Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Summertime For My Gen 3 ?

jont-uk

Noticed clock hadn't updated this morning so went into settings and switched on Daylight Savings but clock on dash display hasn't updated ... Thought it might when powered down but have four journeys today and still not changed ?

Anyone else notice this or are you all showing 10.45pm ;-) ... Might be a call to Mr T tomorrow then (and I don't mean my dad !)

Jon

Noticed clock hadn't updated this morning so went into settings and switched on Daylight Savings but clock on dash display hasn't updated ... Thought it might when powered down but have four journeys today and still not changed ?

Anyone else notice this or are you all showing 10.45pm ;-) ... Might be a call to Mr T tomorrow then (and I don't mean my dad !)

Jon

No, it doesn't update automatically. Just press the H button once (on the dash behind the steering wheel). And 23 times when the clocks go back!

The Satnav is handled separately on the clock setings screen (IIRC)

But you would have thought with all the technology in the car that it would be able to adjust the clock for summertime!>! :wacko:

But you would have thought with all the technology in the car that it would be able to adjust the clock for summertime!>! :wacko:

lol - then when the government changes it's mind and keep summertime all the year round we'd be moaning that the car kept changing the time!

no pleasing us is there :thumbsup:

Never mind adjusting for daylight time: the clock doesn't even keep time very accurately: I think the one on mine runs a bit fast, gaining a couple of minutes over a few months. This does upset the geek in me; what makes it worse (IMO) is that Toyota have thoughtfully provided a ":00" button so you can reset the seconds at exactly the right moment (based on your favourite atomic clock/GPS reference etc.). When I noticed this I thought it was a great feature but rather undermined by the fact that the clock doesn't keep very good time. That probably says more about me than the clock :nerd:

I suppose it follows a theme of high precision but low accuracy on the Prius:

- mpg is quoted to one decimal place and is 5-10% out

- speed is quoted to the nearest mph but is about 10% fast (although I'll forgive that one as there is a legal requirement that speed is not under-reported)

On the plus side, at least if the clock runs a bit fast I'm less likely to arrive late at my destination :)

Oh and beware relying on technology to sort out DST changes for you: Apple iPhones hit by summer time alarm glitch. -_- :yawn::huh::eek:

Oh and beware relying on technology to sort out DST changes for you: Apple iPhones hit by summer time alarm glitch

My I-pad was ok - not affected... regarding the accuracy, I've noticed that some PC's/Laptops don't keep good time either, whereas others are spot on.... I think it really depends on the accuracy of the chip that is used, some are more accurate than others...

There's no excuse for any car with an RDS radio not doing it automatically.

I suppose it follows a theme of high precision but low accuracy on the Prius:

- mpg is quoted to one decimal place and is 5-10% out

- speed is quoted to the nearest mph but is about 10% fast (although I'll forgive that one as there is a legal requirement that speed is not under-reported)

Yeah the mpg does seem to over quote by about 1-2 mpg, though I'm never sure if it is accurate and that my filling to the second click on the fuel pump isn't. :unsure:

The speed reads about 10% fast due to a United Nations Convention! Check out the following, in particular the section 'International Agreements';

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedometer

• Like 1

Anyway, if the clock changed itself, what would we have to do!!

The car parks itself, we don't need to change gear, if you have the option you don't even need to turn the lights on yourself.... come on guys, have a little bit of exercise!!! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Yeah the mpg does seem to over quote by about 1-2 mpg, though I'm never sure if it is accurate and that my filling to the second click on the fuel pump isn't. :unsure:

The mpg on the car gives a good indication but I sometimes get more and often fewer mpg when calculated on Fuelly. Impossible to tell whether it is the car or me. The overall average on Fuelly is reliable though.

David

Never mind adjusting for daylight time: the clock doesn't even keep time very accurately: I think the one on mine runs a bit fast, gaining a couple of minutes over a few months.

You think that's bad! My S Type Jaguar insists on gaining 4 minutes over a 6 week period and its not exactly a cheap car! Frankly I think its pretty pathetic in this day and age for any clock to gain several minutes in less than 2 months. PC's don't have much excuse either considering most of them get the time from the web which is accurate to uSeconds! (the u is micro in case you don't know what it represents)

I've recorded the actual and indicated mpg for my last 6 fill-ups and the indicated has always been 1 or 2 mpg higher than the actual. It's also odd that the error decreased as the mpg went up.

Another thought - it's fairly obvious if the indicated time or mpg are inaccurate, but has anyone checked whether the recorded mileage is accurate?

Please be aware your car is a "green" hybrid vehicle.

Your clock is caught up in the internal power struggle between the petrol engine want to change to BST and the electric motors wanting to keep to GMT to allow the Farmers earlier morning light to be able to make bio fuel for the petrol engine and thus the electric motors will not have to work so hard.

The ECU is so bored at struggling to maintain the peace that it's thinking of having both removed and just running on Radioactive Iodine Isotopes, which can currently only be in Glasgow or Cardiff, but will soon be available in the rest of the country.

Please be aware your car is a "green" hybrid vehicle.

Your clock is caught up in the internal power struggle between the petrol engine want to change to BST and the electric motors wanting to keep to GMT to allow the Farmers earlier morning light to be able to make bio fuel for the petrol engine and thus the electric motors will not have to work so hard.

The ECU is so bored at struggling to maintain the peace that it's thinking of having both removed and just running on Radioactive Iodine Isotopes, which can currently only be in Glasgow or Cardiff, but will soon be available in the rest of the country.

No, it's a good car that's cheap to run. Are you sure you haven't been watching Back to the Future?

Now also available in Oxfordshire apparently.

When we all glow in the dark, does that equate to being 100 percent green whether we have a hybrid or not?

My I-pad was ok - not affected... regarding the accuracy, I've noticed that some PC's/Laptops don't keep good time either, whereas others are spot on.... I think it really depends on the accuracy of the chip that is used, some are more accurate than others...

Some PCs use time servers to keep the clock right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol

There's no excuse for any car with an RDS radio not doing it automatically.

Some RDS stations have very inaccurate clocks. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links