Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

St202 Acceleration Delay

oldie2008

Right first of all I suspect a head gasket is on it's way out although there's no sign of yoghurt as I did an oil change yesterday.

This started a few weeks ago but this morning I noticed it the most, it only happened in 3rd gear today but I put my foot down after shifting into 3rd and I can hear my engine rev up but it isn't in timing with the speedo or rev counter, it'll still be at like 3000 but it sounds as thought it's more at 4 or 5000 then after a good few seconds it will start to catch up on it's self so the engin speed is in time with the clock.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Blocked fuel filter - not getting enough fuel?

Head gasket on it's way out?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

slipping clutch ??

It's happened in other gears apart from 3rd. It's just that today was most noticeable...

Average cost of fitting a clutch?

It's happened in other gears apart from 3rd. It's just that today was most noticeable...

Average cost of fitting a clutch?

I can give you an exact quote for that as i got one today for my st202 (See my other thread). £417 inc VAT was estimate. breakdown was (figures excluding vat) 4hours labour at £47/hr, £98 for the clutch kit, £50 for flywheel skim if necessary and about £12 for transmission oil. That was from an independant garage local to me. Whatever you do don't go to Mr Clutch, see my other post! It might be a little cheaper but god knows what they actually do or what parts they use.

Hi thanks for your replies. Both very helpful - after reading your thread it deffinitley sounds like a slipping clutch which isnt good news but at least i got a rough quote - cheers :)

you can adjust a rod under the clutch pedal , this will give you a bit more life out of the clutch and possibly stop it slipping . a how to is on this forum somewhere .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links