Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla E12 By Noedel

noedel

Hey there!

Let's make a new topic with a better title here, because the admins don't answer me when I ask to change it in my other topics :)

Small introduction.

My name's Jonas, living across the sea, in Belgium :)

For the moment I'm 21 years young.

I have bought my 1.4 D4D Corolla in august 2008, when she was exactly 2 years old.

Maybe it's useful to have a link to my previous topic, for some background information when needed? :P

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108799

Here a list of all the mods on my baby:

Performance:

K&N air filter

Straight exhaust piping

Japstyle muffler

Interior:

Sparco pedals

Sparco seatbelt harnesses

Midconsole lights blue (in stead of green)

Blue neon under dashboard and front seats, with switch

Ice:

Sony Xlpod radio

Kenwood amp 800W

2 extra Sony Xplod Speakers

Zeuz subwoofer 400W

Exterior:

Lowered with KW v2 coilovers

Volk replica alloys 17x7 with 195/40/17 dunlop tires

Cleaned Toyota Corolla T-sport front bumper

TTE roof spoiler

Rear window wiper hole and rear keyhole cleaned

8000K xenon

US module (US/Japanese front indicators)

White LED citylights and numberplate lights

Yellow foglights

Blue brake calipers

Custom made pre-facelift taillights -> JDM :D

Removed the logo's and stickers from boot and doors

Towhook removed

Rolled the rear wheel arches

2x20mm spacers at the rear

Tinted windows

Sunbelt on windscreen

Japanese number plate for meetings :P

etc etc...

In 2008 (original)

spa0194.jpg

spa0193.jpg

Summer 2009 (lenso rs5 wheels + lowered + tinted windows)

spa0533.jpg

Summer 2010:

foto0181u.jpg

foto0169q.jpg

foto0316h.jpg

foto0217j.jpg

foto0226b.jpg

foto0225.jpg

New bumper, cleaned :drool:

foto0274t.jpg

s7302775.jpg

p8227342.jpg

foto0282w.jpg

810b.png

sizedtwa213cop2y.jpg

September 2010, rear window wiper hole and key hole cleaned, with pre-facelift JDM modified taillights:

foto0286h.jpg

foto0302b.jpg

November 2010, winter mode :unsure:

foto0375g0.jpg

March 2011, back to summer mode :D

foto0508.jpg

Comments and tips always welcome ;)

Grtz!

And the plan with the alloys :)

One of the following options, still doubting :P

gunmetalrand.jpg

goudrand.jpg

Grtz

I am tired to say to you over and over again that you have one of the best looking E12s I have ever seen! Congrats! :thumbsup:

(I suppose though that you do not get tired of hearing it? :lol: )

awesome car dude obviously lol, have you got any wind deflectors on the doors yet? they would make it look a bit more JDM i think :D just a thought,

soon you will be seeing another JDM style rolla when i get started :thumbsup: aha

few question if ya dont mind me asking:

how did you do the fog lights yellow?

where did you get the muffler or exhaust from?

how did you make both bulbs come on in your rear lights if you know what i mean JDM style?

and also how do you make your front indicator bulbs stay on without indicating? US style?

and another thing how did you paint your brake calipers?

sorry for all the questions dude but i really like the style of your rolla :)

good luck with the car

cheers man :thumbsup:

awesome car dude obviously lol, have you got any wind deflectors on the doors yet? they would make it look a bit more JDM i think :D just a thought,

soon you will be seeing another JDM style rolla when i get started :thumbsup: aha

how did you make both bulbs come on in your rear lights if you know what i mean JDM style?

and also how do you make your front indicator bulbs stay on without indicating? US style?

good luck with the car

Not a problem at all mate, I like being helped myself too, so I don't bother helping other people ;)

- yellow foglights: I orderen yellow foil on the internet, from a truck shop.

Cut a piece of the roll, take off the protection foil, paste it onto the middle of the foglight only, and then warm it up with a hairdryer or something ;)

Then the foil will be asier to stretch, so u avoid folds etc ;)

Link as example: http://www.truck-accessoires.nl/product_info.php?products_id=663&osCsid=daf279fab5caa50f53f424b04ebf364e

- The muffler (and my whole exhaust system) is from the Belgian Skytune company, but I just noticed that the Japstyle muffler isn't in their assortiment anymore :unsure:

Link: http://www.skytune.com/

- The JDM taillight mod is something I found on these forums.

But notice that the tutorial from this forum is only to make it as extra taillight, but it doesn't light up when u get on the brake. That's something I added too, myself, using resistors and diodes :P

Link: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16216

- The US indicators are made by one resistor. It's a connection between your citylights and your indicators.

When u turn on the citylights, they go through the resistor, to the indicator, so it's "dimmed" to about 30% of it's maximum capacity. Easy to find on google :P

Picture: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkx7UHbWSeSXyaZRWR8-dkhmXy64ISpq0dsRt3glNTY-OVdlrk&t=1

- I have just sprayed the calipers after I took off my wheels.

Normally the whole caliper should be taken off, but when I did it i had a hurry and I just resprayed them with heat resistant paint while they were still on the car. But I covered everything else with paper ofcourse ;)

Picture: http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1855/dscn0794bx.jpg

Hope this was helpful :)

Just ask when it wasn't :P

And madvinegar, that's always nice to read for sure, thanks! :D

Grtz

good luck with the car

Not a problem at all mate, I like being helped myself too, so I don't bother helping other people ;)

- yellow foglights: I orderen yellow foil on the internet, from a truck shop.

Cut a piece of the roll, take off the protection foil, paste it onto the middle of the foglight only, and then warm it up with a hairdryer or something ;)

Then the foil will be asier to stretch, so u avoid folds etc ;)

Link as example: http://www.truck-acc...3f424b04ebf364e

- The muffler (and my whole exhaust system) is from the Belgian Skytune company, but I just noticed that the Japstyle muffler isn't in their assortiment anymore :unsure:

Link: http://www.skytune.com/

- The JDM taillight mod is something I found on these forums.

But notice that the tutorial from this forum is only to make it as extra taillight, but it doesn't light up when u get on the brake. That's something I added too, myself, using resistors and diodes :P

Link: http://au.toyotaowne...showtopic=16216

- The US indicators are made by one resistor. It's a connection between your citylights and your indicators.

When u turn on the citylights, they go through the resistor, to the indicator, so it's "dimmed" to about 30% of it's maximum capacity. Easy to find on google :P

Picture: http://t1.gstatic.co...lNTY-OVdlrk&t=1

- I have just sprayed the calipers after I took off my wheels.

Normally the whole caliper should be taken off, but when I did it i had a hurry and I just resprayed them with heat resistant paint while they were still on the car. But I covered everything else with paper ofcourse ;)

Picture: http://img690.images.../dscn0794bx.jpg

Hope this was helpful :)

Just ask when it wasn't :P

And madvinegar, that's always nice to read for sure, thanks! :D

Grtz

dude your a legend, thanks for everything man, going to give the tail lights a go, its soo confusing but still worth a try

where did you get the front indicator thing from? or did you have to do it yourself?

dude your a legend, thanks for everything man, going to give the tail lights a go, its soo confusing but still worth a try

where did you get the front indicator thing from? or did you have to do it yourself?

Hehe.

The taillight thing is not thàt hard, if u know something about electrics.

And you can order the US indicator thing online, but a friend of mine makes his own ones.

You only need the right resistor (to make the indicators shine for +/- 30%), some wires, and a diode. Costs about 8 GBP if you make it yourself :)

The diode is needed because the power should only go from citylights to indicators, and not in reverse ;)

Because else, when u put on your indicators, the citylights will indicate also.

Hope you understand it.

Edit: when u order one online, it will be wrapped into heat resistant rubber.

I made a video some months ago of my US module, at the end of the video you can see a shedule how to install it ;)

(don't mind my car in the vid, on winter steelies and stock front bumper :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xGRcgmt5Bs

Grtz ;)

awesome, im going to try and find some of those front indicator things

as for the tail lights do i just to the same thing for both lights, left and right?

cheers mate

Well, the taillight thing is actually just to make the fogs light up as taillight.

But, at the right taillight, there is a connection for the bulb, but there's no hole into the light unit for it.

So u have to drill a hole into the right taillight unit :)

(Plus, in my case it's also working as brake light, so i have cut off the fog wire)

Whe you have drilled that hole, same for left and right yes ;)

Grtz ;)

cheers mate, i gave this a go today and now i have a BIG problem

none of my lights work apart from the indicator lights and front HID's and reverse light only they work

my sidelights, tail/brake lights, license plate lights, front fog lights, rear fog light none of them work

i put everything back to orginal set up and they still dont turn on?

any help?

thanks in advance

Are you sure u cut the correct wires? :o

Maybe there's a fuse broken?

Grtz

Are you sure u cut the correct wires? :o

Maybe there's a fuse broken?

Grtz

ok dude, sorry to frighten you like that but yeah it was only a fuse, im really sorry to come as a shock aha :P

im going to give it another go and see what happens lol

thanks again for everythin man

i wired up the JDM style lights today, they come on with the tail lights but do not work if you use the brake? help? lol

and also they are way too bright like the fogs so is there anyway you can make them less bright as people flash behind me?

here are some pics:

jdmtail7.jpg

jdmtail3.jpg

also dude is there any chance that you can give me a link for those japan/US style front lights or how do do it yourself?

cheers mate for all the help :thumbsup:

yea gotta agree madvinegar, that is one of the best lookin rollas out there. really great look overall!!

as far as your plan, i say leave the alloys as they are, or go with option n2, i can see where you coming from just hungry for a new look thats all :D

i wired up the JDM style lights today, they come on with the tail lights but do not work if you use the brake? help? lol

and also they are way too bright like the fogs so is there anyway you can make them less bright as people flash behind me?

also dude is there any chance that you can give me a link for those japan/US style front lights or how do do it yourself?

cheers mate for all the help :thumbsup:

I'll start with the taillight thing, the US lights are something i have to search at my place, not home right now :P

Or, u buy a bulb fitment with a double input: 5Volt and 12Volt (or are it Watts, not sure anymore :D )

When u connect the normal taillight onto the 5Volt, and the brake wire onto the 12Volt, it will work just fine ;)

Grtz :D

And thanks hozer, really appreciate it ;)

Check your topic corollat3sport :P

And a small update, i tried something with some stickers :D

I ordered these last winter, but they all had wrong spelling, and the "JDM as f*ck" thing had an ugly logo.

So I cut almost all stickers to fix them to my wishes :P

foto0513.jpg

foto0516p.jpg

foto0517z.jpg

foto0518a.jpg

foto0521.jpg

foto0522r.jpg

foto0523.jpg

foto0524.jpg

Grtz ;)

Dude your car is the best looking e12 on this forum in my opinion. I know i've asked you this before but where did you get your wheels, they look really good !

Not sure about what I answered you last time, but the webshop where I ordered them isn't selling these anymore.

But, the wheel's name is "Ice Cool Racing Tokyo" ;)

And thanks B)

Grtz

Good stuff mate, I haven't seen you update this Thread for some time :P

I was never really one for stickers, but you have changed me :lol: Awesome stuff, gorgeous E12 and some good ideas. Now where is that GREEN???.... :P

KP

not keen on the stickers tbh. maybe just the jdm one but definately not the monster one. anyway as long as you like it. still looks smart even with stickers

I still have to say that it will be light gold, or grey :P

Today I kept myself busy, home alone :D

Removed the tint film from the windows.

I started to rip it off slowly, but then...

foto0526.jpg

foto0529.jpg

Then I tried something with a hairdryer, the glue also came off with the film.

foto0533u.jpg

After that I went to the self car wash to give it a fast clean, just spraying the most dirt away under high pressure :)

foto0541q.jpg

foto0544b.jpg

Stickers are not all in the same angle, but that's how I want it.

There will come 1 more sticker there, which will be pasted even more horizontal as the one above.

That will create some kind of bow, which goes with the round shapes of the E12.

Or am I completely wrong? :D

Grtz

Well, remember that I let my rear wiper and keyhole be filled/cleaned?

There was a student in that garage, who helped with the cleaning.

But, he didn't taped the window.

Result: He had to give me a new rear window (on his costs).

But, my windows were tinted, so it had to be a new window, but also tinted.

He let it tint in a "professional" tinting company.

But 1) the rear window had a different tint % (was much lighter), and 2) the small bulbs were really becoming giant air bulbs under the film :blink:

So it was not so hard to choose then...

Now u know it ;)

Grtz

i think the tints really enhanced the look and if you can you should have the car re-tinted by whoever you think is best to do it!