Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Accessories

Chris Dance

Went out with our new Prius yesterday. I saw two incidents of people banging their car door against other folks cars.

Our previous Gen 2 had side protection mouldings.

I rang the dealer this morning and they have ordered the mouldings for our Gen 3 and they will be fitted this week. I wish I had it done with the initial order. I think the protection mouldings are essential these days. Some people do not care about other folks property. I am told the mouldings come in black and I notice Jan & Tone's car looks good with black mouldings. So that is what we are having. Inclusive price £118 well worth it in my opinion.

Couldnt agree more Chris. 120 quid is much easier to find than a respray or dent removal!

What I'd really like to know from the ******s that bang other peoples car sides is whether they treat their own property like that...

It really needs some private prosecutions, well publicised, to slow this act down...

Good idea but unfortunately they may not do all you would hope. The shape of the Prius door profile means that most of the 'hits' will be high on the door and nowhere near the door protection strips.

Good idea but unfortunately they may not do all you would hope. The shape of the Prius door profile means that most of the 'hits' will be high on the door and nowhere near the door protection strips.

Only if you are unfortunate enough to have a 4x4 or a van park next to you. We have tried ours against my sons Saab, and my bro in laws Yaris. The side strip is just in the right place :thumbsup:

I do not think the protection mouldings will prevent damage from super market trolleys and 4x4s but even some protection is better than none. They certainly helped on our gen 2 Prius. I notice on a lot of cars they are fitted as standard. In the report to Toyota about buying a new car I mentioned this.

Can't get them at all on the Auris. Bummer.

At one time 'sunday morning' accessory shops used to sell self adhesive strips, don't know whether they still do or what they are like, but as chris says, anything is better than nothing and it's got to be worth a look!

At one time 'sunday morning' accessory shops used to sell self adhesive strips, don't know whether they still do or what they are like, but as chris says, anything is better than nothing and it's got to be worth a look!

You can buy them on eBay, in cut lengths and door edging strip on a roll. I once got some corner protection strips from poundland.

See:these

Magnetic, so you can adjust them to whatever height you like.

You can buy them on eBay, in cut lengths and door edging strip on a roll. I once got some corner protection strips from poundland.

See:these

Magnetic, so you can adjust them to whatever height you like.

Look good to me.... No doubt for a 4 door you would have to trim the front of the rear door fittings so they didnt scrape against the trailing edge of the front doors... But better than nothing and inexpensive too!!

Just park as far away as possible from everyone else in supermarket carparks. That's an even better protection against car door/shopping trolley damage, costs nothing, and is good exercise!

And do the same in multi storey car parks. Go as high as possible to find a level with loads of spaces then try and find one of those single spaces between concrete pillars. The farther from other cars you park, the better off your car will be over the years of ownership.

Lol, there will be so many of us doing that, that the far away spaces will all be full!!! :yahoo:

You can! Mine came from the dealers with them fitted. Granted by accident though - I had asked for the chrome door sills, but the dealer misunderstood me and fitted the side protection strips instead. In the end it hasn't bothered me - it looks good and gives some protection in the supermarket!

Just park as far away as possible from everyone else in supermarket carparks. That's an even better protection against car door/shopping trolley damage, costs nothing, and is good exercise!

Haven't you ever noticed that when you do this, somebody always comes and parks right next to you in an otherwise empty car park. :o

I always try and find an end space, 50% less chance of a door ding, and never park in a tight space or next to a van, 4x4, car with a child seat, old banger or newer car with frayed door edges or kerbed wheels and try to stay for as short a time as possible.

As you can imagine I'm very limited as to where I can park, but I usually go early to increase my chances of finding a golden spot. LOL :D

Haven't you ever noticed that when you do this, somebody always comes and parks right next to you in an otherwise empty car park. :o

YES! :ffs: Why DO they do that?

If I cannot find a really good space I just look for a really well looked after car, Park next to that and hope I get back to my car before they do so some numpty doesn't fill the void they leave behind when they go.

Had the protection mouldings fitted today. The car looks good and I am happy the car doors have some protection. It is definitely not a DIY job. It took under an hour and the dealer service was first class. I ordered the mouldings Monday and today Wednesday job done. The car was valeted as well even though it did not need it. I wonder how they get the mouldings so accurately aligned.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links