Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Tyre Change

Michelin

I know this has been discussed many times but is there anyone on the forrum that can give me a phone no of a garage that will be able to take the support rings off my wheels and fit different tyres to the run flats but leave the valves so that the tpms still works ok, and obviously someone that knows what they are doing so that its not hit and miss, and what tyres are a good replacement for the vehicle.I need to change at least two of the tyres but would like to do the change now but can't find anyone that can do it. Many thanks in advance.

any good tyre fitter should be able to do this. Show them the photos you have of the tyres being removed and im sure they will do it for you

nope they need to have the special machine..

the tyres themselfs arent run flats so if you like the tyres that are on your car now think theyre bridgstone you can get them again...

you could cut the tyres off then cut the rings off..

Ormi

Thats what he wants to do. Fit normal tyres. thats why i said any good tyre place can do it. Anyone with a grinder can do it. Then just pop any tyre of your choice on and IF you have a puncture or when the time comes for a new tyre, you can pop into any local tyre place and they can refit another tyre.

roger dodger

I have mentioned in another thread,the Toyota main dealership in Telford,Shropshire,not too far from North Wales,told me that they would remove the support rings on my T180 & replace my Duellers.This was during the bad weather in December,when I wanted to go over to different make of tyre.Unfortunately they could not source the correct ones,so I`m still with the RFT`s.Bottom line is,they will remove the rings in a Toyota workshop,so work will be guaranteed.

Ormi

Thats what he wants to do. Fit normal tyres. thats why i said any good tyre place can do it. Anyone with a grinder can do it. Then just pop any tyre of your choice on and IF you have a puncture or when the time comes for a new tyre, you can pop into any local tyre place and they can refit another tyre.

roger dodger

not all tyre places will tamper with the band....ie cut it off...so you'll need to phone around and ask if they will do this..or you can just go to the correct place and get them to remove the ring correctly..

All 3 tyre outlets where i live offered to do mine, and also the mobile tyre guy. its not a problem. Id do it myself if I had a grinder handy :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links