Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are You Running On Biodiesel

meltonlad

ok peeps done loads of research on using biodiesel im 99% sure that i can use 100% RME Biodiesel at EN14214 but i would like to know if anyone here has used or know of anyone using the same ! ive got a 2003 2.0L D4D ive rang toyota and they couldnt give me a 100% answer !! place near me is sell bio at £0.77 ltr....

you could try it but if it goes wrong you could be looking at engine check light, injector troubles, fuel pump, filter, lines etc etc?

We had a few people here using it but haven't heard from them in a while.

It should be safe as the only danger from biodiesel comes if there are any organic rubber components in the fuel system (e.g. hoses, O-rings etc.)

You will void any warranty left if you use it tho', and Toyota won't certify the engine as being compatible so you're on your own if you try it.

That said, it should be fine, but make sure you have the fuel filter changed with each few tanks as the biodiesel will clear out all the crap in the fuel system and dump it right in the fuel filter, causing it to clog very quickly during the first few tanks and leading to power loss!

Where is this place you're getting it for 77p?!!

Are they reputable? It is important that they process the fuel properly as manky biodiesel *will* do bad things to the engine!

It should be safe as the only danger from biodiesel comes if there are any organic rubber components in the fuel system (e.g. hoses, O-rings etc.)

You will void any warranty left if you use it tho', and Toyota won't certify the engine as being compatible so you're on your own if you try it.

That said, it should be fine, but make sure you have the fuel filter changed with each few tanks as the biodiesel will clear out all the crap in the fuel system and dump it right in the fuel filter, causing it to clog very quickly during the first few tanks and leading to power loss!

Are they reputable? It is important that they process the fuel properly as manky biodiesel *will* do bad things to the engine!

i will change filter after first 500 then every 3000 miles... i might try 50/50 mix first and then go 100% bio !! the place i can get it from is on a web site that lists all the places to get biodiesel from all over the uk and also on a very good site listing cheapest petrol prices !!

would i get better mpg or lower ?? at the moment im running at 62mpg im not an old !Removed! but i would rather rag the company cars than mine LOL

tbh not sure; it seems to depend on the biodiesel and the engine but generally it's about the same.

i will change filter after first 500 then every 3000 miles... i might try 50/50 mix first and then go 100% bio !! the place i can get it from is on a web site that lists all the places to get biodiesel from all over the uk and also on a very good site listing cheapest petrol prices !!

would i get better mpg or lower ?? at the moment im running at 62mpg im not an old !Removed! but i would rather rag the company cars than mine LOL

62mpg?? please tell me that's a 1.4 d4d and not the 2.0?? my 2.0 gives me 37-40 around town, motorway i don't bother checking but i know it's good probably over 50mpg. mind you i do keep my foot down around town lately i've kinda let mpg go out the window a little :D

not motorway mostly A roads some B roads and at around 4.30am then again around 7pm just been out to check it and it now reading 65.6mpg im running on the top BP and Shell fuel like £1.44 ltr.

62mpg?? please tell me that's a 1.4 d4d and not the 2.0?? my 2.0 gives me 37-40 around town, motorway i don't bother checking but i know it's good probably over 50mpg. mind you i do keep my foot down around town lately i've kinda let mpg go out the window a little :D