Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Never Get More Then 300Miles From Full Tanks!

badboy88

410 miles out of my second tank, things are heading the right way......

I've got to say I did drive her like a baby..... My plan is to have fun on the next tank full and compare the results :yahoo:

• Like 1

Lots of motorway driving during the Easter Holiday; Roughly half a tank left (Currently 4 blobs down out of 8) and 408 miles covered!! :thumbsup::yahoo:

Not bad for 20-and-a-bit litres of diesel!

Unfortunately back to normal angry town driving so I doubt I'll be able to keep that up! :(

Finally I got 345miles and still got 2 bulb left which I expected another 30 to 40 miles before its gone!!

I didn't waited coz the fuel price keep going up!!!! I put 33 liters in ( 7.2 gallons).

345 divided by 7.2 = 48MPG!!!!!

I got 48MPG out of this tank by driving smoothly!! Compared to 38MPG from my previous Tanks is a big difference !!!!!!

410 miles out of my second tank, things are heading the right way......

I've got to say I did drive her like a baby..... My plan is to have fun on the next tank full and compare the results :yahoo:

Have fun !

I think you will see your Tank may only give you around 300 to 350 for having fun!

Let's see what you get from it.

Lots of motorway driving during the Easter Holiday; Roughly half a tank left (Currently 4 blobs down out of 8) and 408 miles covered!! :thumbsup::yahoo:

Unfortunately back to normal angry town driving so I doubt I'll be able to keep that up! :(

I don't drive my Aygo on Motorway very often. did it give you a better MPG on Motorway?

Someone told me AYGO is a town car and its better MPG when driving in town then Motorway because when driving on motorway you got to Rav over 3000 for keeping the car around 60 to 70 mph !!!

who is right??? I don't have much chance to drive my AYGO on motorway!! can anyone of you tell where give you better MPG, town or motorway?

is your the 1.4 diesel ?

what is your miles for full tank? wondering you done 408mniles half tank. how many more miles will you get for the other half?

Well I am cheating slightly as mine is actually a diesel Yaris and not an Aygo :!Removed!: :D

I just can't resist threads about trying to improve mpg :lol:

The most I've ever gotten (Like, once, ever) was about 800 miles down to the last flashing blob, but that was 80%+ motorway driving; My more usual figure is about 600miles per tank, which is mostly town driving and traffic jams with the odd A-road run.

I think with almost all cars, motorways will always give higher mpgs as you can hit the magic 60mph that cars seem to be most efficient at.

That said, the Aygo is mainly built for city driving so it gets pretty good mpg on either as long as it's driven smoothly with no harsh acceleration.

An actual Aygo owner like j&t can probably give better insight there... :lol:

I've said it before, but it really is a shame Toyota didn't use their 1.4 D4D in the Aygo; It's almost twice as powerful as the crappy Peugeot unit they put in the now deceased diesel Aygo and has a much higher rev range so you didn't have to constantly shift gears.

I reckon the Aygo would easily be the highest mpg vehicle you could buy right now if it had been given that engine!

I don't drive my Aygo on Motorway very often. did it give you a better MPG on Motorway?

Someone told me AYGO is a town car and its better MPG when driving in town then Motorway because when driving on motorway you got to Rav over 3000 for keeping the car around 60 to 70 mph !!!

who is right??? I don't have much chance to drive my AYGO on motorway!! can anyone of you tell where give you better MPG, town or motorway?

Yes the Aygo is a town car, it's cheap to run, cheap to tax and cheap to insure. BUT.... Any car run at a constant speed for a long-ish time without straining it will give a better mpg than one that is stop start in town. The Aygo is quite happy at 65-70 mph and will turn in quite a respectable consumption figure at those speeds.

So I would say that if I drove round the M25 on a Sunday morning, and you drove through London at the same time, I would probably get a better consumption figure than you.

Hope this answer helps somewhat!

:thumbsup:

First fill up well if you trust fuelly it is 73.3 mpg !!!!!!!! from a petrol Aygo.

If you click the fuelly banner below it confirms 73.3mpg :huh:

or if you prefer the basic math 199.7 miles 14.87ltr/ 3.25gal = 61.44MPG.....

• 2 weeks later...

Today, I drove from Halifax in West Yorkshire to Aberdeen in Scotland. Filling up just before I set off and when I arrived and managed the journey of some 336 miles with 19.93 litres. Or to put it another way as near as damnit to 77mpg. The first blob didn't go away until over 182 miles!

It was a warmish spring day and I didn't have to use the fan, wipers or lights much so I probably wouldn't be able to repeat this in the winter but I'm sure that I could get the car to do over 80mpg if I had really been trying.

Woo! Nice! :D

It's always fun playing How-far-can-I-go-before-the-first-blob-does :lol:

I have just cracked 500.2 miles, equating to 65.5 mpg - my personal best and proving that 500 miles is most definitely achievable! I wasn't even driving particularly economically for most of those 500!

Today, I drove from Halifax in West Yorkshire to Aberdeen in Scotland. Filling up just before I set off and when I arrived and managed the journey of some 336 miles with 19.93 litres. Or to put it another way as near as damnit to 77mpg. The first blob didn't go away until over 182 miles!

It was a warmish spring day and I didn't have to use the fan, wipers or lights much so I probably wouldn't be able to repeat this in the winter but I'm sure that I could get the car to do over 80mpg if I had really been trying.

Wow is it all Motorway driving at steady speed?

I only manage aroung 48mpg which is town drive.

I have just cracked 500.2 miles, equating to 65.5 mpg - my personal best and proving that 500 miles is most definitely achievable! I wasn't even driving particularly economically for most of those 500!

I never got a chance to travel on Motorway that long distance to try out if I can get around your Record coz I will be driving my big car with my family !

Wow is it all Motorway driving at steady speed?

I only manage aroung 48mpg which is town drive.

Mostly motorway and dual carriageway but there was also the twisty country road up to Kirkby Lonsdale where I came across a few old codgers who wouldn't get out of my way whih meant I had a bit of 'spirited' driving to get past.

On the motorway, as long as you keep up with the trucks but stay out of their way and speed up to overtake at junctions and to go up hills before coasting back down to a steady cruising speed, you will not use too much petrol. I wouldn't recommend anything silly like drafting behind lorries or switching the engine off going down-hill.

In town, I switch off the engine at lights and in traffic jams (as long as the engine has been warmed up for at least 10-15 minutes). Also, try to avoid 4th and instead shift directly between 3rd and 5th (and back), 3rd gives you a lot more control and safety (more important than economy IMO) due to more engine braking than 4th and is also happier if the traffic flo slows down to 20mph. 30mph in 5th is fine if the street is level or slightly downhill. 4th has is uses of course but you really need to look at the road ahead and plan your gears etc in advance.

Never use brakes if you can downshift instead. Ideally you want you feet to spend as little time pressing the pedals as possible.

(ed. for spelling)

I'd just like to add that the best way that I can think of to save fuel is to not drive and instead walk, cycle, use public transport or get a lift where possible.

I'd just like to add that the best way that I can think of to save fuel is to not drive and instead walk, cycle, use public transport or get a lift where possible.

I currently cycle to work on Fridays, 21 miles, and then to my parents a further 25 miles and i am now trying to figure out what is actually more expensive, the fuel for the car or the fuel for me!

To be honest the main reason i do it is for fitness. Now that the weather should be nice i will probably be cycling to work twice a week.

Haha! Very true!

@Aygogummy - Niiice :D :thumbsup:

@aygogummy - how long have you had your aygo for ? how old ?

Its interesting that those of us who have bought brandnew AYGO's arent getting that kind of return.

my best is 388.1 whilst im averaging around 360-370 a tank ?

"there was also the twisty country road up to Kirkby Lonsdale "

The A65 from Leeds to the M6 is a regular trip for us and the Aygo will do well over 60mpg on that stretch - 50-60 mph for mile after mile is what most cars like for excellent mpg.

I've done it twice in my B class and getting 50mpg isn't a problem.

"there was also the twisty country road up to Kirkby Lonsdale "

The A65 from Leeds to the M6 is a regular trip for us and the Aygo will do well over 60mpg on that stretch - 50-60 mph for mile after mile is what most cars like for excellent mpg.

I've done it twice in my B class and getting 50mpg isn't a problem.

The problem with the A65 is that it gets used as a rat-run by huge lorries, clogged up with slow-coach Sunday drivers admiring the scenery and suicidal bikers who want to crash into it at 100mph.

• 4 months later...

Wow pretty amazing figures for the (I assume)petrol Aygo there, I've worked out that in real world terms my 1.4 D-4D Yaris only gets 55mpg. Suggested figures say I should be getting 60-70mpg, what complete rubbish. Ok it's not far off 60mpg but it isn't achieving it, FACT!

Well it is very possible; I'm regularly getting low-mid 60's in mine without really trying, and that's mostly town driving with the occasional motorway!

I can hit the high-60s/low-70s if I do more motorway driving :)

Worst mpg I've had on a tank was something like 55 so far...

Do you drive it mostly around town? It may be that the engine needs a bit of a clean out; I find taking it on a hard motorway blast now and then and filling it with V-Power diesel every 3-4 tanks helps to clear out soot buildup and de-crud the injectors.

When I first bought it, I noticed it was loosing power slowly after a few months but since following suggestions on here to give it a good airing out now and then ('Italian Tuneup' :lol:), it's kept it running pretty good :)

It seems the D4D doesn't like being run at low revs all the time; It likes to be thrashed a bit now and then :D

A sticking point with the D4Ds that only get run in town is the stupid EGR valve can get jammed open due to soot buildup, and that kills the low RPM engine power.

The newer ones also have to deal with the DPF getting blocked up as the regeneration cycle only kicks in at motorway speeds.

I do 80% motorway, 20% town driving. I love the aygo its mega. Im normally running late to work (i love my bed sooo much) so have to bomb it down the motorway at 90mph but then try and make up for it by tinkering back home at 60mph. even doing this i get 50+ mpg.

@aygogummy - how long have you had your aygo for ? how old ?

Its interesting that those of us who have bought brandnew AYGO's arent getting that kind of return.

my best is 388.1 whilst im averaging around 360-370 a tank ?

Sorry never noticed this reply before now haha!

Mine's a 56 reg, had it for almost two years now. Took me a few months to really get into it in terms of getting good economy, but I think I'm well used to it now, meaning I can get the best economy from it. Averaging between 470 and 490 miles per tank over the last few months. There's nothing quite like that 500, which I've managed once!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links