Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Universal Exhaust Or Back Box

corollat3sport

hey guys, i want to get a unversal back box for my 1.4 corolla e12 but i dont know what size i need to get

for example inlet size for the pipe that will attach onto the back box 1.75", 2.00", 2.25" or something?

will any unversal back box fit on as i have seen some on eBay jap style :D

thanks in advance guys! :thumbsup:

ive seen them too. £50 is not bad is it? lol i messaged them and they charge £50 for fitting too and then whatever pipes and such to make it fit. so its a custom job really. you might be better off going to somewhere local. unless you get thier backbox and get an exhaust shop to fit it locally.

just out of interest, where abouts in the midlands you from? i used to live in swadlincote.

ive seen them too. £50 is not bad is it? lol i messaged them and they charge £50 for fitting too and then whatever pipes and such to make it fit. so its a custom job really. you might be better off going to somewhere local. unless you get thier backbox and get an exhaust shop to fit it locally.

just out of interest, where abouts in the midlands you from? i used to live in swadlincote.

yh lol, there are many on eBay, is 4 inch diameter too over the top?

£50 aint bad for fitting n everything but still going to look for a local fitter to see if i can get a cheaper quote

im from west midlands coventry lol

cheers man!

I dunno, 3.5 is as big as i would go. nice. 4 does seem a little big but on a pre face lift would prob be acceptable. Cus the rear has enough space. I think its a bit big for the rest of your car with its subtle styling.

but jap style is defo on the right track. slash cut or straight? I think I'm gonna go for 3.5 slash hehe. what else you got planned man?

We went to R-Tec for the CTS and got a universal back box, top job and we love it!!!

KP

made mine up myself, cost about 50 quid to do :thumbsup: i think the oe diameter is 2.25 ( t sport anyways ) so i welded on a 2.5 " link pipe to the back box i had because it was the same size as the oe part, chopped off the oe box, measured it up and welded some hangers on and job done lol best £50 i spent much better sound

I dunno, 3.5 is as big as i would go. nice. 4 does seem a little big but on a pre face lift would prob be acceptable. Cus the rear has enough space. I think its a bit big for the rest of your car with its subtle styling.

but jap style is defo on the right track. slash cut or straight? I think I'm gonna go for 3.5 slash hehe. what else you got planned man?

yeah 4 does seem over the top for me so i guess i will be going no bigger than 3.5 and if i can find a slach cut one then even better aha

if it aint jap then its crap lol

other plans are wind deflectors which are on the way and some stickers on the rear windows :D....for now lol

We went to R-Tec for the CTS and got a universal back box, top job and we love it!!!

KP

WOW! that sounds awesome, how much! how much! lol

made mine up myself, cost about 50 quid to do :thumbsup: i think the oe diameter is 2.25 ( t sport anyways ) so i welded on a 2.5 " link pipe to the back box i had because it was the same size as the oe part, chopped off the oe box, measured it up and welded some hangers on and job done lol best £50 i spent much better sound

Hmmm i dont think im ready for a DIY job lol....not too confident but do you know the diameter size of the 1.4?

cheers guys for the response :thumbsup:

KP

Amazing sound indeed my friend! Raw japan style sound! :thumbsup:

I installed just a TS back box but combined with taking off the pro-catalyst (1.4 and 1.6 versions have 2 catalysts) plus the fact that the engine has been "transformed" to 1zzfe, you get the following result (click on the photo to see the video):

th_corollaexhaustsound.jpg

Not as good as yours though... :D

That's lovely! :thumbsup: Not quite so ASBO as ours is :lol:

Yeh ours sounds bloody crazy through the tunnels! :thumbsup:

KP

Yeh ours sounds !Removed! crazy through the tunnels!

:yes::drool::yes:

as for the exhaust size on the 1.4 i think its 2" all the same 1.4,1.6 and d4d think its just the t sport thats 2.25", do you have a vernier gauge?

I would recommend to do a bit of research before getting going with a hacksaw. In many cases a naturally aspirated motor will actually lose power if to much back pressure is lost. Especially small displacement motors. High performance exhausts are normally test flowed and tuned for a particular engine characteristic.

I've worked on vehicles in the past that have run rough after the fitment of a free flowing exhaust.

lol they used to be on canvey island many years ago lol and were good then. i used to live in the middle of canvey and rayleigh thats how i know about them

Seriously, just putting my 2 cents worth in but 4 inch seems a bit excessive and IMO if you go to loud it's just going to end up being a bit "barry".

As I said though just my opinion.

thanks for the links and response guys, i wont go any bigger than 3.5 inch really, would look too over the top

essexracing has some real nice boxes so might be the route that im going to take

thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links