Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Me Car Is Bust!

Daron

It doesnt start now, when i turn the ignition it does the old "du, du, du" noise but wont start, it broke down last monday and im very lazy and wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Pleeeeease dont be expensive.....

Well it could be:

Leads,

Plugs,

Distributer Cap

Rotor Arm

ECU

ECU Fuse

Those are what I can think of right now. Others will probably have more ideas than this.

Lol, I think that is at the more extreme end of possibilities - but.... it is possible.

Petrol in the car, now there's a point......

sounds like Battery or starter motor try jump leads and mabe tap the motor lightly with a hammer

Sounds like the engine is turning over though...... uless it's just going clunk.... in whichcase probably the Battery.

Sounds like a firing problem...

Like said above... look at leads, dizzy cap, arm...etc.

If you are lazy then,

1. Sit on sofa.

2. Reach for Sky remote.

3. Turn on Sky.

4. Watch Sky.

5. Leave car.

It doesnt start now, when i turn the ignition it does the old "du, du, du" noise but wont start

Alternator or Battery would be my FIRST guess BUT

"it broke down last monday"

What EXACTLY happened??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

well there is petrol in the little fella, had only just filled it up the day before..

I was driving along quite happy doing about 50mph in 5th when it just started spluttering as if i was in too higher gear, pressed throttle and nothing was happening, car just slowly came to a holt!!!

it did start soon after it got back home and the following nights, but ****ty shifts at work have prevented me getting it to a garage (arranging a tow). When i started the engine it just ran very badly and any kind of accelerator action made the engine block move erraticly, since then shes given up and now does nothing...

bring on thurs & fri DAY OFF wo-hoo!!!

Is the alternator seized? I only ask, because exactly this has happened to my two MR2's in the space of a couple of weeks. Common problem apparently. Take a look see if it is turning.

well there is petrol in the little fella, had only just filled it up the day before..

Filled with diesel ? :beer:

Sounds like one or more of the plugs could be missfiring...... since the engine relies on firing in a specific order in so that it remains balanced.....

diesel.....hmmmm, i might not be the most mechanically minded person on here, but i know the difference between fuel

Problems with the AFM? I've read some articles that suggest that this can cause lumpy idling.

ahh this old chestnut. I had the EXACT same problem last Xmas:

Car running fine

Car misfires

Car bucks

Car dies

Change following :

Sparks : up to £20 quid anywhere

Dizzy : £35 Mr T

Rotor arm £7.99 Mr T

Maybe HT leads but id change the ones above b4 you do that...they are quite pricey at 80 odd quid.

And you can even fit em all yourself as it is a peice of pish wahay!

Even if the above doesnt end up solving the problem you should change em anyway if you havent done so already since buying the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links