Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cover Panel Clips

BigSMan

Hi I have a 2007 Toyota Avensis. I recently had my car serviced but I was told I would need to replace the clips that cover the Battery and the area where the headlights are. I have looked at the forums and online but can't find any specific details. What are the dimensions of these clips? I am going to buy it from eBay but I dont know about the hole size etc... Also there isn't a Haynes Manual that I can buy either eek.

Any help would be great or links direct to what I need.

Many Thanks

Hi I have a 2007 Toyota Avensis. I recently had my car serviced but I was told I would need to replace the clips that cover the battery and the area where the headlights are. I have looked at the forums and online but can't find any specific details. What are the dimensions of these clips? I am going to buy it from eBay but I dont know about the hole size etc... Also there isn't a Haynes Manual that I can buy either eek.

Many Thanks

Why do you need to change the clips first of all?

Even if there are no clips, these plastic sheets will stay there.

But if you want to buy these then have a look at this topic.

Clips

Cheers.

Hi I have a 2007 Toyota Avensis. I recently had my car serviced but I was told I would need to replace the clips that cover the battery and the area where the headlights are. I have looked at the forums and online but can't find any specific details. What are the dimensions of these clips? I am going to buy it from eBay but I dont know about the hole size etc... Also there isn't a Haynes Manual that I can buy either eek.

Many Thanks

Clips

Cheers.

Hey thanks for the reply. I need to change the clips because the garage I took it to broke them and the cover vibrates which is clearly heard. I just want to clip them back in with the new clips to eradicate the noise. They took the cover off so they could adjust the headlights as it failed the MOT.

Many Thanks

Clips

Cheers.

Hey thanks for the reply. I need to change the clips because the garage I took it to broke them and the cover vibrates which is clearly heard. I just want to clip them back in with the new clips to eradicate the noise. They took the cover off so they could adjust the headlights as it failed the MOT.

whichever you buy, also let me know. Mine are missing too...never thought to replace them.

Cheers.

Many Thanks

Clips

Cheers.

whichever you buy, also let me know. Mine are missing too...never thought to replace them.

Cheers.

Hopefully this will make it more clear

post-102377-0-83630900-1302629319_thumb.

Why not buy them at Mr-T? I did a month ago, and they weren't to expensive.

Many Thanks

If the garage broke them they are legally responsible for obtaining and replacing them as clearly they were careless in removing them. I had a similar problem with a garage losing two dome headed nuts. They didn't want to buy new ones as they have a minumun order of ten. A threat of official complaint and hey presto I got new nuts fitted and four spare.

Fitter

I purchased my clips from Mr T, and a few spare because they break easily, I had to order them, I do not understand why the dealers do not keep a stock of a consumable item like these, they are very cheap.

I purchased my clips from Mr T, and a few spare because they break easily, I had to order them, I do not understand why the dealers do not keep a stock of a consumable item like these, they are very cheap.

have you got a direct link so i know which specific one i need :)

have you got a direct link so i know which specific one i need :)

If you know which one are they, kindly post the link here.

I don't know the part number, the service guy looked it up, the part numbers do not appear to be listed in the Workshop Manual

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I recently bought some clips for my Avensis. I measured the hole (7mm) and went from there.

I ended up buying THESE.

I know they say they're Merc clips, but I went by the hole diameter and they worked a treat, so I can definately recommend the guy I got them from. And at only a fiver for 25 clips inc. p&p, I think thats a bargain!

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Go and have a look at this webshop:

http://stores.ebay.com/Page-Auto-Supply?afsrc=1

Like I said before, if they don't have the clip you're after, they don't exist. :thumbsup:

they don't have them, and they do exist cause i've seen them on my car :unsure:

Maybe they sell enhanced, or similar clips because the originals break easily.

What's important is the diameter and the stem length of the clips.

Click on any of the pictures on the "Push type" retainers and the details are all there.

Surely, out of 351 Push type retainers on that site there will be one that comes close.

If not, post a picture here of your clip...

Guys, I recently bought some clips for my Avensis. I measured the hole (7mm) and went from there.

I ended up buying THESE.

I know they say they're Merc clips, but I went by the hole diameter and they worked a treat, so I can definately recommend the guy I got them from. And at only a fiver for 20 clips I think thats a bargain!

Thanks for the link. Going to order these. :thumbsup:

I ended up buying THESE.

I know they say they're Merc clips, but I went by the hole diameter and they worked a treat, so I can definately recommend the guy I got them from. And at only a fiver for 20 clips I think thats a bargain!

Thanks for the link. Going to order these. :thumbsup:

No probs!

The eBay site Thermal mentions does now have the Toyota clips in stock, but the price for shipping them in from the States makes them very expensive!

I bought 6 of these clips from toyota in Tamworth and the robbing gits charged me £1.44 each. I would have told them to stuff them where the sun dont shine but I was getting ****** off with the rattle.