Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Install A Disp Button On The Wheel?

baba_metca

Hello,

My girlfriend's Auris 2.0 d4d LHD has no DISP button on the steering wheel. The car has a Speed Limiter and a Cruise control. The speed limiter buton is placed on the right side of the wheel and over it, there are two buttons (in one section) that are blank buttons. When we asked our Toyota dealer if it's possible, the responce was "NO, the computer is probably different and will not have the settings to set the data from the steering wheel". Whell I did have the same answer for the cruise control installation for my avensis 2.0 d4d T25, and we all know that that is possible. So I think that they are again wrong. The car is an year and a half old and still in warranty, so I only want to know if this is possible so that I can harass them to install it.

Thanks.

RE: I saw that the facelift of the 2007 model has the DISP button on the stearing wheel. The stearing wheel itself is changed. It has a flat bottom and the button panels are different. But is the ECU and the pins behind the airbag different?

• 2 years later...

Spiral cable needs an extra wire in order to replace a blank button with an active one (display button in our case). A quick and good solution is replacing audio "MODE" function with trip computer "DISP".

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links