Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heavy Battery Usage

thanks from me!

Hello all out there, just to post a question if any one with an 2005 1.8vvti has had problem with Battery usage being a problem, on third Battery in 6 years. not much of a complaint but just other cars i have owned, Battery lasted much longer. Just wondered if its a known problem or just me...

Worn starter motors eat batteries. I went through 3 in 1 year but was lucky the Battery warranty covered it until the starter was replaced. A trip to an auto electrician with a good reputation could sort it and save you lots in the long run. Unfortunately these chaps are getting harder to find and Toyota technicians just aren't as good as a time served auto electrician. Or you could try buying a Battery with a 5 year guarantee. It will cost you more initially but you could get free replacements.

are u buying cheap batteries?

The other two where toyotas own make, my newest is a Bosch, well see how long it lasts. Not had any trouble other than 2 year Battery life, so i should'nt grumble i guess.

Worn starter motors eat batteries. I went through 3 in 1 year but was lucky the battery warranty covered it until the starter was replaced. A trip to an auto electrician with a good reputation could sort it and save you lots in the long run. Unfortunately these chaps are getting harder to find and Toyota technicians just aren't as good as a time served auto electrician. Or you could try buying a battery with a 5 year guarantee. It will cost you more initially but you could get free replacements.

Thanks i bare that in mind...got a 3yr warranty on this one so i see how it goes. just strange that the Battery doesnt last as long as other cars i have had. Its not that i even do short journeys, each day to work is over 100 miles so gets plenty of charge, and i had alternater checked and all ok.

It could be a bad earth thats draining you batteries, hard to locate but a good garage would find the fault.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links