Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo D4D Self Service

*Dan*

Hey all,

I have a 2006 Aygo Diesel and plan on self servicing this car.

How to locate & replace the fuel filter?

Having searched various forums and threads including the C1 and 106 it would seem that every one is referring to the Petrol models so I would rather gain advice on my model.

Thanks

Dan

It is not a D4D which is a range of Toyota engines. It's the same engine as the 1.4 HDI peugeot 206 & the 1.4 tdci ford fiesta. The 1.6 HDI is also very similar. You should be able to find haynes manuals for these older cars.

It is not a D4D which is a range of Toyota engines. It's the same engine as the 1.4 HDI peugeot 206 & the 1.4 tdci ford fiesta. The 1.6 HDI is also very similar. You should be able to find haynes manuals for these older cars.

Citroen did a C1 1.4 HDI - it's the same engine as that one that's found in that. Completely different power output to those found in the 206 and Fiesta though. It's the C1's engine that's identical.

On the petrol models the fuel tank has an internal filter I believe. Dont think this will help but I dont think many people have the diesel version on here.

Thanks to all who have added their comments.

I stated D4D as this is what is printed in the book and when searching the Car registration etc etc, so it is a little misleading.

If you search Toyota D4D the top result is "The technically advanced Toyota D-4D is a common rail four-stroke diesel engine with direct injection"

But the Aygo does not have a Toyota engine, so why is this listed in various places including the log book.

Anyway.....

As for the Fuel filter I read some where that it is located at the back of the engine below where the windscreen wiper is located.

Change fuel filter on other cars and it was a doddle, but having only owned an Aygo for 7 months I have spent little time familiarising on where everything is located, but as the weather is improving I plan on completing the rest of the jobs

Hopfully I can find the details based on the other cars specified online rather than purchasing a Haynes manaul for a 206.

I was not suggesting you bought a Haynes but as this basic PSA /Ford engine either 1.4 or 1.6 is fitted in so many cars like Vovo, Mazda etc you might be able to ascertain from somebody who had a Haynes.

The diesel is of course now discontinued for C1,107 and Aygo so doubtful if should Haynes ever produce a manual covering these cars it would include a diesel version. Percentage wise not a lot of diesels were sold.

If the Toyota 1.4D4D with 90hp were ever fitted it would be oustanding in both performance and economy. ThePSA engine was too underpowered and not worth the extra cost.

Imagine the Aygo with 90bhp engine, will be way over powered, fun tho!

I'm glad its a 50bhp engine as it means cheaper tax, insurance, better mpg etc etc. Besides there would be more boy racers around if the Aygo had more power.

If any one happens to know where the fuel filter is located or can provide any tips/pics then that would be just splendid.

The link above http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95170 will take you to a diagram of the diesel engine and also to another link showing service details. The diesel fuel filter is shown as every 72 months.

The fuel filter from another site is said it looks like this picture. Should not be that hard to find I would have thought. Good luck

post-18994-0-97258200-1301852098_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links