Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod / Aux Port To Standard E12 Head Unit

Mr 16 Valve

I have been looking around for a way to add a Ipod/AUX port to the existing head unit.

I believe it can be achieved by creating a virtual disc changer by using a product similar to this AUX IPOD adapter

I was wondering if anyone on here had done similar if it work? if it was any good?

cheers

luke

hi mate , also interested in a aux input seen them about. found loads of info on homemade units but would rather buy 1 . let me know how u get on mate

I had that connects2 adaptor in my yaris, and now have the connects2 USB/Aux adaptor in my Corolla.

The aux adaptor above will just appear as "CD 1-1" on your display, and will stream anything that you run through the headphone cable. however i have found this needs the volume on the headunit turning up considerably, then when you switch back to cd/radio it's mega loud.

The USB/Aux adaptor works in the same way for the aux part. However the USB functions differently. you need to label the folders on the usb device CD1, CD2 etc. up to 12 (cant recognise any more). and each folder can only hold up to 99 tracks.

this is a limitation of the headunit, not the device as it still thinks its a cd changer and can only display CD 1-1 up to CD 12-99.

Hope this helps.

the option i went for in the end was the Connect2 AUX adapter, EBAY

it came in 2 days, was a simple plug and play, it fitted directly into the 12 pin iso connector the cd changer ussualy fits into.

i already had a belkin in car ipod charger so connected the AUX to that.

Conecting the iPhone to the belkin, it gives a clear crisp signal via the cd changer function of the head unit

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links