Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Parking Sensors

Hartside

Has anyone had genuine Toyota parking sensors fitted to their car by a dealer. Just wondering if they come colour coded and what the cost of this dealer fit accessory would be.

hi i have the same model as you they do come colour coded but i do not know the price

rexleroy.

Yes they are colour coded. Had them fitted when I bought the car off the main dealer.

They charged £250

Thanks folks, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks folks, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Forgive me if you already know this but after market ones can be bought off eBay for less than £30.00 with the special hole cutter included and they only need to be connected into the reversing light wiring with a scotch lock. I'm sure an auto electrician wouldn't charge to much to fit them if you didn't fancy doing it yourself.

Pete.

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look again and decide.

Hi Hartside.

I fitted a set of these from the makers, something like Parking Sensers.co.uk. Google it.

Easy to do just don’t rush the job.

Took me 1.5 hours.

Wiring easy. Most difficult was measuring and drilling the holes. I put some masking tape over the bumper and drill through that.

Painted the faces with spray paint a few days before I did the job.

Looked good for £38 inc' paint. (small aerosol)

R

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am new to this forum.

I am thinking of fitting an aftermarket parking sensor (one that's from eBay) myself.

Having read about some installation guides on the internet and threads from this forum, I have decided to start the job.

I went to the back of my Corolla E12 2004 Hatch today, and find out that the reverse light is plugged to a light cluster and a connector supplies power and trigger the operations for the lights.

However I am having a little problem, I am not too certain about how to connect the power wires for the parking sensors to the connections of the reverse light

P.S. I have never used a scotch lock before

Regard

K

Regard

K

Welcome

Try this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7916325273298635405#

Cheers I watched this yesterday and some say it is more secure to solder the wires? Also, there are a pair of wires (comes off the control units) one red one black, the red is a positive +12v, so do I just need to scotch lock this with the reverse light wire. What do I do with the black, ground it to the chassis with a screw?

Much thanks

K

The use of Scotch Locks is very poor practice, amateurish and should be avoided if at all possible. They are are "bodge". :yes:

Regard

K

Welcome

Try this:

http://video.google....25273298635405#

Cheers I watched this yesterday and some say it is more secure to solder the wires? Also, there are a pair of wires (comes off the control units) one red one black, the red is a positive +12v, so do I just need to scotch lock this with the reverse light wire. What do I do with the black, ground it to the chassis with a screw?

Much thanks

K

Yes the black wire is earth and there should be an available earth point screw near to the rear light cluster, by the way just one scotch lock connection isn't really bad practice if you are not great with auto electrics as is correct in your case it seems, so to start stripping wires and soldering if you are not good with these things can lead to more of a bodged job even though I do agree soldering is better but you do need to know what you are doing :yes:.

Regards .... Pete.