Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can The Tns510 Satnav Be Retro-Fitted?

jasonjalet

If I buy a basic spec iQ1, can I, at a later date, retro-fit the TNS510 Sat-Nav?

Or do I HAVE TO buy it as an option at the same time as I buy the car new? (If I want one that is)

Ideally, I would like to buy an iQ and add the Sat-Nav to it at a later date.

Just wondering if it can be done!

Cheers,

jasonjalet

If you can afford it then I'd get it fitted when you buy the car.

Otherwise you'll be left facing a huge bill to have it installed. The revised dash components alone are a few hundred, then add on labour and the actual cost of the sat nav unit.

Or stick with the basic CD player and use an aftermarket sat nav.

Have you compared the cost of the factory fit sat-nav with, say, a top line Tom Tom?

In my view all factory fit sat-navs are a rip off and waste of money at anything below BMW 5 or Merc E class level. They are expected on these but on an IQ???

The only plus I can see is the iPod integration but WOW what a cost for that!!

I get my iQ2 in May (no sat-nav, already have a good after market one) and will be getting a iPod dock to go in the lighter socket and the aux connection

• 2 years later...

Yes it can I have done it, you need to pick up a nav unit from eBay or dealer make sure has maps with it.

Then you need a series of facia parts which are quite pricey from Mr T . Is a relatively easy DIY job. Look on www.toyota-tech.eu under instalation manuals, you will then have a full set of instructions and part numbers.

I have a standard facia mounts and cd if anyone is changing their iq and wants to transplant their old sat nav into new iq to save a small fortune. Would be open to any reasonable offers.

David

Yes navigation can be added after delivery, TNS510 is getting on a bit now TNS350 on touchlife are the latest choices, TNS350 is now fitted as the factory option.

Try here you can select your model then see all the options Toyota offer: http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx?pubtype=AIM&menuitem=3

Hi David

Dont know if you noticed. But Malcolm's request was posted over 2 years ago. I think i helped him out at the time with the costing

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links