Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do I Remove The Rear Spolier Please

REDBANKUK

Please will someone tell me how to remove the hatchback spoiler from my 2000 3 door toyota corolla S 1398cc ?

I have removed three nuts (one each side and one in the middle) but it is reluctant to come off.

The reason I want to do this is that my rear washer nozzle seems to be blocked.

Before you ask, the pump is working fine, I removed the rubber tube from the nozzle and a healthy stream of water is getting through.

Fiddling with a pin hasn't worked.

you need to use a strong fishing wire or say cheese wire. the spoiler is bonded on aswell as bolted in, just be carful and take loads of time as it is easiably breakable.

Thanks Ish that wasn't what I wanted to hear though !

I didn't know these rubbery spoilers were bonded on to the ten year old corollas - 3 bolts seems enough to me.

I guess I'll have to give it a go.

I tried using an airline on the tube poking out from the opening in the hatch and all that did was to blow the tube off the washer which as sods law goes is inaccesible without removing the spoiler.

Hi mate, as ish has said you will need to use a bit of fishing line to separate it from the body of the car. You may want to get at it with a heat gun first to soften it up a bit. Remember not to set it too hot or you can warp the plastics a bit.

When you re fit it I would advise that you reseal it, although it isn't 100% necessary, it will keep it more water tight and leave your 'rolla rust free for longer! :thumbsup:

Can you just chuck up a couple pictures of the spoiler and back of the car dude? It will really help us to give you guidance, plus it will help those who look back through this topic in the future.

KP

KP, photos should be up now.

Like a dumbo I connected an airline to the tube feeding the washer and only succeeded in blowing it off - duh ! :blushing:

Have heard that dental floss might cut through the bond.

post-6760-0-84456900-1301425286_thumb.jp

post-6760-0-20147400-1301425300_thumb.jp

post-6760-0-76321000-1301425301_thumb.jp

post-6760-0-51092900-1301425303_thumb.jp

post-6760-0-12211400-1301425305_thumb.jp

post-6760-0-81883100-1301425306_thumb.jp

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links