Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ferrari Bodykit

Daron

Currently trying to persuade the wife to let me remortgage the house for one........wot do you reckon to my chances ????

Althougth for 50k I'd rather have a Diablo.....maybe she'll go for that ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paulydixon

• Yarisboy

• Dame

• Jimlad

If anything like my other half - absolute zero. She does have a point - the costs don't start with the initial purchase...... and it's a rich man's car and TBH I wouldn't even consider it unless I earnt 100K +

Hi,

Wouldnt you feel a fool going down the road in something that looks like a ferrari but sounds like a 4 cylinder.

Youll never get a inline 4 sounding like a V8 3.5litre engine.

and performance wise, well and NA will just be stupid, and a turbo would be great but still no way as quick.

Lastly pull up next to a real ferrari, and see whos laughing!

So many giveaways, its just an embarassment imho!

All the best

TJ

It's alot of fun though. I have one because of a work promotions with a accessory company - makes me money - I'm happy. :P

I drove a real Ferrari 355 round Silverstone this weekend and to be honest it is a great car, but not as quick as you would expect as I have been in quicker JAP cars. B)

I bet there are a few turned up MR2 turbo's on this site which could give a real F355 a run for it's money. At the end of the day its down to the driver.

:fishyface:

Race someone who can drive their 355 properly and I think you will be surprised. They can beat MR2's anyway.

Maybe you should come with me to a Ferrari track day and compare.

Anyway, I don't like Ferrari kits, but don't mind people putting them on.

Most of us like to customise our cars in some way and remember each person is different.

Maybe I should spray my MR2 pink (thinking about it, I could just buy one with faded paint...lol)

Don't be so sure, a fully tuned up MR2 Turbo can definately give out some excellent performance figures compared to a standard 355. :lol:

put it against a tuned F355 and there is no contest, leaving the MR2 in the rear view.

The 355 is quicker than you think.

I think the bog standard 355 matches a subaru P1 for 0-60, which is a fair amount quicker than an MR2 tubby.

Have you experienced both properly?

Of course...but your talking of a tuned 355. I was trying to get across that it wasn't impossible to think that a tuned up MR2 would be faster than a F355.

If a modified EVO or SCOOBY can, why can't an MR2 Turbo? :!Removed!:

I'd fancy my chances in a 400bhp MR2 turbo against a 355, for sure.

I'm thinking about turning my car into a supercar muncher. I know it can be done, but ultimately the money might be better off being put towards a real 456 or something...

Then again I don't want to make a drag racer - I want a car that would be useable on a track.

saw a very nice modded 355 on the M25 last night, black, big GT wing, and sounded like a thunderstorm.. :drool:

And it brought this thread into mind.....

The one big difference is, an MR2 is narrow, the 355 is flat and wide, so a kitted MR2 next to a 355 would look silly (like a mini-version)...

If I was offered 2 cars,

one being an MR2 capable of 0-60 in 3 secs

the other being a 355

I would go for the Ferrari, no contest. The MR2 is just a car, the Ferrari is so much more.

And I feel embarrased when I have to park my car with Ferraris and thats not even kitted.

I agree the F355 is just a fanastic car! and sounds amazing!

I real exciting drive :drool:

well, well...

advice i asked not opinion......

the fact that there is a kit available to transform an mr2 to look like a ferrari is an excellant concept, and in the process if done correctly and professionally can improve resale value. The fact that you can associate putting a bodykit on a car with trying to change the perception people have on you is a bit rich.... there is a whole market to help people look and feel better, not just cars......clothes, home improvements, hair dye... the list goes on

I own an mr2 turbo, and frankly the stardard look is dated.......

A 355 is not exactly new either, mind you.

Changing a car to look like another car is not improvement. It's copying. The automotive equivalent of having enough plastic surgery done to make oneself look like Brad Pitt, but still not having his bank balance.

Quite frankly I have no idea why people would feel ashamed parking their MR2 next to a Ferrari - I do so on a regular basis (usually a 355, strangely enough) and despite not having the Badge, my car still looks pretty damn good. It might not look like pure art á la Modena stylie, but it certainly still looks impressive and I can honestly say that my car turns more than enough heads.

At the end of the day, not everybody has a deep enough wallet to be able to own Ferrari. That's a fact of life - Nothing to be embarassed about. The MR2 is a !Removed! good car to drive, end of story - It might not be so good to pose in, but in my opinion if you buy a car purely on the basis of posing then you probably don't deserve one in the first place. :thumbsup:

I can't really understand the want/need to make an inexpensive japanese car look like an italian supercar ?

I suppose it's the ultimate attention seekers car on a budget though :lol:

Come on though, you might fool the general public but anyone with half an ounce of knowledge knows that it's not real!

Especially (as mentioned) when it rolls down the high street without the v8 growl!

and when it's not parked infront of a massive house!

if you wanted to go the whole hog then you'd have to drive your fake ferrari, wearing your fake gucci suit, with your fake dolce&gabana shades, and your paid blonde barbi girlfriend :lol:

IMO......When pulling up next to a Ferrari at a set of lights, I laugh at them!! For they are 50+ years old....I am 23. I would rather be 23 and have a gorgeous MR2 Turbo than 50 with a Ferrari...I bet when he was 23 he didn't have the car I have. :yes:

You know it makes sense!

Quite a few young people have Ferraris (I even know a few).

The age range of owners is very broad.

My love of Ferraris far exceeds my love of MR2's, they are just not in my budget yet.

I like all these different opinions though.

A Ferrari 355 as fast as a P1? Brilliant..cos P1s are pants..heavy...dissapointing response..Prodrive spin imo. 22B is the best scoob ive driven.

And why on earth are people comparing a £100,000+ car to a 24k MR2 Turbo..jesus..cmon! <_<

Does any1 here know how much it costs for basic maintainance on a 355 per year? Well if you do, put that yearly cost into a Tubby itll beat a 355 and probably anything else on the road :D.

And if someone wants to make a 355 replica out of thier mr2 then good on them. People on this board should not be so heavy handed with thier words regarding this form of styling. Need4Speed got so much cr@p a while back over this and im very very suprised he is still on this board after the hammering he took for owning a 355 replica.

Yep.

Oh, and I agree about the 22B.

That is a car that I would very much like to own...

But I'd still take an= Mk2 MR2 turbo (with subtly revised suspension), given the choice.

Arrr...but scoobarus still have the flawed bottom end design on their boxer lumps...I think there is only a handful of examples near 500bhp worldwide. Give me an S15 or evo5 anyday!

To me a ferrari is just a Badge and a bunch of racing heritage..oh wonderful. For the money...there are so much more better cars out there you could work on. Dont believe the hype.

I think the ferrari Badge means slightly more than that somehow :rolleyes:

Let's face it, people with £100k+ to spend on their car are probably not totally consumed by performance... it's more to do with image, and what an image ferrari delivers. :yes:

And to be ruthlessly honest..... how many people would lose sleep if they pulled up to an mr2 turbo that was a tiny bit faster than their ferrari? :D

since we r on the topic of ferrari's and two's.. haha.. i might as well tell a story... hmm.. i was driving alonf when i saw a 360 spider pull near me... haha.. so i decided to provoke him.. i was all blowing off at him.. then the moment traffic cleared... a big old thunderstorm zoomed by meeh.. hehe.. i knew i couldnt catch him.. but it is funny that i made him feel insecure.. haha.. kno whut i mean?? :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links