Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla E12 By Noedel

noedel

It's a JDM tow hook indeed, or else said: tow eye ;)

Wasn't expensive at all, because this was one for a volkswagen :P

Didn't matter for what car brand it's meant, because with our corollas the original tow eye is under the car,

so there are no such tow eyes for our cars.

So it will be some custom work here ;)

Grtz!

wow, it looks beautiful!! you should put some darker side repeaters on though ;)and tint the rear windows, my opinion though obviously! but otherwise looks great! Tow eye will look nice! I'd like to see the finished product as I'm thinking of getting one myself. Hopefully ill never need to use it though :P

Hehe thanks guys, nice you like it.

And sizzla, I forgot to say that the parts will get painted in car colour.

But, small correction: they are already painted, still drying now ;)

This is where I ordered the tow hook thing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-MK4-4-MK5-5-Passat-Scirocco-Racing-Tow-Hook-GTI-/220693272384?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3362581740#shId

But seriously, keep in mind that it's not meant for our cars, because our tow eye is at the bottom, behind the front bumper ;)

@ nathjh, I've got a "US indicator module", which makes the indicators glow about 30% all the time, so I'm not going to darken them, it's nice to see them as they are :)

And about my rear windows, they have been tinted before (check the pics on page 1 :P ), but decided to remove the tint.

Looks alot better now IMO :D

Pics of the painted interior parts will folow!

Grtz!

Hehe thanks guys, nice you like it.

And sizzla, I forgot to say that the parts will get painted in car colour.

But, small correction: they are already painted, still drying now ;)

This is where I ordered the tow hook thing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-MK4-4-MK5-5-Passat-Scirocco-Racing-Tow-Hook-GTI-/220693272384?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3362581740#shId

But seriously, keep in mind that it's not meant for our cars, because our tow eye is at the bottom, behind the front bumper ;)

@ nathjh, I've got a "US indicator module", which makes the indicators glow about 30% all the time, so I'm not going to darken them, it's nice to see them as they are :)

And about my rear windows, they have been tinted before (check the pics on page 1 :P ), but decided to remove the tint.

Looks alot better now IMO :D

Pics of the painted interior parts will folow!

Grtz!

Looking gorward to seeing how and where you mount the new front towing eye.

Anypics of the your indicators glowing ? :thumbsup:

Here are 2 pics where you can see them clearly.

But they are actually glowing not that hard as shown in the pics.

Have to take some more shots of these actually :)

They go on from the moment I switch on my citylights (which I removed, to see the effect of this module even better).

dscn2825u.jpg

dscf0763k.jpg

Grtz

Im liking them alot mate, where does this american unit fit into the electrical system, where can i purchase it from ? :thumbsup:

You have to cut the citylight wire and the indicator wire.

It's some kind of box with diode and resistor inside.

So when u turn on the citylights, th indicators will glow 30% (because of the resistor).

But when u use the indicator, the citylights won't indicate at the same time (because of the diode), which sounds logical ;)

I made one myself earlier, but now I have bought a better one, from here:

http://www.uslights.nl/index.php

with these I can choose how hard they glow, from 0 - 90% :)

Grtz ;)

Next update:

!CElrW)Q!Wk~$(KGrHqR,!jYE1I3J+UL5BNS(g2JnTg~~0_12.JPG

In silver, to match the wheels. When they get a repaint, this will be done at the same time :P

Grtz

im loving that towing eye were did you manage to get that from ??

Check 6 posts back upwards ;)

Grtz

Interior parts in a new jacket:

dscn3910e.jpg

dscn3911z.jpg

dscn3912i.jpg

dscn3913f.jpg

dscn3914y.jpg

Grtz!

Im liking them alot, now get them fitted :thumbsup:

cars looking awesome Noedel

get all the parts on and get some pics up! thumbsup.gif

Ok ok :lol:

I've tried to take some shots, but because of the grey and rainy sky, you can't see the effect as it is in real.

But, here you go ;)

dscn3916v.jpg

dscn3918n.jpg

dscn3919o.jpg

dscn3920j.jpg

dscn3921o.jpg

dscn3922z.jpg

dscn3924zf.jpg

Grtz!

Haha yeh, I know :lol:

JDM panda!! (yeah right :P)

Very nice mate

Im thinking of coming to live with you for a month lol , so you can work on my car :thumbsup:

Just a quick question.

How do you manage to get (and make it stay) in place the frame of the air-vents together with the dashboard? (just above the radio/cd)

I suppose that you must be aware that a little gap forms between these two after some time...

Do you have any trick for that? :lol: Thanks.

Other than that I think that you have done great work. The result is awesome. :thumbsup:

Haha Lozza, good one :P

If you do, you'll have to fight with my girlfriend then, winner can sleep in my super comfortable bed :lol:

Madvinegar, I don't know exactly what you mean?

There's never been a gap since I got this car :D

But, I've done one thing to get rid of the ratteling noise, because of the hard KW coilovers;

I've squeezed some plastic foil together, and put it between the small gap (of the DIN frame) and the radio itself.

Pasted it stuck with some double sided tape, so it can't reach the back of the radio (which gets very warm).

Now the ratteling is gone.

Don't know if that's the reason?

Grtz :thumbsup:

The gap is formed between the airvents frame and the dashboard. Not between the airvents frame and the DIN frame.

It is a very usual problem in E12s. I am sure that a lot of guys in here have dealt with the same problem.

Anyway, thanks!

The gap is formed between the airvents frame and the dashboard. Not between the airvents frame and the DIN frame.

It is a very usual problem in E12s. I am sure that a lot of guys in here have dealt with the same problem.

Anyway, thanks!

Somewhere I read that only pfl corolla have that defect. Being said that, I own a pre-fl and have the gap too :angry:

Anyway, thanks!

Yes I know, but it could have been the reason? :P

Grtz

man im diggin the paint job lookin boss. hey one more, did u replace the material that goes just above the window controls or is that the one that originally comes with fl models? cause my pfl style has gone quite faded.

you have made a really nice job of trhat paint dude! :)

i think the gap was fixed in facelifts cus mine has no gap either

man im diggin the paint job lookin boss. hey one more, did u replace the material that goes just above the window controls or is that the one that originally comes with fl models? cause my pfl style has gone quite faded.

Haven't done anything with that material mate, it's just stock ;)

you have made a really nice job of trhat paint dude! :)

i think the gap was fixed in facelifts cus mine has no gap either

Not sure of that, because my dad has got a pre-facelift one and he hasn't got a gap either :lol:

Ow btw, next update: changed the "security" light bulb, which goes on when the car is closed. From red to blue :lol: (bad quality pic)

foto0689copy.jpg

Grtz, and again, thanks for the nice comments, feels good to hear B)