Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ish's Corolla

-Ish

Hi all

Well now that I've finished Studying I decided I want to have a car to keep for a while that looks nice and sporty and somehow got a few £’s to spend.

Up until now I've had 3 different corollas: with the biggest mod I did was tsport alloys ha ha.

Started off with a pre-faclfit corolla in a light grey/blue colour….then moved onto a 05 Corolla 1.4 is that ocean blue colour

CAR1.jpg

then after it was written off i purchased a 5 door colour collection

DSC00070.jpg

but it didnt appeal to me with 5 doors so last week i replaced it with a BLACK 1.4 Facelift Corolla 3door( with plans to keep it for a while).

corolla.png

Atm I cant afford to drive or insure a tsport as I drive alot, hence I stick to 1.4,.... But one day i plan on experiencing lift

Done quite a lot of posts but never showed my car so thought ide officially join the forum build thread trend!

Love the black man looks good. Some compressor rims would look really great on that

ha I always wondered when you would decide to join the clan :thumbsup:

LOVING the black 3 door mate, best looking so far I think, and could do with very little, it's a good looking car.

Obviously you can do a few things to help it like tints and lowering etc but tbh she looks very tidy! :thumbsup:

KP

Nice rolla man, good choice going for the black. To give you some idea's what to do, i uploaded some pictures of my old car. it was the exact same one 1.4 colour collection. The only thing else i did which are not in the pic's is take off the Ariel and replace it with a short stubby one, and added xenon lights and a whole new exhaust.

Oh, by the way all the mods i did on my 1.4 came upto around £500, including spoiler fitting and painting, alloys and tints. I got people commenting how nice it was.

I do miss that car, but I love my compressor now more :P.

111ehs.jpg

2222aa.jpg

33333g.jpg

444k.jpg

Thanks guys yh I love the black its such a nice colour and car stands out loads without any mods as long as its clean.

Plans are the tte bumper which ive put on tint and alloys atm, cant lower her yet as she already scraps a few places with the bumper. I put a beesting areial on and the next day it was gone, think some cheeky bugger pinched it.

Etihad, any time you wanna swap feel free!! B)

I really like the standard bumper on that type of corolla, or a FL bumper would look awesome too! Plus, the one mega awesome thing you could do is paint the headlamps innerds black. :drool:

KP

Ha ha we think alike! im planning on going 1 step further with the addition of angel eyes, just watiing on more funds to do it

Could look the muts if you get it done properly mate! I have to admit that I don't yet have the stones to crack open a pair of lights and do that sort of work. I may get a spare set of the CTS lights and have a go. :D

KP

Ethid are those tints on your car legal?

I want to get tints for my rolla but DVLA state that any form of tints cannot be used for the front side windows and windscreen. As a result it doesn't look right on my especially cos its a 5 door.

But if you guys are passing your MOT's with tints like on your car Ethid then it might be ok??

Nice rolla man, good choice going for the black. To give you some idea's what to do, i uploaded some pictures of my old car. it was the exact same one 1.4 colour collection. The only thing else i did which are not in the pic's is take off the Ariel and replace it with a short stubby one, and added xenon lights and a whole new exhaust.

Oh, by the way all the mods i did on my 1.4 came upto around £500, including spoiler fitting and painting, alloys and tints. I got people commenting how nice it was.

I do miss that car, but I love my compressor now more :P.

111ehs.jpg

2222aa.jpg

33333g.jpg

444k.jpg

I'm sure i must have seen you in that before!

Looks really familiar!

Yeah they are 100% legal. They were 35% at the front which is the limit and the back was 30%. I never had a problem with them from police or MOT.

You must of seen me around leeds when i had it mate got rid of it on October last year.

Hi all

Well now that I've finished Studying I decided I want to have a car to keep for a while that looks nice and sporty and somehow got a few £’s to spend.

Up until now I've had 3 different corollas: with the biggest mod I did was tsport alloys ha ha.

Started off with a pre-faclfit corolla in a light grey/blue colour….then moved onto a 05 Corolla 1.4 is that ocean blue colour

CAR1.jpg

then after it was written off i purchased a 5 door colour collection

DSC00070.jpg

but it didnt appeal to me with 5 doors so last week i replaced it with a BLACK 1.4 Facelift Corolla 3door( with plans to keep it for a while).

corolla.png

Atm I cant afford to drive or insure a tsport as I drive alot, hence I stick to 1.4,.... But one day i plan on experiencing lift

Done quite a lot of posts but never showed my car so thought ide officially join the forum build thread trend!

The cars all looked well - shame about the 05 blue one geting written off - hope every one was okay - cars can be replaced - people can't.

What spec did the Colour Collection have compared to a "normal" Corolla

Best of luck with the newest machine

Red diesel

The cars all looked well - shame about the 05 blue one geting written off - hope every one was okay - cars can be replaced - people can't.

What spec did the Colour Collection have compared to a "normal" Corolla

Best of luck with the newest machine

Red diesel

To be honest i think the colour collection is just a name, the first one i had was a T2 so it was quite basic with mannual side mirrors and no sterring controls or fog lights or bodykit, these were all included in the colour collection T3. I think the main difference between the colour collection and the T3 is the interior seating.

I actually prefer the 1.4 petrol which ive always had to the 1.6 petrol as i find it is cheaper to run and somehow nippier. Good luck with finding a corolla!

Did my first car wash today since purchasing it, Used Meguiar's gold shampoo which iwashed off with the hose. then used Meguiar's liquid wax, applied with a big sponge as i was running out of time, and then buffed it with a microfibre cloth, Thought for a 45minute job was pretty good.

Also added the Tte Bumper :yahoo: and areo-wipers

DSC00043-1.jpg

DSC00047-1.jpg

DSC00040-1.jpg

DSC00044-1.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

• 1 month later...

Managed to purchase that Toyota Badge. Took Toyota Birmingham 3 attempts and finally got it right.

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

I also took her to the the body shop to get the spoiler sprayed and attached, We used two bolts and some industrial glue so it wouldnt move.

Birmingham-20110408-00001.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

While there i also got my tints done, 50% all round(btw its not legal to have them done on the front but its hardly noticeable in the day and ive been parked next to the police twice and all i got was a smile!)

DSC001542.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

Oh an finally TTE Arrived, :drool:

DSC00174.jpg

That looks awesome!

Looks great and cheap to run = win.

Can I ask where you got that little TTE Badge that's on the front grille? Is it something that Toyota can get? If so do you know a part number, price etc? Woudn't mind one myself for my E11!

Again that Corolla looks incredible all very nicely done!

That's looking good dude.

Now another 45mm drop, some alloys, and it's a mean machine :D

Grtz

looks very nice that! love the corolla in black!

RE the front tint - can't remember where you're from Leeds springs to mind? I'm in dewsbury and here the police are anal about front tints, probably because they're useless at catching drug dealers, other "real" criminals so they fill their days giving grief to 21 year olds about front tinted windows. Mine are 50% at the front also, have been pulled before she put the light meter on and said its too dark but for some reason she gave me a producer but no MOT defect form for the tints, got away with it they're still on the car.

Also be careful in our area the police do a pre-summer crackdown on modifications and they've not done it this year yet it's longggg overdue. Not sure about leeds but that's how it is here, just a heads up :)

While I'm ranting about the police in our area can I also say that just because the police have blues and twos on does NOT mean you can overtake in the oncoming traffic lane on the blind crest of a hill!! The only reason I'm alive is because 1) I can thread my car thru the eye of a needle and 2) I didn't **** my load, stayed calm and got thru the gap!

And lastly I think the emergency services do a brilliant job, they've saved my grandma's life on 2 separate occasions but they seriously need to improve the level of driving skill!! Then you wonder why kids in 1.6 vtec jordan's don't worry about not stopping for a 3.2 v6 vectra lol!

</rant>

What mods they been cracking down on? Loud exhausts, tints and tyres?

looks lovely lad, fair play. :thumbsup:

just needs a nice set of wheels and lowered and your sorted B)

how did you get that bumper though? TTE have gone and nothing can be got anymore :huh:

car looks great lad, keep up the good work

That looks awesome!

Looks great and cheap to run = win.

Can I ask where you got that little TTE badge that's on the front grille? Is it something that Toyota can get? If so do you know a part number, price etc? Woudn't mind one myself for my E11!

Again that Corolla looks incredible all very nicely done!

Thanks mate, yh defo loving fact shes cheap to drive insure and has all the looks! get loads of people talking about her (someone even went as far as wanting to swap it with the civic ep3)

The TTE Badge for Front Grills Part Number is : PZ439X049003 im looking to go order another one next week so i can find out the price etc for you and if they still do them!

CorollaD4D- loved that rant.... na im from the midlands so we have loads of police around especially at night as theres quite alot of street racing going on. At night I usually drive with them half down any-hows so its ok and in the day they look normal, i think its a good blend especially since the cars black so its not as obvious.

andycam06- Havent seen you on here for a while! hows the car? I managed to get it off farhan as he sold his car as it was right colour, but i also have another one im in middle of currently buying for a possible project. Think Toyta england still have a few on the market.

Just out of curiousty what would they do if the did pull me over?... tell me to take them off or get fined?

Ahh guys i would love to get it lowered but for work reasons and the fact I drive most of my car-less mates around in ''Speed bump Birmingham'' it wouldnt be practical.

But i am on the lookout for alloys just dont know what to get, i quite liked the buddy clubs farhan had or im hooked on white compressor alloys. just hard to find. any suggestions?