Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Rear Speaker Covers On 2000 Camry Le

TCG

I need to replace my passenger-side rear speaker in my Camry, but for the life of me, I (stupidly, I guess) can't figure out how to get the speaker covers off. It looks like they're attached to the entire rear shelf cover and that I need to remove the whole thing to access the Speakers.

If that's correct, what do I need remove to get the cover off? It looks like I'll have to remove the child restraint system hooks, but what else?

If that's incorrect, what do I do?

If anyone can give me a detailed answer, I'd appreciate it. I've looked around on the back seat and in the trunk, but I can't tell exactly what I need to do and I hate to do it by trial and error when I know someone has the answer.

Thanks!

I had to do the same thing on my 99 Camry. The Speakers covers are attached from under the back shelf. You have to take the whole shelf out to access. For me I folded down the back seat, removed the 3rd brake light cover and lifted. There are some hold down clips that should just slip out once you have the shelf loose. You might have to go into the trunk and pop clips from there, you should see them. Good luck!

I also remember have to pop off the back side piller pieces for the shelf to slide out. Its a chore. I think a poor design by Toyota.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links