Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Daylight Running Lights

Grumpy Cabbie

The official version??

I like these. Are they required in the UK? Not heard anything about it.

Well i have ordered 3 different sets from 3 different suppliers. One is only 105mmx18mm. Will try them all see what im happy with.

Mt Ben can you remember the manufacturer of your lights you got from Halfords

David

• 2 weeks later...

Jonan is there any chance you could post some pictures of you day time running lights?

Many thanks

Chris

Jonan is there any chance you could post some pictures of you day time running lights?

Many thanks

Chris

I don't have any pics yet Chris.

But in any case I felt where I had the lights, in the edges of the upper intake, does not quite tally with the regulations for DRLs which says they should be no more than 400mm from the sides of the car.

Fitted in the upper intake they are more than 400mm from the sides.

I have put some thinner ones under the front below the fog lights which I don't think MrPlod will argue with as they are only 250mm from the car's sides.

I was browsing the "Aygo" forum and some of them have had mild grief from the police, mainly because the police do not seem to know the regulations for DRLs.

• 1 month later...

Now the iQ-DRL from Toyota are available for 279 EUR only for the parts. (they are dimming (flashing, mainlight, big beam))

let us turn the lights on.

Daytime running lights are the scandal of the modern age :angry:

Awful nonsense, so typical of the numpties in charge of the EU. Some of them are so ridiculously blinding (e.g Mercedes) that they are probably going to cause more accidents than they prevent. There doesn't seem to be any rules as to the brightness of these things. If we must have them, they should be along the lines of sidelights/parking lights and not these LED bulbs. Also, where they are integrated it can be difficult to make out indicators being used. A recipe for disaster!

Have to say (sadly) any future car purchases by me will be greatly influenced by these blessed things. For instance, I could never buy a Citroen DS3 with that vertical line of LEDs - hideous!

Rant over :yahoo:

Daytime running lights are the scandal of the modern age :angry:

Awful nonsense, so typical of the numpties in charge of the EU. Some of them are so ridiculously blinding (e.g Mercedes) that they are probably going to cause more accidents than they prevent. There doesn't seem to be any rules as to the brightness of these things. If we must have them, they should be along the lines of sidelights/parking lights and not these LED bulbs. Also, where they are integrated it can be difficult to make out indicators being used. A recipe for disaster!

Have to say (sadly) any future car purchases by me will be greatly influenced by these blessed things. For instance, I could never buy a Citroen DS3 with that vertical line of LEDs - hideous!

Rant over :yahoo:

As far as the DS3 goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I agree they take some getting used too!

As for DRL's the 'numpties' at the EU are running out of money at last, so soon they won't be able to dictate to us at all!

The problem has always been, however, that Britain seems to be the only place that actually obeys EVERY stupid idea that comes from Brussels! The other members of the EU only obey the dictats that suit them....

Luckily DRL's as far as I know switch off when you turn the lights on, so at least we won't be blinded at night by them.

I was taking note yesterday as it became dusk when people's DRL's seem their brightest. Some of the cars had 1ft long vertical array on both exposed wheel arches. Each individual LED had its own reflector and was so intence that I couldnt see the number plate. They have become so intergrated into the styling that instead of becoming subtle they take over the whole car. Look how effective a motor bike is with lights on in the day. It really is to just catch your eye to increase your awareness not light up the street. One behind me the other day triggered my rearview mirror sensor.

David

As the French police have a habit of lurking at the end of tunnels and asking for a couple of hundred Euros because you forgot to turn your headlights on, I wonder what the do as regards with cars having DLR lights ?

I suspect you will still have to put you hand in your wallet as you have no rear illumination warning drivers behind you.

Rgds

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links