Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With Using Usb To Play Music

yellowgerbera

I have just purchased a 2011 Yaris and was sold the USB to copy music onto. I have copied songs from itunes and when I plug it into the usb port in the car, the stereo searches the USB but doesn't find any songs. Next I tried to add the songs from my itunes folder, but it still cannot find any of the songs. When I look at the USB on my computer I can see all the files.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have just purchased a 2011 Yaris and was sold the USB to copy music onto. I have copied songs from itunes and when I plug it into the usb port in the car, the stereo searches the USB but doesn't find any songs. Next I tried to add the songs from my itunes folder, but it still cannot find any of the songs. When I look at the USB on my computer I can see all the files.

Am I doing something wrong?

Need to be in MP3 format.

iTunes uses a lock-in format that only works on Apple hardware; You need to somehow convert them to the more standard MP3 format:

http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-itunes-to-mp3.html

There are programs out there that make it a bit easier but I've never tried them as I don't use iTunes...

Have you checked the storage capacity of your usb stick.

I tried to use a 8GB stick on the radio and found it did not work

I then checked the user guide and found you can only use a stick

with maximum storage of 4GB.

I changed it and was able to get it to work.

If this is not the problem you can try to convert your music to MP3 as

Cyker has already said.

I have done this successfully

Look for software to convert AAC to Mp3 and check out http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4409

for info.

• Like 2

Thank you for all the suggestions. I will definitely try the converter to mp3. I have also purchased an aux cable, so let's see if that works! It has got the port in the car but probably won't show the songs on the screen.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello, i recently bought a Toyota Yaris Active Plus with Touch & Go system. I import a 16GB USB device which includes 8 folders with MP3 songs. I create a playlist for each folder. I can choose the required playlist when I insert the USB into Toyota but some songs in each playlist don't appear and are not played.

Can somebode help me out?

Are all the tracks MP3 format?

That explains why an 8Gb stick doesn't work in my system ! Although I can't find anything in the user guide about this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links