Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cant Open Bonnet - Please Help!

TSPORDIMSTER

OK with my car been sat on the driveway since the new year, I thought I'd have a check under the bonnet & found that the bonnet release isn't working!

My Battery is dead also so not sure if it uses power to open bonnet or just a cable?

Is there anyway to get around this to open the bonnet? :help:

It's a cable!

Get someone to help you. One of you pull the lever, the other, go to the bonnet and whilst the lever is pulled, bang your hand down firmly on the front of the bonnet in the centre several times quite quickly. if it is a bit sticky, this usually releases the bonnet. Of course the cable might be broken, OR the lever where the cable connects might have snapped off, either way, if plan A does not work, try and pull the cable manually with a pair of pliers from the lever end see what happens. it usually pops up with a firm blow with your hand (ooh err missus) :naughty:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hey,

What happens when you pull the release lever in the cabin, does it move or is it jammed ?

Could try working the release lever while some one carefully applies up and down pressure to the bonnet around the catch area to try and free it off.

Might be possible, ? , to access the catch from under the car and / or to spray some wd40 onto it....

If not, perhaps some reformed character might tell you how to pop it...

It's a cable!

Get someone to help you. One of you pull the lever, the other, go to the bonnet and whilst the lever is pulled, bang your hand down firmly on the front of the bonnet in the centre several times quite quickly. if it is a bit sticky, this usually releases the bonnet. Of course the cable might be broken, OR the lever where the cable connects might have snapped off, either way, if plan A does not work, try and pull the cable manually with a pair of pliers from the lever end see what happens. it usually pops up with a firm blow with your hand (ooh err missus) :naughty:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Parts king! Just tried the above and it took a bit of both to free it but now working correctly. Cheers

Thanks to 'Old Codger' aswell for your reply. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links