Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Part Number

thanks from me!

Hi all, can anyone supply image/part number for the screw that secures the plastic Battery cover, over the Battery on a 2005 avensis 1.8vvti, since owning this car it has never had one on so dont know exactly what it looks like. Would just like to put things back to original as at the moment its held on with a wing nut, which doesnt quite look right though doing the job for now. ta

Hi all, can anyone supply image/part number for the screw that secures the plastic battery cover, over the battery on a 2005 avensis 1.8vvti, since owning this car it has never had one on so dont know exactly what it looks like. Would just like to put things back to original as at the moment its held on with a wing nut, which doesnt quite look right though doing the job for now. ta

Hi mate and welcome to the forum, the original part that holds the Battery cover on is rubbish really as you have found out from fitting a wing nut it goes on to a threaded stud, well the original part is just like a fancy plastic wing nut BUT it is not threaded, it looks like it is but it won't tighten down meaning you can pull it off easily. The new part is £3.50 and is not worth it except for cosmetic reasons so stick with your wingnut and spray it black ...... LOL.

I have attached a picture of the original but it is not very clear.

Regards Pete.

post-74463-0-47526000-1302866643_thumb.g

• 7 months later...

Hi all, can anyone supply image/part number for the screw that secures the plastic battery cover, over the battery on a 2005 avensis 1.8vvti, since owning this car it has never had one on so dont know exactly what it looks like. Would just like to put things back to original as at the moment its held on with a wing nut, which doesnt quite look right though doing the job for now. ta

Just bought one for my car (2005 1.8)....number is 58773 - 05050 ("retainer eng service hole cover")

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links