Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Staining On Body From Rear Window

DavidAygo

I have a silver 3dr Aygo and after it rains water that passes around the edge of the window will run down the rear panel (exiting in about in the middle of the window) and run downwards. Thus staining the car. It all comes off again after a wash but does not look good after it has rained!

Any one else experience this?

Yes its hard to get the soap from round the window, thats what I have found, it needs a good hose off around the seals , but even so there is sometimes a bit of a water mark, still another excuse to clean the car!

If this REALLY bothers you, you could drill a small hole in the horizontal bit of rear bumper just under the window/seal.

It's plastic, so won't rust and everything behind the bumer is subject to the wheather anyways, as there are no

inner wheelguards on the rear: everything the rear wheels whip up gets thrown around in the rear bumper...

It runs downwards from the rear (side) windows. It is annoying, but I am not drilling a hole in my car! Thanks for the replies.

Ah, didn't get it was the side windows from the first post. Drilling there would not be good :P

I've found that every car I have owned, including the current two, retain water somewhere when you have washed them.... Under the door mirrors, behind the numberplates, around the front grill.... Just bend down and give them a good blow, like you were the big bad wolf trying to blow the little pigs house down!!! Gets most of it out, but I agree it is very annoying.

It runs downwards from the rear (side) windows. It is annoying, but I am not drilling a hole in my car! Thanks for the replies.

Of course, another option is this....

199826300_8851da658e.jpg

Problem solved ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links