Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Never Get More Then 300Miles From Full Tanks!

badboy88

I am getting between 310 and 340 out of a tank. I know alot of you are getting way more but mine is all town driving. And if you compare that to my MINI One that i used to have, the Aygo is miles better. It used to cost me £63.50 to fill to the brim and i used to just about squeeze 300 out of that. Where as it costs me about £38 a tank in the Aygo and i get about 330 lets say :) Bare in mind that all my driving is through town. When i did a run up to Surrey the other week which is about 60 ish miles each way, i managed nearly 400 to that tank :)

£38?!! More like £48 to fill mine!!! :P

Hi Grinner82

I tried to be smooth slow driver and the driver behind me seem not very happy ! Even I just doing 30 on 30 road they still not happy and try to make me drive faster by sticking they bumper right behind me!!

So what?

If you are doing an indicated 30 in a 30 limit you are NOT breaking the law, those that are up your **** 'trying to make you go faster' are trying to intimidate you.

A little story.... On my way to work there is a road that comes off a roundabout into a 30 limit. Shortly after that there is a slight bend that you cannot see round. I know that plod sits just round the bend with a radar gun sometimes.

Twice over the last 3 years some *****le has been sitting on my bumper just before the bend, once they overtook - very dangerously just before the bend - on one occasion the ares*le was lucky 'cos I was doing 30 he didn't get done, you can guess the other guys reaction....

The moral is, 'if you speed, you will get caught at some stage! Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year, but it will happen!

Don't get me wrong, I like going fast just like the next guy, but I've had a clean licence for 45 years and fully intend to take a clean licence to the grave. If others dont like it, tough!

Oh btw, you don't have to be slow to be smooth either....

Hi Grinner82 and Jan&tone

Yes you both are right they can overtake me if they want but everytime when those driver overtake me I can see they have a very nasty lOok at me and even sometime give me a middle fInger !!!!

SOnetime I feel lots of pressure and dangerous!! FOr example : I need to turn right in next junction and the car behind me are very very closed to me !!!!!!!!!!!

I got to signal vey very early and look at my mirror all time to see if that car behind me know I will slOw down !!!

I will never tailgate anyone . First I know it's not very nice to the driver infront of me. Secondly it's very very dangerous to tailgate very closed infront ad best to give (3second gaps)

Thirdly I think it's illegal to tailgate very closed !?!?!?!?

Am I right ?!? Is it illegal to tailgate someone ?

By the way what is the best miles yours can archived in your avgo ?

Hi Grinner82 and Jan&tone

Yes you both are right they can overtake me if they want but everytime when those driver overtake me I can see they have a very nasty lOok at me and even sometime give me a middle fInger !!!!

SOnetime I feel lots of pressure and dangerous!! FOr example : I need to turn right in next junction and the car behind me are very very closed to me !!!!!!!!!!!

I got to signal vey very early and look at my mirror all time to see if that car behind me know I will slOw down !!!

I will never tailgate anyone . First I know it's not very nice to the driver infront of me. Secondly it's very very dangerous to tailgate very closed infront ad best to give (3second gaps)

Thirdly I think it's illegal to tailgate very closed !?!?!?!?

Am I right ?!? Is it illegal to tailgate someone ?

By the way what is the best miles yours can archived in your avgo ?

You are correct, if they want to pay a speeding fine that is their affair, do NOT let yourself be intimidated into speeding, the *****le behind you wont pay your fine for you!

No offwnce meant, but you sound quite young (may even be a compliment :thumbsup: )

Nottingham has a good Institute of Advanced Motorists group, get yourself along there and you may find some answers to your fuel questions.... They will be in the book.

As to the best consumption, probably around 68-70 on a nice long run but normally 48-52 whti the wife using it for shopping and me to work, along some nice 'sporty' 60 mph country lanes....

Not sure about tailgating being illegal, stupid and dangerous certainly, but illegal?? Should be but cameras don't pick it up do they.... Another pet hate of mine :thumbsup:

If you want to turn right and the prat behind is too close that is his problem, not yours. Provided you have indicated early enough it is his responsibility to give you room and time to make your manoever. Always remember, if you are rear-ended, it is the fault of the twit behind you, not yours.

I used to get 58/60 mpg on a regular basis, after having the fuel tank sender replaced at Toyota this dropped to 48 mpg with a strong smell of petrol, It has now been returned to another Toyota dealership who found the sender unit leaking fuel.

Fill up last night, I can now get a more accurate fuel consumption reading. I very recently replaced all 4 continetal tyres with Michelin Energy and the standard air filter with a KN replacement. Using a Garmin 1310 to calculate my mileage 63.6 mpg, I except there will variations between people driving style, cars, weather and environment, but 300 mile is about 38 mpg ?

I just bought the aygo go! . I've done a motorway trip.. About 60 mile. The rest is to work and back. I have 2 bars left and have done 272.6 miles .... The cars only 2 week old tho so I'm hoping this improves .

I am getting between 310 and 340 out of a tank. I know alot of you are getting way more but mine is all town driving. And if you compare that to my MINI One that i used to have, the Aygo is miles better. It used to cost me £63.50 to fill to the brim and i used to just about squeeze 300 out of that. Where as it costs me about £38 a tank in the Aygo and i get about 330 lets say :) Bare in mind that all my driving is through town. When i did a run up to Surrey the other week which is about 60 ish miles each way, i managed nearly 400 to that tank :)

Really? £38 and thats just squeezing it in lol

We and the Mrs normally get high 50's low 60's in terms of MPGs on our Aygo's worked out tank to tank. Hers does mainly motorway but she drives it a lot slower than mine where as mine does A/B roads. Saying that i did manage to use a full bar of fuel (4 to 3 bars on the gauge) last night but i was ragging he balls off it.

I work out how economically im driving by how far bar 1 gets me as well. From a full tank i normally get 95-99 miles out of the 1st bar (filled to 1st click). Ive had as high as 110 and as low as 85.

Really? £38 and thats just squeezing it in lol

Wow that's really weird! Unless I guess it depends how far you let it drop, I can normally squeeze around 37 litres in (despite it supposedly being a 35 litre tank!). Petrol around here is about £1.29/litre at the moment.

I can normally squeeze around 37 litres in (despite it supposedly being a 35 litre tank!

The filler neck can hold about 2 liters of fuel too.

We and the Mrs normally get high 50's low 60's in terms of MPGs on our Aygo's worked out tank to tank. Hers does mainly motorway but she drives it a lot slower than mine where as mine does A/B roads. Saying that i did manage to use a full bar of fuel (4 to 3 bars on the gauge) last night but i was ragging he balls off it.

I work out how economically im driving by how far bar 1 gets me as well. From a full tank i normally get 95-99 miles out of the 1st bar (filled to 1st click). Ive had as high as 110 and as low as 85.

hi

How many Miles you get from full tanks? coz what is it. its that I get around 100 miles from the 1st bar, then second bar only last 50miles , 3rd bar last 50miles, 4th bar last 50miles then the last bar start flasing!!!!

Which I only able to pressd 300miles out before the last bar flashing!!!

will the last bar flashing last me 50miles or more before my Car stop????

I used to get 58/60 mpg on a regular basis, after having the fuel tank sender replaced at Toyota this dropped to 48 mpg with a strong smell of petrol, It has now been returned to another Toyota dealership who found the sender unit leaking fuel.

Fill up last night, I can now get a more accurate fuel consumption reading. I very recently replaced all 4 continetal tyres with Michelin Energy and the standard air filter with a KN replacement. Using a Garmin 1310 to calculate my mileage 63.6 mpg, I except there will variations between people driving style, cars, weather and environment, but 300 mile is about 38 mpg ?

Yes. 300miles is about 38.9mpg!!! coz its 300miles diveded by 7.7 gallons which our avgo can hold. is 38.9mpg.

I used the same tyres as you and standard air filter from toyota.

Some of them can get 55mpg then they full tanks should last around 430miles

which is lots more then me only 300miles from full tank!

I thinking about maybe something wrong with my car, could be fuel sensor or other parts !

Do you get hesitation on acceleration or a poor idle as well as poor fuel economy? If so it could be the air mass sensor thats at fault?

Do you get hesitation on acceleration or a poor idle as well as poor fuel economy? If so it could be the air mass sensor thats at fault?

I always keep my feet steady to help trying to get more miles . what is Air Mass sensor and what is it for?

will the last bar flashing last me 50miles or more before my Car stop???

It certainly will NOT last you another 50 miles. Most I've done with the flashing bar is 20mi,

but I've allso hear peope getting less than 10mi, so when it starts flashing (and beeping) fill up asap!

what is Air Mass sensor and what is it for?

Our cars don't have a Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF), but use a MAP-sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure)

combined with the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) to determine how much fuel needs to be injected.

These sensors are essential for the ECU (Engine Control Unit) to be able to get a good fuel/air mixture.

If one of these sensors is broken or fauled the ECU can;t make the right mixture,

which can cause the car to run too rich and have less economy.

But I'm not sure if this is the case for you, as a rich mixture would be detected by the

Lambda-sensors in the exhaust and the ECU would then "turn down" the mixture.

And it it can't turn it down anymore it will light the CEL (Check Engine Light) on your dashboard...

When was your last service on your car? How many miles has it done so far?

• Like 1

hi

How many Miles you get from full tanks? coz what is it. its that I get around 100 miles from the 1st bar, then second bar only last 50miles , 3rd bar last 50miles, 4th bar last 50miles then the last bar start flasing!!!!

As a general rule i can normally i get about 120-130 miles from the first bar, then another 90-100 from the second, around 70 for the third, another 70 for the 4th, then 40 from the 5th (before i bottle it and fill up) and as yet i haven't gone onto 1 bar, witnessed the flashing or heard the dreaded beep!

Also my average fuel economy is 57.6MPG for the year (just under 10,000 miles) mainly driving on the A406 in East London/Country lanes to get to and from work on a 45 mile round trip. Lowest has been 49MPG and highest 64MPG.

Hope this is useful.

will the last bar flashing last me 50miles or more before my Car stop???

It certainly will NOT last you another 50 miles. Most I've done with the flashing bar is 20mi,

but I've allso hear peope getting less than 10mi, so when it starts flashing (and beeping) fill up asap!

what is Air Mass sensor and what is it for?

Our cars don't have a Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF), but use a MAP-sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure)

combined with the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) to determine how much fuel needs to be injected.

These sensors are essential for the ECU (Engine Control Unit) to be able to get a good fuel/air mixture.

If one of these sensors is broken or fauled the ECU can;t make the right mixture,

which can cause the car to run too rich and have less economy.

But I'm not sure if this is the case for you, as a rich mixture would be detected by the

Lambda-sensors in the exhaust and the ECU would then "turn down" the mixture.

And it it can't turn it down anymore it will light the CEL (Check Engine Light) on your dashboard...

When was your last service on your car? How many miles has it done so far?

Oh then its shouldn't be any of the sensors fault coz the CEL Light is not ON.

My last service was 2 weeks ago at one of the TOYOTA Dealer and At the moment my AYGO had 25000 on the clock. 55plate sport.

hi

As a general rule i can normally i get about 120-130 miles from the first bar, then another 90-100 from the second, around 70 for the third, another 70 for the 4th, then 40 from the 5th (before i bottle it and fill up) and as yet i haven't gone onto 1 bar, witnessed the flashing or heard the dreaded beep!

Also my average fuel economy is 57.6MPG for the year (just under 10,000 miles) mainly driving on the A406 in East London/Country lanes to get to and from work on a 45 mile round trip. Lowest has been 49MPG and highest 64MPG.

Hope this is useful.

This is a very good Info for me as its can be my Target for miles per bar but I honestly can't think of a way to acheived it!!

I already drive as smooth as I can but still unable to beat 40mpg for this little car is BAD!

I was hoping to get above 55mpg when I first got this car as what the car magizine said its get 61mpg!!!!

I not expect it to get 61mpg as always lower then what they said. but I don't expected to get as low as 40mpg!

Thanks anyway

I get around 10p a mile which is £31 for 310 miles as I dont like to let it get down to low. Have to learn to press the pedals slowly.....

Perhaps check your tyre pressures? Regularly too some tyres can go down overnight although probs not significantly.

I'm getting an average of 45mpg, about 330 miles from a tank. About 95% of my driving is in urban stop-start traffic so I'm pretty pleased. The most I got was 58mpg on a long journey this winter, if it wasn't for the snow and traffic jams I'm sure it could've been in the high 60's. All this and I've got a pretty heavy right foot :)

I just filled up my car with full tank and try not to rev it over 2000r hope it help my mile per gallon!

I also hear from people saying that Do not filled up the whole tank coz it's will be very heavy for the car to moved and waste more fuel and get less mpg!!!

They said only fill maybe 1/3 of it will help mpg !!!

Any agreed or disagreed it ?

I'm not sure if partially filling the tank will make much difference. I'd factor in that the current troubles in the middle east and Libya will increase the cost of oil and put up petrol prices again. Thats why I'm going to fill up tomorrow before they do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links