Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ferrari Bodykit

Daron

I understand this is a Judas move to attempt putting this on the Mr2, but.......... I've seen a guy on here that has done it and wondered if he or anyone knows where the best place to buy it from and approx cost????

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paulydixon

• Yarisboy

• Dame

• Jimlad

not sure where to get it but i heard it costs 10K fitted

Yep, around 10K. THere was a link to a site where this had been done by a guy (real geek I'm afraid!!) and he sort of documented the process. Cannot remember the link though. Do a forum search, you may find it.....

mr2 :lol: ferrari :lol: max :lol::lol::lol::lol: muppet......

don't be a muppet, for that price you could go for a classy jap bodykit and be really unique rather than have everyone thinking your in the same league as a bmw driver :lol::lol::lol:

Lol. I should have said, Ryan hates the 355 bodykit. I agree, the 2 looks lovely already, and the kit messes up the handling.....

Handling schamadling. Some of us bought our '2s' to race, others to pose. Who cares? Personally i like the kit, if done properly it does look the mutts nuts. Besides, im sure the back managers amungst us will be glad that its never gonna depreciated like our '2s' do. Then theres cheaper insurance etc and all the rest of the rubbish, but at the end of the day its not stock ad its gonna turn heads, isn't that what we're all after?

I think if this kit is done well & i mean reell it looks alwight - I saw a yellow one and it had me gessing for about 15min of wether it was or wasn't real.

I evently said it wasn't for a couple of reasons - the vent in the bonnet, you could see has a ripperly edge the wheels looked to small and the interiour kinda gave the game away.

R

TBH even if it's done well it is still a fake, and personally I just think that's a little bit sad.....

Not being funny, but what's wrong with a standard looking MR2? It's beautiful car in it's own right.

For the price of a 10k bodykit you could get to work on the engine and be well on your way to something that can actually out perform a Fezza.

To me a Ferrari bodykit isn't just some other body kit - It's a way of pretending you have money you don't have, and thus pretending you're somebody you're not. And it's also not that difficult to tell a 355 and an MR2 apart - You'd feel like a prat if somebody noticed and decide to have a word.

each to their own dudes, i do love the look of some of the ferrari bodykits people have done but id never do it to my own cos im happy with it n id spend £10k on summin else like engine tuning. Anwyay if the guy wants a ferrari bodykit then good luck with it! im sure it'll be well well worth it after all the efforts been put into it making it just right, end of the day hes doing it for himself n what anyone else thinks is irrelavant to him! Good luck to you dude if u decide to do it,as i said not my cup of tea but if you get it done properly then im sure you'll love it once its all done :thumbsup: (p.s. dont forget the before and after pics :P )

Actually, you do have a point there, everyone has their own tastes, and everyone should be tolerant of each other. Good luck with the Kit mate, above all just have fun doing it!!

Actually, you do have a point there, everyone has their own tastes, and everyone should be tolerant of each other. Good luck with the Kit mate, above all just have fun doing it!!

no accounting for bad taste as the saying goes.....

anyone here rmember the yellow muppet, i mean ferrari kitted 2 at last years jae :)

as for tolerant, just view my opinions freely :)

I know. But if he enjoys fitting the kit and everything then good luck to him.

Do you remember the muppet on that site link, I think you posted it, with the progress of fitting the kit etc? He was a sad little chap, who looked like he had no friends at all......ever apart from his right hand!!

But I'm sure he was an isolated example.

Lol! No you have more hair!!

a quick memory from jae last year, he tried to put it on the toc stand but it was refused entry :)

it had to park with the loc cars instead :)

he tried to put it on the toc stand but it was refused entry 

it had to park with the loc cars instead 

tut, woe is him!

Do u really think he's bothered? Afterall, who's the one driving a fully tricked MR2 worth more than any of the others? I think they're great, shows skill and determination to whoever designed the kit.

Handling schamadling. Some of us bought our '2s' to race, others to pose. Who cares? Personally i like the kit, if done properly it does look the mutts nuts. Besides, im sure the back managers amungst us will be glad that its never gonna depreciated like our '2s' do. Then theres cheaper insurance etc and all the rest of the rubbish, but at the end of the day its not stock ad its gonna turn heads, isn't that what we're all after?

The standard MR2 turns heads tho...

This topic grates on me everytime it turns up..lol.

You buy the MR2 for its very sexy jappy design, why remove it and turn it into something it was never meant to be?

People telling you that your Ferrari is great when its not even that.

BE PROUD OF THE TWO!

I am!

Rant over. LOL

Jappybeast, you're right, there is always some heated debate when this one raises its head, seems to come up every six months :)

they do look sexy tho'.

the real giveaway is the position of the lights - on the 355 they are right up to the gront of the car. some peeps have done a cut and shut and moved them - thus making it look more the part.

the main problem is (bear in mind i was interested in this kit a year ago until u all put me off :D ) that say u have a £5 grand tubby or n/a, then u spend around £15 to get a good kit, fitted perfectly and a wicked respray. - £20 GRAND!!!!!

for £35 grand u can get a 2nd hand 355 anyway, and for £25 u can get a 1988 ferrari testarossa!

now let me see,.................

I was under the impression a used F355 costs about 50k?

Mind you, probably not when I have seen 360 Modenas going for 60k used!

you would be looking at a classic ferrari not a 355 for the same price range as a 2 with a cr ap kit, oops ferrari kit !!

I've seen 1990 Ferrari 348s (left hookers) going for as little as 19k......as for 355 you'd be looking at 50k.....any thing less and it'll be seriously dodgy..

Yep, 355's secondhand, definately around the 50K (I know cos I've looked at them many times on the net). Maybe one day.......:)