efficiency of petrol cars before that happens! The Aygo might be fine but there aren't many petrol cars around that can better the efficiency of diesel engines, specially in a time where fuel prices are so high. Shame to see there won't be much diesel when other manufacturers are embracing it and even launching diesel hybrids!

Meanwhile, the 4th (half-tank) blob went out yesterday, at 404 miles. I think that's a record for me!

Drive very slow !!! But my 1st bar went at 135 miles today !!!!!!!!

How many miles should I get for my 2nd bar ???? If I carryon driving slowly !!

@JT - Yeah, being driven is nice too; Can nab a quick nap on longer routes! :lol:

Diesels have deffo come a long way; I think the first diesel I drove was a red Ford Orion too, ironically, and it stank and was a pig to drive :lol:

The Yaris diesel is fantastic tho'; The difference to old low-tech diesels is incredible, and just shows how far the tech has come!

The torque makes it feel like there is a much more powerful petrol engine in it (Albeit with a lot lower max revs!) and that plus the incredible efficiency is what made me fall in love with it :wub:

It's just so awesome that I can drive it any way I like and it'll respond appropriately; I can be gentle and get MPG that rivals the 1.0 petrol engine and the Prius, or hammer it and get stronger acceleration than the 1.3!

All that in a small car that is easy to find parking space for, but can still hold a full Tama drumkit, weighs less than a tonne, costs £30 to tax and can get mpg to rival a Prius!

*And* it has both air-con and a sunroof! :lol:

This, for me, is so close to my perfect car that I reckon it'll be with me for a while! (The only thing that falls short is the handling tbh! And I have the 3-door rather than the 5-door...)

It is a bit depressing that I only discovered this car just as Toyota are moving in a different direction tho', but that's just typical isn't it! :lol:

I do think the future is electric engines but they need to crack the storage problem before it really takes off IMHO.

It'll be interesting to see how the HSD does in the Yaris Mk3 tho'; If they've kept the weight down and not crippled the performance by limiting the electric motor it could be fun as well as frugal :)

Just wish it was smaller and not so ugly and 'angry' :lol:

Drive very slow !!! But my 1st bar went at 135 miles today !!!!!!!!

How many miles should I get for my 2nd bar ???? If I carryon driving slowly !!

I normally expect another 100 miles until the 2nd bar goes out. However sometimes i have got 110, so i would say you should aim for 235-245 miles...

Cyker.... I have an interesting experiment coming up.... My bro in law has just bought a new Yaris 5 door.. I dont know yet what size engine, but at the end of may we are both going to the Isle of Wight for a week, he in his yaris and me in the prius, so the consumption question will be foremost in our minds :thumbsup:

As for the Yaris hsd, i may well have to go to one car in 3 or 4 years, something between the Aygo and the Prius. The Yaris hsd could fit the bill at that rime!

Mines doing my head in or it might just be because it's new .. Lost first at 95 , second and 172 and third and 215 ???

@Wayne- I suspect it's because it's new; The 3-pot 1.0Ls really seem to benefit from wearing in! But driving style will also be a big factor ;)

@JT - Oooh, good experiment! :D Yaris D4D I assume? If it's a sustained 60mph long run I think the Yaris will win easily, but the Prius is hard to beat for city driving!

Well they'll have to improve the efficiency of petrol cars before that happens!

Well that is happening all the time, that is called progress, they will just move to more and more hybrid and diesel will end. There will be a hybrid in every model by 2020

@Wayne- I suspect it's because it's new; The 3-pot 1.0Ls really seem to benefit from wearing in! But driving style will also be a big factor ;)

@JT - Oooh, good experiment! :D Yaris D4D I assume? If it's a sustained 60mph long run I think the Yaris will win easily, but the Prius is hard to beat for city driving!

Doubt it's an oil burner, he's not that way inclined! The intention is that we meet at Clacketts Lane on the m25, then to Portsmouth, a week on the island and back to Clacketts Lane on the way home.... Mixed motoring so a prettty good test I think. Even with an oil burner a week on the IOW favours the Prius I think, so we shall see.... :thumbsup: