Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis D4D Injectors

micky1483

Hi, i was just wondering does anyone know why my car is so hard on fuel. It has always been a little smokey and sometimes going uphill would hesitate to boost if that being the correct term. Its like it has plenty of power then hold back for a couple of seconds then go again. Its showing 62-65 mpg but done some maths and only gettin 43.3 on long journeys witch is preety bad. The car has 133000 miles and i know this is'nt alot for a toyota, had the egr valve cleaned no smoke for 1-2 hundred miles but bavk the same again anyone else having the same problem

hi micky try having the cat removed for a decat pipe. the cats on diesels tend to foul up quicker than petrols. and it is a well known fact a cat saps power. and you can legally run a diesel without a cat and it will still pass an mot. hope this helps.

Hi, i was just wondering does anyone know why my car is so hard on fuel. It has always been a little smokey and sometimes going uphill would hesitate to boost if that being the correct term. Its like it has plenty of power then hold back for a couple of seconds then go again. Its showing 62-65 mpg but done some maths and only gettin 43.3 on long journeys witch is preety bad. The car has 133000 miles and i know this is'nt alot for a toyota, had the egr valve cleaned no smoke for 1-2 hundred miles but bavk the same again anyone else having the same problem

hi mate

it seems your injectors do not want you to drive with pleasure.

have them four removed/tested/calibrated -- it is the first thing to do.

Good luck/Igor

What condition is your air filter in?

It would be a simple item to check that would cost you nothing, and if it turns out to be blocked then it will be cheap to replace and could cure your problem.

If that fails, then start to look at the more expensive options listed above.

What condition is your air filter in?

It would be a simple item to check that would cost you nothing, and if it turns out to be blocked then it will be cheap to replace and could cure your problem.

If that fails, then start to look at the more expensive options listed above.

Air filter is grand the car is serviced every 8-10 thousand miles without fail. Everything at the minute is pointing towards injectors but they are to expensive to go changing.

hi micky try having the cat removed for a decat pipe. the cats on diesels tend to foul up quicker than petrols. and it is a well known fact a cat saps power. and you can legally run a diesel without a cat and it will still pass an mot. hope this helps.

Its differant here in Ireland steve they are dead strict on emissions wouldnt just get away with it that handy unfortunatly but will look into it if that was the case a new one would be cheaper than trying to run it at the minute with the price diesel is at thanks steve

before replacing the injectors,confirm that is your problem,and as they are a servicable item,then have them done.much cheaper than new ones.theres got to be a injection speceilist near you to check them out.

Out of interest, where do you buy your fuel? Is it supermarket stuff or brand name fuel?

If you are sure its an injector problem, try a good quality fuel injection cleaner like BG244.

Its not cheap, but it can work wonders for your engine, and will be cheaper than a diagnosis charge at a dealers.

If it cures the issue, you have saved money. If it doesn't, you have only lost £25 trying.

Out of interest, where do you buy your fuel? Is it supermarket stuff or brand name fuel?

If you are sure its an injector problem, try a good quality fuel injection cleaner like BG244.

Its not cheap, but it can work wonders for your engine, and will be cheaper than a diagnosis charge at a dealers.

If it cures the issue, you have saved money. If it doesn't, you have only lost £25 trying.

yes it is worth to try with diesel injector cleaner, subject to the only tarry films are between needle and tip housing. but in case of a sulfur corrosion right in the same spots -- it is necessary to either change injector nozzle or refresh contact surface between needle and seat. Cheers/Igor

Sorry just getting back to yous now. I live rite beside the border of ireland and northern ireland so yes washed diesel is a problem. I went out to start the car this morning to go to dublin and it was hard to start and of a cylinder so i think it must be injectors. Davey where do you get that BG244 what brand is it

The easiest place to get it seems to be eBay.

I think the seller is called 'Power enhancer' and is well known over on the Ford Forums (thats how i know about the stuff).

I'm not saying it will fix the problem, but most people who have injector issue have agreed that it has helped their car with starting issues.

I'm not sure if the smell will make any difference, but if its sold as an injector cleaner, then it should do what it says on the tin.

• 3 years later...

Sorry just getting back to yous now. I live rite beside the border of ireland and northern ireland so yes washed diesel is a problem. I went out to start the car this morning to go to dublin and it was hard to start and of a cylinder so i think it must be injectors. Davey where do you get that BG244 what brand is it

Hi Micky,

I'm further up the country (just outside Belfast), and like you agree that the susceptibility to rubbish diesel is pretty high over here. I was wondering if you had had any luck getting your injector problem sorted out.

I have an 06 Avensis 2.2 D4D that has a dislodged injector and I was wondering if there were any independents that you could recommend locally?

Cheers,

D