Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J A E 2011

Phoenix999

Aint been on here for a while but looks like a lot has changed..

Fizz... nothing has changed, it's just that perfunctoriness has grown

Still... good to see you stopping by :thumbsup:.

I'd just like to say that, having been a Events organiser and a magazine editor for a different club (and now ex - member of same club), organising eents is the most thankless, frustrating, and complained about by other people job that anyone can do. I've had someone complain to me that they didn't havea ticket for an event, go out of my way to get them one, then have them have a right go at me because I got them a ticket! :wacko::crybaby::help:

I can understand why Giddlepin wants to give up organising these great events, I don't think it should stop you guys going to the events, we just need someone (or some people ?) to take over this thankless task - stop pointing at me! :blink:

How about - its just an idea - we make an effort to make this years JAE and CAE ones to remember for all the right reasons? I've only done 2 JAE's and one CAE but they are head and shoulders above any other event I've been to with another club I'm now an ex - member of. :yes: People are friendlier, the company is always good, and its good fun! :yahoo:

So come on! lets make these events something to be happy about! :yahoo::yahoo: :D

Sorry for ranting......!

Well said Mr Bird!

Thanks Fizz!

To organise such an event there have to be willing volunteers who, in my opinion, need to be there for the entire event.

Now, I suggest that Gaz and Hou are the ideal people given that they did it last year along with one or two other good people :thumbsup:

If they are either unable or unwilling to undertake these duties once again the please can someone else step forward :huh:

Is there anyone, ANYONE at all that is willing to organise the TOC stand at JAE for this year :unsure:

Yes it is a thankless task, I know as I used to organise events for the 350Z club a few years back.... before you ask, no I am not going for the 3 days of JAE ;)

So, Gaz and Hou, are you willing to take up this task for 2011????

To organise such an event there have to be willing volunteers who, in my opinion, need to be there for the entire event.

Now, I suggest that Gaz and Hou are the ideal people given that they did it last year along with one or two other good people :thumbsup:

If they are either unable or unwilling to undertake these duties once again the please can someone else step forward :huh:

Is there anyone, ANYONE at all that is willing to organise the TOC stand at JAE for this year :unsure:

Yes it is a thankless task, I know as I used to organise events for the 350Z club a few years back.... before you ask, no I am not going for the 3 days of JAE ;)

I think that Hou has already answered that in this post:

Hou, on 06 April 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

If I am honest, I will be finding it hard to drum up the enthusiasm for arranging this. As Gaz pointed out, everyone had a great time, the bitchy comments were from none attending members of TOC staff. That and the way that management made us feel very appreciated, I would only be organising it for the members, not for TOC as a club. Last year was an awesome laugh (bar the thing we do not talk about) and was the 2nd best JAE I have ever been to (nothing will beat 2006). Just upsets me that certain people were against the idea from the start!

I will be at JAE this year no matter what, who with is the question!

Organisation of any TOC stand needs to be for the benefit of the club and all its members!

I think that Hou has already answered that in this post:

Hou, on 06 April 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

If I am honest, I will be finding it hard to drum up the enthusiasm for arranging this. As Gaz pointed out, everyone had a great time, the bitchy comments were from none attending members of TOC staff. That and the way that management made us feel very appreciated, I would only be organising it for the members, not for TOC as a club. Last year was an awesome laugh (bar the thing we do not talk about) and was the 2nd best JAE I have ever been to (nothing will beat 2006). Just upsets me that certain people were against the idea from the start!

I will be at JAE this year no matter what, who with is the question!

Organisation of any TOC stand needs to be for the benefit of the club and all its members!

Well step forward and organise it then?

I would be doing it so that the members of TOC were able to go, as a group, still under the TOC name, but only for those members to be together and attend. I wouldn't be doing it for a favour to admin, to promote the TOC name or to show my love to the club as an entity.

If that would be a wrong reason to do it then tough, the way I see it at the moment is unless you are going to step forward and sort it there is little other interest in it being done!

Hi all

Haven't been here in a while either and it's a shame to see this about JAE but I understand the comments completely.

Tina

I would be doing it so that the members of TOC were able to go, as a group, still under the TOC name, but only for those members to be together and attend. I wouldn't be doing it for a favour to admin, to promote the TOC name or to show my love to the club as an entity.

If that would be a wrong reason to do it then tough, the way I see it at the moment is unless you are going to step forward and sort it there is little other interest in it being done!

Snap!

After the comments made after last years JAE i feel the same as Hou.

Happy to help organise something for the members under the TOC banner but that would be it.

TOC is no longer one big club, it's lots of smaller fragmented clubs where members rarely post out of their own sections.... it's hard to promote a club at events like these as the only people who seem to attend are the one's that meet up regularly anyway (with a few exceptions).

Last years JAE stand looked like an advert for a Corolla Owners club....

Snap!

After the comments made after last years JAE i feel the same as Hou.

Happy to help organise something for the members under the TOC banner but that would be it.

TOC is no longer one big club, it's lots of smaller fragmented clubs where members rarely post out of their own sections.... it's hard to promote a club at events like these as the only people who seem to attend are the one's that meet up regularly anyway (with a few exceptions).

Come on you two, there is no way you would do this under the Toc banner

................................It was nicked last year :rolleyes:

Come on you two, there is no way you would do this under the Toc banner

................................It was nicked last year :rolleyes:

True... i guess we could do it as the "no name" club then? :P :lol:

Well if a group of friends from this club attend then I would like to join them even if for just the one day :thumbsup:

Ok, I've given this some thought..... :blink:

If no one else wants to, I'm willing to organise (or, more realistically help organise) the TOC stand. :help:

HOWEVER!!!!!!

I can't deal with advance tickets or anything with money, due to the limited time I have online, and the fact that I can't chase people up during the day about payments when I'm supposed to be stacking boxes. So, if anyone wants to take on this part of things.....

I hope this offer is ok with everyone? If theres an alternative way the club wants to go then ok,I'll hrow my weight behind it. I feel that we need one stand for everyone who wants to go, it just gets messy and could lead to arguments if people find that they're on two different stands - or friends are all on one stand and they're not! :ffs:

Hope that makes sense...... :huh:

Don't tell anyone but I think there was some mr2's, Yaris', Aygos, and an Avensis on the stand as well - not to mention the Hondas.....!!

I think it was just how things went - maybe this year we'll get a load of Aygos!

Yes I know its a bit worrying remembering what was on the stand last year..... I think there wern't that many Corollas actually!

My bucket was vandalised my two people, wont name names, they know who they are haha

IMG_3083.jpg

Is it only me that has the impression that TOC will not be at JAE this year :huh: :(

Is it only me that has the impression that TOC will not be at JAE this year :huh: :(

its starting to look that way! :crybaby::angry:

Is there anyone else goingso that we could at least meet up on site? I'd love to do a TOC stand, but I don't think the enthusiasam is there(PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!) :ffs: :unsure:

If there's a TOC stand I'll be there.

The TOC stands at JAE used to be epic. But as mentioned above the membership does seem to be diluted between other Toyota based forums. So maybe the best thing to do is still go but ensure there is friendship between ALL Jap car clubs. I'll be there with Celica Club as per usual but please do feel free to come and say hello and make yourself known.

• 3 weeks later...

Im goin with JDM northwest as long as they get enough people :rolleyes:

i remember the times that TOC had one of the biggest and fullest stands at the show. now we barly have enough members attending to fill my driveway.

i agree with gaz, the club is fragmented individual forums on one website and little or no interaction between them.

tis a sad thing but i doubt there will be enough people going from here to make a stand worth while.

I think I know what that event we cannot mention was.... "daddy love" was mine :crybaby:

I have come to the frame of mind that the idea of TOC attending JAE this year is dead so I'll simply turn up as a spectator :(

If someone wants to organise a stand for this year I will happily attend and give my support by displaying my car. If Hou and Gaz don't undertake this task then I will understand the reasons :mellow:

Right,

I am not to sure exactly whats involved in organising this but can we have a show of hands who might be interested in trying to sort something and wing my way through it. At the moment I am waiting to hear from another club but lets test the water and see what reaction we have here.

As far as I am aware we need at least 10 cars so here is the first 2.

1. dangermooser Corolla t sport

2. dangermoosers side kick ;) Corolla G6R

Any more for anymore?