Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lexus Ct200H

Gav 18

On my way to work I saw one. In white on a 11 plate with LED running lights. Looks a bit longer than the Auris to me, but not quite as long as the Prius. Anyone else seen any?

There was one in our local Mr T last week, white one - looked good but the wife wouldn't let me have one :crybaby:

On my way to work I saw one. In white on a 11 plate with LED running lights. Looks a bit longer than the Auris to me, but not quite as long as the Prius. Anyone else seen any?

Took one for a drive a couple of days ago. Feels solid and much better put together than the Prius, but then it can't be worse, using better materials. Quieter and more comfortable. Altogether a pleasant experience that has me thinking but sadly it is sold by Toyota UK who still have a lot to learn about customer service taking preference over self service to Toyota UK.

I went to see one at the local Lexus dealer. Shame I'll loose to much money now to justify a change as I would immediately. As J2D says for only a couple of thousand more it is just so much better put together and doesn't feel as cheap and nasty on the inside as the prius. The thought of recycled plastic in our cars keep me sane.

• 1 month later...

:D :D :D :D

Fleet Dept, have allowed me to cancel my order for the 10th Anivs Prius and place order for lexus, which is the good news

the bad news is the lead time but hey ho.

Have also arrange the 4 day demo so will provide feedback after ive had a drive

:D :D :D :D

Fleet Dept, have allowed me to cancel my order for the 10th Anivs Prius and place order for lexus, which is the good news

the bad news is the lead time but hey ho.

Have also arrange the 4 day demo so will provide feedback after ive had a drive

I am pleased you have been able to order the Lexus which you prefer. I will be very interested to hear your feedback.

David

for the mods....

Now the Auris HSD is here, to be followed by the Yaris next year, and by the look of it we are gonna be joined by the Lexus ct200 guys, what about removing the Prius from the title of the Hybrid Forum making it just Hybrids thereby including, and welcoming, ALL Hybrid owners?

Or am I too far off the wall on this one?

for the mods....

Now the Auris HSD is here, to be followed by the Yaris next year, and by the look of it we are gonna be joined by the Lexus ct200 guys, what about removing the Prius from the title of the Hybrid Forum making it just Hybrids thereby including, and welcoming, ALL Hybrid owners?

Or am I too far off the wall on this one?

I think this would be a positive thing. This is a great forum with valuable info relevant to all Toyota hybrid drivers, not just the Prius. A more general title would help new Toyota hybrid converts, who may be considering options other than the Prius, to understand that this is a good place for them too.

Lexus are good cars but from what I have read and heard they are the most targeted cars by thieves and destructive yobos. I would like a Lexus but would be very worried about it getting taken or damaged.

Agree, this should be an HSD forum, not just a Prius one.

The sub-forum name is "Hybrid / Toyota Prius", I read that as all Hybrid first in the sub-forum name, and then to it give due respect that without the Toyota Prius there would be no other Hybrids. I don't see any reason to change the name and removing the Prius name would remove the acknowledgement of the very important role that the Prius played.

Lexus are good cars but from what I have read and heard they are the most targeted cars by thieves and destructive yobos. I would like a Lexus but would be very worried about it getting taken or damaged.

I'm with you there Chris. Some say "It's only a bit of metal" but hey, it's MY bit of metal that I worked damned hard to get!

I just hope that one day a vandal has his pride and joy vandalised so he will know how we feel :crybaby:

A tracker installed would help it come back but what state it would be in.....

Well as there's no other UK forums for lexus hybrid I was going to hang around here if that's ok with everyone. I've learnt a lot from my time on here and was excited for delivery of te Prius, but having the opportunity to get the lexus I thought I'd go for it.

Well as there's no other UK forums for lexus hybrid I was going to hang around here if that's ok with everyone. I've learnt a lot from my time on here and was excited for delivery of te Prius, but having the opportunity to get the lexus I thought I'd go for it.

And why wver not.... After all, it's a Prius with a different body!! Same engine, same drivetrain etc....

Lets face it, we have BMW drivers on here so we should welcome even 450h drivers too!!

:thumbsup:

I went to see one at the local Lexus dealer. Shame I'll loose to much money now to justify a change as I would immediately. As J2D says for only a couple of thousand more it is just so much better put together and doesn't feel as cheap and nasty on the inside as the prius. The thought of recycled plastic in our cars keep me sane.

saw a review on the lexus that described the interior trim as poor compared to other makes.

cant be worse than my auris is. the plastic trim is little more than paint sprayed cardboard.

saw a review on the lexus that described the interior trim as poor compared to other makes.

cant be worse than my auris is. the plastic trim is little more than paint sprayed cardboard.

To be fair my wife's Auris interior trim looks better than my Gen 2 Prius. I think the money went into the hybrid technology not the interior trim on my Prius - still I am very happy with it and think I got a bit of a bargain!

I have had a quick sit inside a Gen 3 Prius and I do think that was plusher. I would like to see the Lexus but I doubt I would pay extra for one - I could be tempted by the Yaris hybrid when that comes out though!

David

Test drove the ct200 today was very pleased. The salean was averaging high 60s in it. Over period of my test drive dual carriage way and city and traffic I got low 60s

I test drove the entry model the SE-I with sat nav and was very pleased with the interior quality beats both BMW and audis I have had leather stitching nice on dash and centre console. Im trying to arrange. 4 day company car demo after which I'll provide more feedback.

Impressions versus the Prius?

I test drove the CT200h just over a month ago and as soon I got in the car it was a completely different world compared to the Prius which was even more noticeable when I pulled off - so quiet and refined. The interior materials are superior in every way and there were no rattles or creaks (my wife's '08 Pug 107 has a better quality dash with fewer rattles and road noise!). Don't get me wrong, I love my Prius, the technology, the design etc and I will miss it when my CT is ready - the CT doesn't have the second information display, fewer storage spaces, no rear armrest(!!!!) and I have become very used to the digital speedometer.

However, every time I get in my Prius first thing in the morning I know it's going to creak worse than my body and every time I knock on the plastics I just despair that such a great car has been ruined by such poor materials. When you consider the base CT is only £24685 compared to £24045 for the T Spirit I think I would sacrifice some of the extras on the Prius to get the Lexus.

Anyway, I put down my deposit the very next day (I still had to think about it as my Prius is only 18 months old!!) but fortunately I didn't lose too much value on it. I can't wait till it arrives but a couple of weeks after my order I was told it would be delayed by a couple more weeks (mid June as opposed to late May) but they sweetened the pill by giving me two years free servicing :thumbsup:

Anyone else has one on order and how long will you have to wait?

I tried the Lexus a couple of weeks ago. I agree generally with the comments above but:

It felt like a smaller car to me; a lot less room inside and significantly less boot space. I thought the rear view must be better, without the bar across the window, but it wasn't. It was like peering through a porthole. Generally, the Prius just seemed to be the more practical vehicle and I missed little things like the head-up display (especially for navigation). I shall hang on to mine, at least until the plug-in comes along.

To be fair my wife's Auris interior trim looks better than my Gen 2 Prius. I think the money went into the hybrid technology not the interior trim on my Prius - still I am very happy with it and think I got a bit of a bargain!

I have had a quick sit inside a Gen 3 Prius and I do think that was plusher. I would like to see the Lexus but I doubt I would pay extra for one - I could be tempted by the Yaris hybrid when that comes out though!

David

Hi Dave,i should have mentioned later auris trim is of a better quality as compared to my 07 model.this may apply to other models in the range.

David

Hi Dave,i should have mentioned later auris trim is of a better quality as compared to my 07 model.this may apply to other models in the range.

My wife's Auris is an 07 1.6 TR (but she has only done about 15k miles) and whilst it too looks like it is made to a budget, I think it looks better in terms of the seats and dashboard than my Gen2 Prius that I bought with 14k miles on it. To be honest I also had a 2004 Landcruiser and I was surprised that too showed signs of being made to maximise profit and appeared no better than a Previa or Picnic that I had previously owned. I think my best Toyota was my first Toyota, a 1993 Carina, that appeared to have been "over-engineered" and was a superb car.

David

I prefer the lexus, build quality is much greater, and ride much firmer due to dampening and lower sesnse of gravity. Ct200 smaller than Prius cabin but better space than auris and better boot space

One other thing the salesman at the lexus deAler was spot on, new about the vehicle u like when I went to Toyota.