Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sub For Aygo

Number1Norton

Whatever you do, DON'T get the Toyota factory fit sub.

To say it's crap would be an understatement.... :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

I have a Pioneer TS-WX11A under my passenger seat and LOVE it.

My previous car had a bass-tube in the trunk that wouldn't even fit the Aygo's boot,

but this little box of sound is WAY better that the stupidly big tube ever was.

Yes, they're compatible. The Alpine had Pre-Outs with selectable HPF and LPF, so you can

control the system from your HU instead of over the remote that comes with the sub.

No, the point of an ACTIVE sub is that it has the amp intergrated into the housing.

So you DO need to run powersupply and remote-wires as well as signal, but no separate amp.

I am thinking. These for the rear parcel shelf

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_772753_langId_-1_categoryId_165707

And these for the front Speakers

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_154282_langId_-1_categoryId_165707

And then this sub

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/pioneer-tswx210a-spacesaving-amplified-150w-2010-model-p-10764.html

What do you think? Would it sound good. Any other suggestions for Speakers, subs ect. And obviously this would go with my Alpine ida x305s head unit. Any thing else you think i should/need to get?

As far as I can tell this could all be hooked up together without problems.

Personally I wouln't use Speakers in the parcel shelf, but that's because I believe in proper staging.

music needs to come from the front; at a concert you face the podium instead of turning your back to it...

The subwofer should fit under the seat, it IS e bit bigger than the TS-WX11A, but its predecessor,

the TS-WX22 DID fit, so I guess this "210" will fit too, as it looks to be of similar size.

As far as I can tell this could all be hooked up together without problems.

Personally I wouln't use speakers in the parcel shelf, but that's because I believe in proper staging.

Music needs to come from the front; at a concert you face the podium instead of turning your back to it...

The subwofer should fit under the seat, it IS e bit bigger than the TS-WX11A, but its predecessor,

the TS-WX22 DID fit, so I guess this "210" will fit too, as it looks to be of similar size.

Yeah, i agree with you, but in my mini i had front and rear Speakers, none in the parcel shelf. That sounded good. What have you got then? Just 10cm fronts with sub?

My Aygo came with the "old" soundpack, so 10cm Speakers under the windshield and in the rear doorpockets and tweeters in the A-pillars.

I kept those Speakers, but replaced the radio with a Kenwood out of my previous car (which I later upgraded to an newer Kenwood).

Then I put in a Pioneer TS-WX11A and made a setup where an LPF is on the sub and an HPF on the Speakers, so no low bass

is output to the speakers. Put the fader way up front so there's only about 15% on the rears to make them act as "rear fill" for rear passengers.

I love my setup and don't plan on replacing the speakers anytime soon. They can handle 13W RMS, but are 6 ohm. My HU can supply 4x45W peak

output at 4 ohm, which is about 15W RMS, but since the speakers are 6 ohm, they never get too much power, especially as they don;t get any bass...

Bought myself (well, my mum did haha) a present today. Got some alpine Speakers for the front. Ordered my fascia for my alpine stereo so hopefully have that in on the weekend :)

Whatever you do stick to a good make for your sub as quality varies greatly between these (pioneer, kenwood, jl) and cheapies (fli, vibe, unbranded).

Yeah, would liek to stick with the better makes as i have a Alpine head unit, and just got some alpine Speakers.

So, if some of the Aygos come with Speakers in the door cards. Can you buy the door cards and fit them to mine so that i can have door card Speakers?

Just cut the holes with a jigsaw and install the Speakers. Did a door card build on my mates aygo with comps. I have the same Speakers in my rear door cards (3 door) and I had to use a jig to increase the size on those holes.

Mine:

100_0038.jpg

Well, fitted my head unit today. But went to change my front Speakers under the windscreen, but the (i think there called spade connectors) did not match up. I was so gutted! Anyone else had this problem. I was trying to fit some alpines

You can get adapter-leads that plug onto the existing wires and have spades on the other end.

Will cost you a few £ on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get adapter-leads that plug onto the existing wires and have spades on the other end.

Will cost you a few £ on eBay.

yeah I got some last week off eBay for about £2.50 for the pair. I got the same Alpine Speakers from Halfords aswell and they sound so much better from the orignals the Aygo came with :)

Just swapping the OEM radio for a modern one with more power makes LOTS of difference.

Add in a subwoofer and IMHO you don't even need new Speakers. At least that's how my setup

has been for the past 4 years and I have no intentions of swapping Speakers anytime soon...

Just swapping the OEM radio for a modern one with more power makes LOTS of difference.

Add in a subwoofer and IMHO you don't even need new speakers. At least that's how my setup

has been for the past 4 years and I have no intentions of swapping speakers anytime soon...

Cool , ive been doing some testing in the AYGO Go! and just need to discuss with someone that "does" car audio as to how I can proceed to change

Does the "GO!" have the SatNav?

If it does there's a slight problem: no-one seems to know if you can keep it working without the OEM radio...

And what DOES seem to be sure is that controlling media (next/previous, FFWD and RWD) can't be done form the new radio...

Does the "GO!" have the SatNav?

If it does there's a slight problem: no-one seems to know if you can keep it working without the OEM radio...

And what DOES seem to be sure is that controlling media (next/previous, FFWD and RWD) can't be done form the new radio...

Hi Jan

I did a bit of testing.

Ok here goes .

When the sat nav is lifted up it switches on , it automatically picks up my bluetooth iPhone no probs there.

I plug my 6th gen nano into the ipod bit and it downloads the songs. press the scr botton on the satnav "dock" and the media comes up (providing aux is selected on OEM)

You can only control the next track or back a track on the OEM no fast forward etc like you would a cd.

I haven't fiddled with this system yet, hope to do so this Sunday.

Then I also hope to be able to do some measurements/tests

to see if the system can work without an OEM radio.

I've allready been told that skipping tracks

over the touchscreen isn't very handy...