Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Virus/trojan?

Lupidog

Was browsing this forum (windows7 64 bit, iexplorer10) with no other tabs open and my browser got hijacked and taken to the webpage in the screenshot below. I didn't click on anything, I was simply reading a post. Be warned this is 4 times now in 2 weeks and only from the toyotaownersclub forum.

pageattack.jpg

This is a common scam, and not always associated with specific websites.

Read the article by Fred Langa who explains how this scam works. Basically it tries to scare you into believing your computer is infected and hopes that eventually it will persuade you to part with your credit card information.

http://windowssecrets.com/2011/04/07/01-LizaMoon-infection-a-blow-by-blow-account

Another similar scam that happened to one of my mates was a phone call from a lady supposedly from Microsoft, saying that there are errors on your PC. They eventually get your card information from you.

Within 5 minutes he had given his credit card, and when he checked with the Halifax, he had lost £250.

Lesson to EVERYONE - never ever give your card information to anyone or on a website that tries to tell you that your computer is infected.

If in doubt - simply PULL THE PLUG on the PC - or hang up the phone.

Phil..

I only EVER get this on this website....and my Avast anti-virus also picks up a Trojan from the link.

I only EVER get this on this website....and my Avast anti-virus also picks up a Trojan from the link.

Cure....avoid this website.....?

Big Kev :yahoo::lol:

A very similar thing happened to me whilst reading a thread on Saturday

464337212_o.jpg

A very similar thing happened to me whilst reading a thread on Saturday

464337212_o.jpg

So your AVG anti-virus programme stopped "Exploit Rogue Scanner", eh....?

Kicked it right up the ERS.....these are all copyright, ye know.

Big Kev :lol:

There are a few rogue scanners round here :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Speaking of which and trying to bring this thread into the realms of a RAV4 ( :lol: ) I was googling the price of a new petrol tank for one of my RAVs and found two USA sources selling new tanks at $160 .... compared to the UK price of £321 after discounts !! :eek: :eek: :eek: Anybody visiting the USA soon ???

Tank $160

Carriage $160

Import duty and VAT $160

Just order one B_B and save $$$ :lol:

PK - don't be selfish...... you could bring one home the next time your in the states (not a state - subtle difference :lol: )

"Honest - its for personal use....and it only weighs 15kgs" = no carriage as yer there anyway and no customs as its a gift for a lonely soul.....

or I could bribe-emify BigKev to do the necessaary and remove his tank for a worthy cause..... me !

I can just see me walking to the plane with a RAV tank slipped down my Y fronts :naughty:

Brings a whole new meaning to "Tank !Removed!" :lol:

I can just see me walking to the plane with a RAV tank slipped down my Y fronts :naughty:

Brings a whole new meaning to "Tank slapper" :lol:

Ummm - is that not why you have 2 stars ??? :lol: :lol:

If I could juggle and whistle dixie my talents would be unlimited and probably get the 5 start treatment :rolleyes:

If I could juggle and whistle dixie my talents would be unlimited and probably get the 5 start treatment :rolleyes:

I once smuggled in a steering wheel down my underpants, It was driving me nuts!!! :shutit: Sorry old Peter Kaye joke :thumbsup: Stew

Back on topic, my wife has only had an email address for a month and has had bogus letters fron Barclays, santander, and Nat west asking for her bank detais, one of them finished by saying, If she could supply her bank details it would be very beautiful :o Stew

I once smuggled in a steering wheel down my underpants, It was driving me nuts!!! :!Removed!: Sorry old Peter Kaye joke :thumbsup: Stew

Back on topic, my wife has only had an email address for a month and has had bogus letters fron Barclays, santander, and Nat west asking for her bank detais, one of them finished by saying, If she could supply her bank details it would be very beautiful :o Stew

they can find e-mail addresses easily enough, wait till u put your post code on something.............u can find ANYTHING if u have the correct p/code!

I once smuggled in a steering wheel down my underpants, It was driving me nuts!!! :shutit: Sorry old Peter Kaye joke :thumbsup: Stew

they can find e-mail addresses easily enough, wait till u put your post code on something.............u can find ANYTHING if u have the correct p/code!

WHAT ! :eek: :eek: Even Oban ??

I once smuggled in a steering wheel down my underpants, It was driving me nuts!!! :!Removed!: Sorry old Peter Kaye joke :thumbsup: Stew

WHAT ! :eek: :eek: Even Oban ??

Aye Bothy , even spare hinges for ma rav! :yes:

Bought a £5 tub of grease which did all the hinges on one o wur Ford Transit dropsides..... hinges front, back and sides. It must cost you a fortune in grease doing all yours ! :shutit:

As far as trojans go, I know I had a trojan thingy on my main computer which I found when I upgraded to Windows 7 and changed the hardware a bit. As a result I dumped McAfee as not having caught said trojan which appears to be rather more common than I thought, so switched to another well known free auntie-virus programme. All Very Good.

Bought a £5 tub of grease which did all the hinges on one o wur Ford Transit dropsides..... hinges front, back and sides. It must cost you a fortune in grease doing all yours ! :!Removed!:

As far as trojans go, I know I had a trojan thingy on my main computer which I found when I upgraded to Windows 7 and changed the hardware a bit. As a result I dumped McAfee as not having caught said trojan which appears to be rather more common than I thought, so switched to another well known free auntie-virus programme. All Very Good.

Nope! just a wee squirt o' wd40!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links