Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Wrc/tte

pikey009

Just upload them to imageshack.us and include the link on here - we'll be able to see it then.

I forgot to say, the one I saw was plain white, didn't have the rally decal set on it. I could tell it was a replica because of the all white bumpers, no side bump strips, white wheels etc. so keep your eyes peeled!

Twas a nice sight, just a shame we weren't going in the same direction!

@ Tibs - how many of these cars do you reckon would have been specced up like this? Would every Toyota dealership have had one do you think? Would be interesting to get an idea of numbers....

i spoke to my dads mate who is the toyota mechanic and he said the white ones were the show cars for the dealers whereas the kit was usually fitted to the blue, black and red ones as the options pack. most of the white ones were fitted with full decals too, mine was at some point. then the white ones were sold on at a later date.

Here's the link sorted for you mate: 005.jpg

Looking at your car I think it looks slightly lower than my TTE car. Less is not always more ;)

thanks mate. lol its very low but awesome on on smooth roads and coners as im sure you know :)

Yes agreed, very nice indeed on the smooth! What sort of mileage has your car done? You said it had had a respray - was it a well done respray?

its done 104,000 the car has been sprayed in a pearlecent white/blue, its not brilliant but i am slowly restoring it and the car cost me just £750 so for what ive got its ok. it owes me money now as ive started to sort the little niggly things on it and did the cam belt along with all other belts and a minor service. i only plan to keep it until ive sold the gt4 and have a new car but to be honest i love it and really feel like keeping it as a project

4 x white 16" replica wheels fitted with 205/45 tyres

I've scanned the kit brochure - you can see it here

http://www.jpayne.force9.co.uk/forum%20photos/Corolla%20WRC%201_800.jpg

http://www.jpayne.force9.co.uk/forum%20photos/Corolla%20WRC%202_800.jpg

I've still got my Corolla though there aren't that many original parts left - if you want to see what I've done it take a look at my website www.ae111sr.co.uk

John

G6R - have you noticed that the white wheels fitted to Pauls SR and the white TTE rep you've just bought are different to those shown in the brochure that John posted here? (unless my eyes are deceiving me!!)

Are the white wheels you've just accquired branded as MiM?

Interesting you've done the cam belt - I might have to do mine. Seen the parts at £60-odd on eBay, and have had a look in the Haynes manual - not sure if its a job I can tackle really! did you get the garage to do yours? I may have to get a quote for it.

Looking at those adverts, yes, those wheels do seem to be different - they dont' even look like 16" wheels to me on those red and blue cars?

I don't think Pauls wheels are the same, its difficult to tell really. As long as yours and mine are the same mate (mines running 205/45 tyres), all these wannabe's will always just be that lol :thumbsup:

You got a good buy with yours there. If the interior is good then why not just run it for fun. I get 42mpg out of my 1.6 so it is possible if you don't boot it to get some good mpg.

Rearos.jpg

These are my wheels, 16" with MiM branded on the back, and yeah they are different to the ones in the brochure ???

Oooh I don't know now, they look pretty similar to me. Was the MiM stamp quite easy to see Paul? I'll have to have a look at mine when I swap the wheels over. Cheers!

No they are definitely different to what's in that brochure.

The ones in the brochure look like they have a bigger centre and smaller spokes and almost like a deep lip all the way around... I guess Toyota must of changed the spec at some point??

I forgot to say, the one I saw was plain white, didn't have the rally decal set on it. I could tell it was a replica because of the all white bumpers, no side bump strips, white wheels etc. so keep your eyes peeled!

Twas a nice sight, just a shame we weren't going in the same direction!

@ Tibs - how many of these cars do you reckon would have been specced up like this? Would every Toyota dealership have had one do you think? Would be interesting to get an idea of numbers....

I couldnt say for certain. Rough guess would see me say one per dealer as an average, but that is a real guess, as some dealers wouldnt have bothered speccing one up, where as some dealers did several (depends on location/customer demographic etc).

My actions for a view of numbers, would be to speak to TGB, possibly try and speak to 'Accessories', who have dealt with the 'port of entry' speccing of cars. These guys were/are responsible for the parts that were fitted to any Toyota vehicle retailed in the UK but were fitted with any accessory part after leaving the factory(which ever factory it may have originated in). My guess would be that these guys would have taken the orders for the kits from the dealers. They may well have records of how many were sent to the dealer network. This would be the nearest clue as to how many cars were specced up as these replicas.

Failing that, as some depts in TGB change as time goes on, TGB public relations may be able to help.

TTE would maybe have had records, but as they are no longer in existance as the original operation, perhaps they no longer hold such info. Could be worth a email to Toyota Motorsport in Germany.

Hope my !Removed! rambling has been of some interest or use.

Cheers Tibbsy! I think I may re-estimate at a couple of hundred cars max specced up in white with all the gear on them ;->

The wheels have MiM marked on the back of the spoke, pretty easy to spot.. If I get time I will take a wheel off and get a photo of the back.

My friend at Westover (Toyota) thinks they only did a few hundred of the TTE's ? I will ask if he can look into an exact number for us all.

ooo id be keen to find out how many were made but according to my dads mate, the white ones were the dealer ones and came fully specced apart from only some having the decal kit

Picture020.jpg

Here we go, I took this photo with the wheel still on the car :blink: hense why it's not very good. But you can see on mine it says MiM and 99 for the year ?

Nice work Paul, you're quite the photographer!

I'll have a group round the back of me spokes when I'm next with the motor ;)

Hmmm, part of me doesn't want to split my car now....

:) only a white one would do for me but thats just me, i think its the old wrc look that i like

^ I hope the inside of your rims are cleaner than Pauls filthy examples ;->

^ I hope the inside of your rims are cleaner than Pauls filthy examples ;->

Ha lol... I'm taking some time off next week so will try and take each wheel off and give them a real clean :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

hi all. done a few bits and bobs to the car and will update with pics in about an hour after tea. needed to write something now so i can find this thread when i come back on as its taken me ages to find it!

Thought id post up a little update on the car as i've done a few bits and bobs on it since i've had it:

. Repaired all the wheels

. All belts changed

. All filters changed

. All fluids changed

. Kenwood head unit fitted

. Body work tidied- tcut and polished

. Custom stainless exhaust

. WRC grille vent stickers

. TTE grille emblem

. Black mud guards (going on this weekend)

. Carbon toyota emblem

. Second hand parcel shelf fitted

. Fitted and sprayed wheel center caps

Now im just thinking how slow it is and how it could do with a little more power.....20v black top, 3sgte, starlet turbo; are all options im thinking of.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links