Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Steve

Picked up EBC blank front and rear discs and EBC pads all round.. now to find time to actually fit them to the newly aquired Corolla :rolleyes:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karma Supra

• jw67

• Raistlin

• Parts-King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Changed the engine oil again today.Gone back to semi-synthetic 5w-30 as it's cheaper to top up with than the fully synthetic I put in at the start of the year(added at least 3 litres since changing it last time :crybaby: ).

• 1 month later...

Nothing, because it's raining.... so I'm stuck inside on the interwebs.

Thursday: fitted monkey wrench racing waterpump pulley and alternator pulley, front and rear energy suspension mounts and a hondata intake gasket

Friday: fitted apex lowering springs to my dads 140 celica

Today: my birthday: fitting pulleys, mounts and gaskets to my brothers car

Drove to the supermarket this morning. I wanted to wash the car but the rain won't go off! Although I did put the windows down when the rain went off for a while, and cleaned the green off the seam. Went to Tesco this afternoon to collect something from the Direct desk and got petrol. Took the mats into the house to vaccum them as its too wet to take the vacum outside so I couldn't even get to do under the mats etc.

It was obvious it was going to rain but a man across the street went out and started washing his car, all he got done was hose the wheels, then a couple of his friends came down the street and interupted him. After they went - the heavy rain started again - so he had to abandon washing his car.

On Wednesday I drove to the beach so the car got a nice outing that day!

Thursday: fitted monkey wrench racing waterpump pulley and alternator pulley, front and rear energy suspension mounts and a hondata intake gasket

Friday: fitted apex lowering springs to my dads 140 celica

Today: my birthday: fitting pulleys, mounts and gaskets to my brothers car

Lazy sod :P

Happy Birthday mate :happybday::cheers:

Drove down south on Saturday then back home again on Sunday. Long boring drive through the everlasting roadworks on the M1. Favourite (not) moment was having to cancel the cruise control because some nut roared past me then cut in when he realised he was in roadworks with a 50mph speed limit and slowed down to just over 40. I moved out to overtake him and, of course he sped up again. After deciding that it was probably a copper in an unmarked car on a fishing trip for speeding motorists, I tucked in (at a longer than usual distance) behind him.

Got close to home and was greeted by diversion signs which I foolishly followed. After a while I got fed up and did a (safe) U-turn on some gravel. Tried to get the rear end out but the Toyota was having none of it. Cars are no fun these days...

Gave the car a good clean inside and out and especially under the bonnet.The underside of the bonnet itself is now very polished and very shiny :yahoo:

Removed everything from the boot(carpet,tools,spare wheel etc)and completely cleaned and polished everything,boot floor,spare wheel and tyre,tools,the lot :wacko: .

I think I'm getting car cleaning ocd as everyday I've cleaned some part of the car and it wasn't that dirty to begin with :help:

Fitted new pads to the M3 and painted the calipers all round... collected the wheels from the refub place (they look !Removed! awesome) Still not actually fitted them yet! :yawn:

I did nothing to the Hilux as the CB radio DIN mount I have been waiting for for TWO WEEKS has still not arrived. :unsure:

Tomorrow I indend to clean and polish both... and paint the rear drums on the Hilux...

Lol, yes, I own a vehicle with drum brakes!

I removed the resonator box from the passenger side wing. 1kg of useless plastic no longer blocking the airway to the front brake!

• 2 weeks later...

Washed the car.

Then painted the top radiator mounts and some other metal bits and pieces that looked grubby under the bonnet(engine mounts etc).

Eventually painted them black but was thinking of painting them body colour.Maybe next time :unsure:

put petrol in my diesel emina then drove about 2 miles down the road before realising,got the petrol out and now the oil is pouring out the dipstick in need of some advice if any one can help please

You'll need to completely drain the tank and lines as best you can,renew the fuel filter and add fresh fuel.Then bleed the fuel filter and possibly open each fuel injector feed one by one (only very slightly "crack" the feed pipe open) until you get diesel and no air to the injector as someone cranks the engine.

Expect lotsa of cranking and smoking on start up but hopefully this will clear quickly and no long term damage has been done.

Don't know why oil is comingf out the dipstick tube though :unsure: .

If it is contaminated then drain oil and replace with fresh oil and filter.

Ordered lots of lovely stuff for it :D

Probably won't be fitted for JAE :(

put petrol in my diesel emina then drove about 2 miles down the road before realising,got the petrol out and now the oil is pouring out the dipstick in need of some advice if any one can help please

Is it blowing out of the dipstick tube or actually pouring out?

If it's blowing out when the engine's running you might have just glazed the piston rings allowing some blowby. That could pressurise the crankcase causing some oil to escape.

If it's pouring out, it might be sitting on top of some other fluids that shouldn't be in there with it. That really wouldn't be good.

Either way, I'd get it checked over by a trusty mechanic sooner rather than later.

Drove it on a 450 mile round trip to collect my new wheels!

Fitted my interior light delay unit :)

Adjusted throttle cable to remove excessive free play :)

Tryed to fix my non operational drivers heated door mirror.Might not be needed yet,but soon...Unfortunately after tracing wiring back to mirror it appears it's the mirror itself as there is power all the way from the switch to where the wiring goes into mirror so failed to fix :crybaby:

Added another litre of oil to the engine.Last litre lasted about 300 miles :crybaby: :censor:

I looked at it today.... nothing else other than looking :lol:

Fitted Roughtrax 2" suspension lift

Fitted Daystar 1.5" suspension lift.

Fitted Raguna 3 piece split rims with 33" BFGoodrige All terrains...

It looks mean!