Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J A E 2011

Phoenix999

Yes I was indeed the one who said this was the perfect example of lack of support, it is indeed what it is!

There is no obligation for anyone to support this club but when people use the forum/s for various reasons then it would not be too much to ask to have a little support displayed even if once a year :huh:

I am not suggesting that Sally is obligated towards TOC but I used her post as the example of the lack of support that is currently swamping this club :huh:

Having read the posts i know you didn't mean it like that...

I fully agree that the 'club' has a lack of support and, as highlighted above, it seems members from the individual forums don't want to attend as they don't know anybody.... but unless they attend they will never get to know anyone!

I went to my first JAE after meeting Les and a few others at a meet just before it...

The fact i have gone every year since then should be enough to show people that those who attend are extremely friendly and really easy to get on with.

I've made a number of good friends from this forum who are all over the UK, JAE is the perfect place to catch up with those further away.

If TOC doesn't attend JAE then i have a new problem as i don't really go on other forums and i can't have a stand on my own unsure.gif

+1 to that.

at the end of the day most members on here are car people, if they weren't the wouldn't come on here for advice they would just go to a garage and have it fixed. surely any one with an interest would want to go to a car show?

i think TOC as a community is no more, its now more of a drop in centre.

gaz i believe KP may be having a stand for the AE-92's might be worth asking him if the TOC stand doesn't go ahead

gaz i believe KP may be having a stand for the AE-92's might be worth asking him if the TOC stand doesn't go ahead

Think i could pass my car off as a "body-kitted AE-92"??

:lol:

You could try! :P

I'd be happy to take you on if TOC doesn't attend. Even though I am sure you would die a little inside..... :lol:

KP

If TOC doesn't attend JAE then i have a new problem as i don't really go on other forums and i can't have a stand on my own unsure.gif

I'm in the same boat - if theres no TOC stand, I won't go. :unsure::crybaby:

Reading the posts on the past couple of pages, I think we COULD have a great stand this year :yes: - as long as we ignore the silly comments from those who don't know better.(those who pot comments on forums after the event, not anyone on here!)

Theres enough people regularly posting on here to take a responsibility each instead of lumping it all on two people - so whos up for it?! :yahoo:

.... so whos up for it?! :yahoo:

I commend your enthusiasm but sadly I feel that the attendance of TOC for 2011 as dead in the water so have hope for next year :huh:

We could still have a stand this year..............depends how much Admin want a TOC presence there

I suppose I'm still admin-ish for the time being.

In answer to your statement Hou, I have always wanted a Toc prrsence at JAE and in the recent past tried every method I know to drum up support, posting 9-12 months in advance on EVERY forum is too early aparently, even 1 month in advance is too early according to some. On the last JAE I organised I let the other clubs in to make up numbers, the next year when only 5 cars would have been on stand ( 2 of them were mine) That is when I gave it up.

So........yes, admin would like a Toc prrsence, but you need CONFIRMED numbers to make it happen,

Sorry Les, I meant more how much does Steve want a TOC presence?

I know you would love one but no one here is really organising anything. I know Pheonix is trying to drum up interest but as far as I was aware he wasn't going to actually arrange it

I would arrange the stand, but, after the way Steve was last year and a certain mod, I wouldn't be doing it for nothing, I would want something in return!

Sorry if that sounds selfish but there comes a point where you have to give up

Hou, I totally understand your frustrations regarding any attendance by TOC at JAE this year following on from the happenings of last.

With respect to Steve (Admin) I have to say that no one person is or controls TOC, surely TOC is about the wider membership. If Steve is not too keen then he does not have to attend.

On the matter of organisation. I am happy to help out on a couple of the minor issues and I know that Dangermooser is willing to step forward and help where he can. With this in mind I would hope that the tasks of last year can be shared a little and that would make your job, if you wish to accept it, much easier. I very much hope that Gaz will be on board too!

Clearly Les likes the idea of TOC and JAE so lets hope that is an example of the greater membership here. Les, bloody well get yerself down to JAE this year and enjoy the event, I am sure Annie would support you as we all would :thumbsup:

I very much hope that Gaz will be on board too!

I could possibly help i suppose........ :P

Clearly Les likes the idea of TOC and JAE so lets hope that is an example of the greater membership here. Les, bloody well get yerself down to JAE this year and enjoy the event, I am sure Annie would support you as we all would :thumbsup:

I'm sure Anne would have something to say about Les spending a weekend with this 'Annie' :P :lol:

I'm sure Anne would have something to say about Les spending a weekend with this 'Annie' :P :lol:

:oops::blush: ;) :lol: I feel sure that Anne will forgive me :help:

OK, I am going to put myself back in on this. I have committed to another club but at present not a huge amount seems to be happening. So if we have enough serious support (ie are prepared to put their hand up, pay their money and not let us down) I am more than willing to work on this.

I need to work on time scales that are apropriate so I suggest we have a closing date for people willing to attend of the 26th May 2011, we need 10 cars to make this worth while so a new list is below. If we don't get enough names then we will have to look at it and see if we are prepared to pay a little bit more so we can have a stand!

I don't mean to sound ar*ey but we need to decide and to decide quickly, I do wrok a lot of hours so time is at a premium for me but I am happy to do the work if we have the support,

Thanks

Stu

JAE 2011 TOC

1. Dangermooser Corolla T Sport

2. My Mate Corolla G6R

Come on peeps lets do this :yahoo:

JAE 2011 TOC

2. My Mate Corolla G6R

3. Phoenix999 - Avensis Tourer (Saturday only)

I need to work on time scales that are apropriate so I suggest we have a closing date for people willing to attend of the 26th May 2011, we need 10 cars to make this worth while so a new list is below. If we don't get enough names then we will have to look at it and see if we are prepared to pay a little bit more so we can have a stand!

Considering how long this thread has been going i doubt you'll suddenly get 10 names in the next 8 days...

The only way there will be a TOC stand at JAE is if Steve books a pitch.... then we have until September to convince people to come....

Considering how long this thread has been going i doubt you'll suddenly get 10 names in the next 8 days...

The only way there will be a TOC stand at JAE is if Steve books a pitch.... then we have until September to convince people to come....

Thats fair enough, but will anyone want to book a stand at a cost without commitment from other members? I know I won't be prepared to do that. The other reason for using that time frame is that I am not prepared to spend months trying to get people to commit to this as I just don't have the time. If we can get 7 or 8 cars by next week then it might be do-able.... so we will just have to see.

TBH we had 4 cars down the other week and since then there have been a handful of people who have expressed interest so if they are still up for it we could easily have 8 by next week, as I said above we will just have to see :)

Well I have not been on the forum for ages and have been so busy........

We have been talking about it, If my other half and I come along, that'll be a Hilux and an MR2. She might have work issues and only head down on the saterday evening.

Talking to some of the locals (ooooaarrrr) on my forum (all Ex TOC) and the following expressed an interest..

Me Hilux

Other Half MR2

plus

GTFOUR x1

Supra x1 (possibly 2)

Celica x2

Mr2 Turbo x1

non Toyota

S13

S2000

Prelude

If that helps?

Well I have not been on the forum for ages and have been so busy........

We have been talking about it, If my other half and I come along, that'll be a Hilux and an MR2. She might have work issues and only head down on the saterday evening.

Talking to some of the locals (ooooaarrrr) on my forum (all Ex TOC) and the following expressed an interest..

Me Hilux

Other Half MR2

plus

GTFOUR x1

Supra x1 (possibly 2)

Celica x2

Mr2 Turbo x1

non Toyota

S13

S2000

Prelude

If that helps?

Yep. thats 11 cars from the Reading lot for the TOC stand if it goes ahead :) Looking forward to JAE :)

Karma and Leeky,

Thats great could you copy and paste onto the list a few posts up with confirmed cars ASAP.

A big thank you for your support, this will help massively :thumbsup:

2. My Mate Corolla G6R

3. Phoenix999 - Avensis Tourer (Saturday only)

4. Karma Supra - Hilux Surf

5. Charlies Angel - MR2 (Sat evening - Sunday)

6. Leeky - Sillycar GT-4

7. Matt MR2 Turbo

8. Rookey - Supra

9. CRXXX - S13

10. PaulT - Supra

11. Lord Ed - Prelude

12. JCB - Sillycar

13. LeaLea - Sillycar

14. MIP - S2000 (90% confirmed - yes he is in IT)

Woohoo Karma.....result 14 cars (13 definate) with a week to go who would have thought it eh????

I am going to sort out the application tonight and pricing etc.

I will post up whats what later.

Can you let me know what the club is that you guys represent and I will apply jointly

You'll need to check with Steve (Admin) before applying for anything and i'd guess the above will be coming as TOC if you're wanting Steve to pay for it.

You need to know the amount of pitches and in which area at JAE as Steve will have to send the cheque to pay for the stand

Hiya don't worry about club names, it's just a little forum I have for local mates to keep in touch.