Do Not Sell My Personal Information

07 D4D Auris Gen Lowering Springs

grant w

Hi I find the car does not handle all that great, not that I am a hard driver or anything, I noticed Toyota do a lowering spring kit that lowers the car by 25mm has anyone had or got these springs and noticed a difference. I still want a comfortable ride thats why I am thinking of gen parts rather than aftermarket. I dont want to change it to feel like a go cart.

Hi I find the car does not handle all that great, not that I am a hard driver or anything, I noticed Toyota do a lowering spring kit that lowers the car by 25mm has anyone had or got these springs and noticed a difference. I still want a comfortable ride thats why I am thinking of gen parts rather than aftermarket. I dont want to change it to feel like a go cart.

fitted them on mine , have a look i posted a pic . the ride is still smooth , settled at about 35mm and does make a differance .to me the auris sits to high but these springs lower it without it looking like its going to shake yer bones to bits .

fitted them on mine , have a look i posted a pic . the ride is still smooth , settled at about 35mm and does make a differance .to me the auris sits to high but these springs lower it without it looking like its going to shake yer bones to bits .

post-101751-0-33618600-1302094225_thumb.

That is a shiny d4d so thats 35mm, are they the ones Toyota supply? When I called Toyota they said there springs lower the car by 25mm. Does the car still nose dive under braking as much.

That is a shiny d4d so thats 35mm, are they the ones Toyota supply? When I called Toyota they said there springs lower the car by 25mm. Does the car still nose dive under braking as much.

lol , i use meguiers polish - wet look. they are genuine toyota ones and they claim to be 25mm but we measured and its more like 35mm when settled . no it doesnt nose dive and it takes roundabouts alot better .

i have these on my sr and its alot better on handling and breaking, i didnt measure the gap before i lowered mine but don think its lowered it 35mm but all depends where and how its parked, if its at work it looks lower than 25mm but not when its on the drive

• 3 weeks later...

My first post :-)

I bought the last ones off eBay dirt cheap (why pay extortionate prices, when you can buy the same genuine ones you get from Toyota?):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290557298206

Keep an eye on that seller, he usually relists them every so often.

I had them fitted at my local garage on Thursday 21st April for £30 all round (I know the owner very well).

I have a 2.0 D-4D with the RaceChip Pro: http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chiptuning/Toyota-Auris-2-0-D-4D-2007-2009-2965-r.htm

There is absolutely NO body roll. I have thrashed it as hard I as could and they stood their ground. The car sticks to the road.

You hear people constantly moaning about the Auris being too low to go over bumps that you cannot avoid (the ones that span the width of the entire road) and that you it is keep hitting the undercarriage as you exit the bump.

Let me give you some advice if this has put you of.... "slow down", I usually go to a snails pace when going over the really high ones and nothing happens.

Manchester has plenty of bumps such as:

DSCF0021amends%281%29.JPG

They are simple to tackle, just go over them with the wheels 'kissing' the sides.

The ones you need to worry about are the really tall ones:

4c4bc2a343418178cfa5056d898b.jpeg

Snails pace = win-win.

-------------------------------------------

I would HIGHLY recommend you buy the Springs I've linked in my post, you will not regret them, unless your the type of driver the doesn't slow down for any bumps and couldn't careless about scraping your car!

I will try and get pictures taken of the car with the springs installed, my SLR camera is faulty at the moment, so it will probably have to be taken with my N95 phone.

I swear when the front springs were taken off they were 10cm higher then the Toyota Motorsport ones I replaced them with.

The rear springs were the same height, HOWEVER the standard ones where stiff, they were really, really, really hard to compress.

You can now imagine why the back of an Auris looks high up from the wheel arches:

T_4548-.jpg

Whereas the rear Toyota Motorsport springs compressed alot more easier and once the car had been lower to ground level off the lift, the entire back side lowered as the weight of the car pushed on them and they are stiff, NO bounce whatsoever and I haven't the slightest clue by how much.

The best way I can described it is, you can just about fit your index finger and middle finger (joined together) through the gap of the arch at the top, where you fingers will pass over the top of the tyre (16" tyres in my case).

Whilst all this was happening, I didn't think for a second about taking pictures, now that I'm writing about it, I realise I should have, oh well!