Do Not Sell My Personal Information

200Bhp Astra To An Aygo Go

sistersvisions

Am trading my much loved Astra cdti in for an Aygo Go......please tell me im not going through a mid-life crysis.. :eek:

No, not a mid life crisis.... Just a flash of common sense!!

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

No, not a mid life crisis.... Just a flash of common sense!!

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Common sense...i hope so.

Needed something cheaper due to day to day running costs.. :)

200bhp Astra diesel??

I assume it was tuned?

Yep..you got it...and still managed to get 54mpg.

Your fuel economy won't improve much with the Aygo but at least it will be with cheaper unleaded. Car tax will only be £20 for 12 months and insurance is as cheap as it comes :thumbsup:

you wont have to deal with vauxhall dealers. Thats got to be worth it on its own.

you wont have to deal with vauxhall dealers. Thats got to be worth it on its own.

Tbh...never had a problem with them, always helpfull when i had a problem...now if you said Renault...where do i start :censor: ...lol

May sound an odd thing to say but i feel the fun factor / smile factor will be just the same for both cars :) .

• 2 months later...

Your fuel economy won't improve much with the Aygo but at least it will be with cheaper unleaded. Car tax will only be £20 for 12 months and insurance is as cheap as it comes :thumbsup:

Not if you're 20! I payed £3000 for mine. That was the cheapest by far too!!

Am trading my much loved Astra cdti in for an Aygo Go......please tell me im not going through a mid-life crysis.. :eek:

Awww! Dont do it! 200bhp oil burner all the way with a blimming big smile on your face as you overtake the Aygo driver in a ploom of black smoke! lol :yahoo::driving::laughing:

Awww! Dont do it! 200bhp oil burner all the way with a blimming big smile on your face as you overtake the Aygo driver in a ploom of black smoke! lol :yahoo::driving::laughing:

yeah..i know.. But im loving the £35 a week fuel bill compaired to the £60 the diesel was using..... :yahoo:

Yes but try insuring a 200hp Astra (insurance group 20ish) :crybaby: rather than a group 2 Aygo :thumbsup:

Yes but try insuring a 200hp Astra (insurance group 20ish) :crybaby: rather than a group 2 Aygo :thumbsup:

Used to have a 318 with all mods stated and it was £1100

Slightly different, but still. The *Profanities*

• 4 weeks later...

Me and my wife have got both Aygo and slightly modified Astra Mk4 (150-160bhp one, but much lighter than Astra Mk5 1.9) and no way I would trade my Astra for an Aygo. But my Astra is nowhere near as cheap to run as yours (25-30mpg) and still I would pick it over an Aygo anytime.

ASTRA PROS:

-exciting, fun to drive

-economical

-spacious

-comfortable

ASTRA CONS:

-expensive tax

-expensive insurance

AYGO PROS:

-economical

-cheap on tax

-cheap insurance

AYGO CONS:

-dull, unexciting to drive

-it's a half of a car, limited space, serious issue when you have kids

-cheaply made and you see(and hear) it straightaway

Both cars are fairly reliable and parts availability and cost is good. I prefer to deal with Vauxhall dealers rather than Toyota ones, but that's how it is in my area. I don't visit dealers for repairs anyway (as I do 95% of that by myself) only for parts.

The Aygo is my wifes car, and from initial love she hates the car now because it's so unexciting to drive. She loves to drive my car even only for the sake of driving it somewhere. I know that the power and torque can be somewhat addictive and power delivery in 2.2 NA Astra is very enjoyable. I thing a car like Astra 1.9cdti would tick all our boxes even though the standard 150bhp 1.9cdti is probably not as quick as 2.2 (parkers 0-60mph: Astra 2.2 7.9s, Astra 1.9CDTi[150] 8.3s). But I know 1.9cdti is tunable and 200bhp is fairly easily achievable without sacrificing fuel economy.

i traded my astra 150 ctdi in for an aygo cause i had no end of trouble with it. Yes when it was working it brought a smile to my face but most of the time it was costing me money on repairs. And the vauxhall dealer i got the car from was awful. there was no customer care at all once they had got the sale. Although i miss the power and acceleration, in todays economic climate, i think an aygo makes complete sense. personally i think i had a jinxed motor as my wifes family fun bus ( a zafira) has been fine so far, although she only tinkers around locally so doesnt really put the miles/wear on it!