Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris Service Plans

donald packham

I have recently received a quote of £499.87 from my Toyota dealership for a service plan for 3 services for my Auris 1600 valvematic starting at 30,00. The direct debit payment for 32 months is £15.62 per month. Is this a reasonable price?

Donpack.

What type of services are they?

I got 2 minor, 1 major for 14.62 per month on same payment regime as you. I took mine out at 17.5 pc VAT if that helps as a comparison?

What type of services are they?

I got 2 minor, 1 major for 14.62 per month on same payment regime as you. I took mine out at 17.5 pc VAT if that helps as a comparison?

My services would be the same as yours - 2 minor and one full - allowing for the difference in VAT I think this would make your payments £14.98 per month and therefore cheaper than mine by some £20 overall.

donpack

when i bought my sr last june i bought a 3 service package from benfield toyota leeds for 30k/40k and 50k services for £345

I have recently renewed my service plan for the next 3 years 32 payments @ £14.15p. This covers 2 minor & 1 magor service.

when i bought my sr last june i bought a 3 service package from benfield toyota leeds for 30k/40k and 50k services for £345

Thanks for this info. That is a remarkably low cost. Is it with a Toyota main dealer?

DonPack

Hmmm... I'm paying £15 and a few pence for my service plan on the 1.33 Auris for a 7 year/70k period. When you cosider all servicing, MOT's and work such as brake fluid changes are performed it seemed like good value to me.

Service plans....

If you do them with a main dealer, usually when you buy the car, you will be getting your services at todays prices. They will obciously take into account a small percentage increase in costs, BUT.... You have to find 14-15 quid a month - usually for 30 months... Your do not have to find a lump sum at the time of the service.

It's all very well for some to say it's better to save the cash yourself, but who the hell can keep to it....

Look on it a bit like paying for your gas and electricity by direct debit... The bill is paid!

I'm beginning to think a service plan might have been a good idea for me. My Auris is due its 40k service and I have been quoted £293....ouch. :(

• 2 months later...

i have just had my second service today on my 09 1.33 auris.i have been offered a new service plan for the next 3 yrs at a price of £620.83(19.55 per month). compared to the rest of you this sounds a lot, it is with RRG at Salford Quays. also what should be covered by the second service, they changed the oil and filter but not the air filter and plugs or pollen filter.they advised on having the brake fluid replaced and the aircon regassed for £100. should this not be done as part of the service.

The booklet I got with my service plan specifically states that "recommended" work such as brake fluid changes is included, and MOT's of course. Not sure it would wash with the air con needing regassing though...

Edit... re the A/C. An 09 reg is still under warranty. They measure the temperature of the air at the vents I believe and depending on the outcome is whether or not a regas is advised. You shouldn't have to pay for that in your case.

• Like 1

I was just reading this post as it arrived in the latest post section. I've got a Yaris and I got the service plan which I found to be great value, and it includes the big service for next year.

brake fluid wasnt covered on my service plan, had to pay £50 at benfield leeds, nor was the mot,which i managed to get done for free by complaining to the dealer principle about the problems and poor service id had from his garage.

they also tried to get me to have the air con service for about £80, declined as its working and smelling ok

This is from my service plan which is with Vantage Toyota

post-57576-0-50323900-1311146181_thumb.j

• 1 year later...

just had my auris serviced and first mot for £129. advised that brake discs are rusty and need replacing (only done15000 miles). should the discs not be covered by the warranty (a couple of days left). anyway i was offered a 3yr service plan 1 full + 1 interim and 1 full service plus 3 free mots 2 brake fluid checks and 2 air con service for £793, any thoughts.

Doesn't sound like fantastic value to me, but just my opinion. Toyota charge £39 to change the brake fluid, but they're only offering you a check-up not replacement. It should be done every 2 years regardless of mileage. I also replaced the pollen filter myself (with a genuine Toyota item) for £14 - a lot less than the dealer charges & it's a 5 min job !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links