Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Sound From Corolla Verso Tspirit Headphones-Help Please

damien1234

I have recently bought a 2004 Corolla Verso T Spirit. I can not get the sound to work in the headphones. It is possible to see the pictures on both screens. The remote also works. I have replaced the batteries in the headphones. I have purchased a set of wireless headphones from "in car stuff". These headphones will not work either. I have reset the DVD player, still no luck. Am i doing something wrong? Can anyone help please?

Damien.

Hi Hertndminds,

I followed the instructions on your link but no luck. i think i might have an idea what is causing the issue. There are 4 LED's on the door pillars. Only two are lighting on each side. Should all 4 be lighting on each side?

|Sorry I don't have the DVD player in my car so I don't know if all LEDS should light or some are for one channel and some for the other. Your best bet if no one on the forums knows is to pop into a Toyota dealer and ask.

To answer your question on the LED's, all of them should light up.

It may me that there is a break in the wiring between the LED's and the player. Trace this out and I'm sure there is also a plug connector within the centre console which may have come adrift. That's all I can help you with.

Just some additional information. If it becomes necessary to replace the DVD player do not go to Toyota as they charge around £700. This player is now obsolete but I have just replaced mine with a similar one for under £90. It is made by C-KO and the model is DVD500U, just do a web search for best price.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know if there is a separate fuse for the dvd player and the sound system? do you know where these fuses are located.

If you are getting video images sent to the monitors then the power side of the DVD system is OK. There is no separate fuse for the sound side.

Hi Anatoli,

I agree, i think it must be either a loose connection or a dodgy transmitter box. i think if i remove the cover over the handbrake, i should be able to access some of the wiring.

Damien

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links