Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New To This Forum

Owen =O)

Hi newby here , just having a read up on the T180 posts as i will be taking delivery on friday of my own... B)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated regarding service intervals and the like. :huh::yes::huh:

Was gonna trade my Rav 4 in against it but was offered £100 :ffs: ,

I know its 15 yrs old but with 117k on the clock and running sweet I could not give it to a heartless showroom. A breakers would probably offer more..

Hi newby here , just having a read up on the T180 posts as i will be taking delivery on friday of my own... B)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated regarding service intervals and the like. :huh::yes::huh:

Was gonna trade my Rav 4 in against it but was offered £100 :ffs: ,

I know its 15 yrs old but with 117k on the clock and running sweet I could not give it to a heartless showroom. A breakers would probably offer more..

Hi, Nice looking motor. :thumbsup:

The T-180 can have problems with the head gasket going on them. So keep a good eye on the coolant level for any loss. This is covered by Toyota for 112k or 6 years I believe. If you find that the heater in the car starts to not blow out hot air then thats also a sign that a head gasket is on its way out. Looking under the bonnet on the engine cover will show white streaks/marks. If this happens it'll mean a new short engine. Very expensive and about 40 hours labour.

The engine oil I'd go for is a C2 spec (5w-30) for the D-CAT. I use Mobil 1 ESP as it the spec for the engine. Castrol EDGE isn't even though they are both 507 00 specs for VW. You can buy Mobil 1 ESP off eBay for about £26 for a 5ltr tub, I'd avoid going to Halfords for it as its over £50 from there.

The EGR might need to be cleaned every 10k. This is a very easy job if you know a little about cars. I'd run it on Shell V-Power if you can as it has twice the additive of "Normal" Derv. Alot of us on here use BG244 in the fuel tank to keep then engine and EGR clean. I also use Millers Diesel Clean on fill ups to. Bit of an over kill but its great stuff and you get more Mpg.

Using an air filter like K&N will also give you a few more mpg to. The fuel filter isn't to hard a job to change. I like to do this every 10-12k. The cabin air filter is located behind the clove box if its like my Avensis T-180 and agin its easy to replace.

I changed my gearbox oil to Silkolen SRG (Straight 75w grade) full ester racing oil and the gear change now is wonderful. Its great for the triple synchromesh in the box.

The T-180 is a lovely engine. Loads of low down grunt and great on the Motorway in 6th. Hope you enjoy the car. :thumbsup:

Thanks ... Nice to have a bit of info from owners . Put it through it's paces and have to say I am really impressed with the power, and the lads are loving the extra space compared to the RAV 4 we were all squeezed into . The space is unbelievable when you look at the size from the outside. The only vehicle I have had with more room was a Toyota estima, that was a lovely drive but a little asthmatic to say the least.