Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J A E 2011

Phoenix999

I see that JAE is set for.....

Wicksteed Park, Kettering, Northants

9th 10th 11th September 2011

I did not attend in 2010 but would like to this year :yes:

Have a look here and see what is going on at this time :thumbsup:

If TOC has a stand does anyone know if they want to attend?

Did you notice on the linked page there is a glareing error on the flashing banner?...........It says JAE 2010!!!!

Not yet sure if I will go this year

I did notice and I wonder if that is the sign of their attention to detail :help:

Did you notice on the linked page there is a glareing error on the flashing banner?...........It says JAE 2010!!!!

Won't you need a Tardis to do that ? :D

Won't you need a Tardis to do that ? :D

Keep up at the back!............Mercedes is about to go!

New Verso S T Spirit Auto on order! :yahoo:

I suppose it all depends on whether or not TOC wants to attend this year and if people are willing to organise it

The Berkshire lot are in if Toc is going to have a stand this year :)

That'll be one Celica GT4, 2 Celica GT's, one MR2, one MR2 Turbo, One Hilux Surf and then as long as you guys dont mind some non toyota's a Honda s2000, Honda crx & a Nissan 200sx.

9 Cars straight away :)

I e-mailed the organisers of JAE to ask if they would consider selling 'day' wrist bands, this is my text:

Guys

Can you please give serious consideration to selling daily attendance tickets for car club members that want to display their cars on the stands?

I have had the pleasure of attending JAE since 2005 and having my cars on a couple of stands but I have to be honest and say that I am not keen to have to pay £25 for a day. I am not interested in benefiting from anything other that getting my car on a stand so can you issue plain wrist bands for day visitors?

Best regards

The reply back from someone called John Fuggles reads:

Hi Steve,

There is a choice between being part of the show or just visiting. If you want to be part of the show the advanced entry ticket is £25 whether you stay for the day or the whole weekend,

Regards

John

I read into it that this reply suggests that if I don't like it I can shove it.... nice isn't it :huh:

I suppose it all depends on whether or not TOC wants to attend this year and if people are willing to organise it

You and Hou going to have another crack at it again this year.

You and Hou going to have another crack at it again this year.

Not sure on that one...

Had nothing but bitchy comments after last years JAE....

We were told we were allowed to do certain things which was suddenly forgotten about after the event......

£25 per person for up to 3 nights camping, I'll be there :) taking advantage of 4 nights camping in my case.

IF you have a car over 25 yrs old you can buy an advance ticket from Retro Car, can't remember exactly how much it is/was but £15 springs to mind.

I'll be going with me own OC :P If TOC has a stand though I'll definitely be heading over there for a night :D

Have to say that you got a rather snotty reply there Steve, that said I am personally prepared to pay the £25.

I'd love to see TOC there but I have to say that judging by Hou and Gaz's previous experiences with the Club and organising the show, I understand why they don't want to do it again and why no one wants to take the reigns.

KP

Not sure on that one...

We were told we were allowed to do certain things which was suddenly forgotten about after the event......

Gaz..... bitchy comments from who :unsure: Was this from TOC members or otherwise :huh:

I'll support you if both you and Hou want to team up again :thumbsup: I'll only attend for the Saturday but could help out with one or two minor issues :yes:

Not sure on that one...

Gaz..... bitchy comments from who :unsure: Was this from TOC members or otherwise :huh:

I'll support you if both you and Hou want to team up again :thumbsup: I'll only attend for the Saturday but could help out with one or two minor issues :yes:

It was despite everybody saying they'd had a good time last year that after the event a few comments were made about certain things... to be honest i'm not gonna go into too much detail as it's not in the club's interest to bring it all back up.

I'll have a chat with Hou about this years...... failing that if anybody else is willing to organise it then i'll help out where i can

If I am honest, I will be finding it hard to drum up the enthusiasm for arranging this. As Gaz pointed out, everyone had a great time, the bitchy comments were from none attending members of TOC staff. That and the way that management made us feel very appreciated, I would only be organising it for the members, not for TOC as a club.

Last year was an awesome laugh (bar the thing we do not talk about) and was the 2nd best JAE I have ever been to (nothing will beat 2006). Just upsets me that certain people were against the idea from the start!

I will be at JAE this year no matter what, who with is the question!

Hi everyone

I am new to this! Whats involved at the meet?

Cyaben

Definitley up for this again this year - but I'll probably be drinking less this year! :thumbsup: (nice sky though....! :help: )

I'd like to help as much as I can, let me know if theres anything I can do or if theres anything I can bring along

Hi everyone

I am new to this! Whats involved at the meet?

Cyaben

The whole event is about Japanese cars.... if you are involved with a club and are willing to pay the entry fee then most likely you can display your car.

May I suggest you watch this thread and I am sure a lot more info will be given as time passes :thumbsup:

I will be there, it was ace last year, im guna have to get a metal bucket for this one haha :thumbsup:

Why a metal bucket?.. did someone break your plastic one last year? :rolleyes::lol:

I will be attending this year, but like Hou I don't know who with. I have already had a couple of offers from elsewhere and both.. no offence to the company on TOC which is always fantastic.. are more appealing at the moment. Should I not be on a TOC stand I will most certainly spend time getting bladdered with friends who will be :yahoo:

i will be there not sure which stand yet tho

My bucket was vandalised my two people, wont name names, they know who they are haha

Looks like fun might try to get down there too, I would definately be up for a bit of bucket vandalising :yes:

Not sure on that one...

It was despite everybody saying they'd had a good time last year that after the event a few comments were made about certain things... to be honest i'm not gonna go into too much detail as it's not in the club's interest to bring it all back up.

I'll have a chat with Hou about this years...... failing that if anybody else is willing to organise it then i'll help out where i can

Every JAE has been the same for me Gaz, the "WOW! We will definitely be coming next year"...........NEVER happens :rolleyes:

If I am honest, I will be finding it hard to drum up the enthusiasm for arranging this. As Gaz pointed out, everyone had a great time, the bitchy comments were from none attending members of TOC staff. That and the way that management made us feel very appreciated, I would only be organising it for the members, not for TOC as a club.

Last year was an awesome laugh (bar the thing we do not talk about) and was the 2nd best JAE I have ever been to (nothing will beat 2006). Just upsets me that certain people were against the idea from the start!

I will be at JAE this year no matter what, who with is the question!

Welcome to the TOC lack of appreciation society ;)

There is not a snowball in hells chance of me organising any more meets for TOC, in fact if anyone is interested, my last involvement with TOC is the CAE meet (If you don't know what it is........I'm not surprised :rolleyes: )

So............For your last involvement here with GIDDLEPIN...... come and join me there.

.... in fact if anyone is interested, my last involvement with TOC is the CAE meet ....

Les.... this part of your message is not so good.... are you willing to share with us what this actually means?