Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What To Say To Toyota

etihad

Thanks mate, i will have a look when i get time, but could anyone shed a light on the engine oil too?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• etihad

• blutto

• minidoughty

• Parts-King

Semi-Synthetic should be fine despite the extra power of the engine from your supercharger, fully just doesnt break down and wear out as quick.

Most of us more enthusiastic T sport owners use fully synthetic, i've got 0-40w Mobil 1 in mine at the moment but i run 5-30w Castrol magnatec depending on what deals are on offer. Picked up 5 litres of Mobil one for £24 from Cosco not so long ago.

On the last visit to toyota to pick up an oil filter the guy told me that the T sport oil filter is actually longer than the standard corolla filter. I checked this as the one i took off my new TS was about an inch shorter! Someone obviously had them mixed up on the last service.

• 2 months later...

Right guys, i thought to rebirth thia thread instead of making a new one. Am actually at toyota while writing this. They had a look at the shocks and they are now discontinued!!! Technician did confirm there is a problem with them, and it is covered by warranty. So they said they will need to contact toyota head office and see where to go from there

I do hope they do something and not just fob me off

you'll either end up with standard tsport shocks, or they'll just have to source Eibach branded one's as they are who made them for TTE.

Toyota have juat contacted me and said they will authorise new shocks, but they are the standard t-sport ones. Am not having them fitted and i will talk to toyota direct, i paid for a compressor not a t-sport!!!!

mate, i am currently considering writing a complaint letter to toyota's head office regarding the compressor. the number of issues i have had with mine are ridiculous, and the real trouble begins when you have to try to get their own staff to understand the way things work on a car that was manufactured by the company that they work for. if you don't mind, i would like to include the fact that the main dealership are wanting to replace your shock absorbers with the wrong ones. this is a classic example of how challenging it is actually owning and maintaining this car. i'm not expecting any great results from someone higher up within toyota, but it would be nice for them to acknowledge the fact that they could do better when it comes to looking after the people who actually buy their cars. thanks in advance...

stick to your guns mate, will ring my parts chap in the morning see if thats the case with the shocks.

Thanks mate, if i can get the shocks thay would do me, but am not having a standard one on. No way!

Mcchunkera mate i don't mind at all. Can give you all details of my car and dealership its currently at. If you want it, pm me the details your wanting.

Just called the head office customer relations, took down my statement, and said there is nothing they can do if the parts are not made anymore! They said they will just need to take the car back to standard :censor:!! I tried explaining that I'm paying for a Compressor not a T-sport. They said they will have a word with the dealership and see what they can do. What do you guys recommend? Do you think I can get coilovers and get them to pay for them?

I'm a Business Law graduate mate so this is my 2 pence worth:

You have a legal right to expect the goods to be of satisfactory quality and last a reasonable length of time.

If problems arise then it's expected that the 2 parties will come to an agreement as to how to proceed.

Toyota have fulfilled their obligation to offer a repair/replacement/refund by offering a repair, however the repair is expected to be of equal quality and value to that of the original.

Therefore offering standard suspension is simply not enough, however with the part no longer being available it does cause complications.

Toyota would be obliged to then source a part of similar value/performance (not knowing enough about TS/COMP suspension I'm guessing this isn't the case)

I would pose the question to Toyota about the Coilovers definitely or at least sports shocks.

However legally Toyota do not have to accept, they can simply offer a refund on the car minus depreciation since you bought it and have been using it.

sorry if this is a bit confusing,

I am absolutely hanging this morning lol

Thanks for the reply mate,

I'll wait and hear what they have to say. I think brand new they were around 730ish. I'll suggest the coilover's and see what they say.

why can't they just get them direct from Eibach? surely they still make that model number of shock?

nope, I phoned Eibach and they said they don't do them for toyota. Basically TTE paid them to manufacture 250+ shocks and that's it. Stupid!!!!

that is stupid. It's good in a way, as they are no more shocks prone to leaking being made, but there should be a decent replacement.

i'd suggest something like bilstein shocks.

maybe if someone asks a figure or for any suggestions go for BC coilovers (£700ish)

if only you could get the Toyota part no. for the TRD suspension!!!

that is stupid. It's good in a way, as they are no more shocks prone to leaking being made, but there should be a decent replacement.

i'd suggest something like bilstein shocks.

maybe if someone asks a figure or for any suggestions go for BC coilovers (£700ish)

if only you could get the Toyota part no. for the TRD suspension!!!

The TRD suspension?? will they have to source it in from abroad?

yes. they may have the contacts to source TRD items (being a division of Toyota), but looking on the TRD.jp site, most of suspension for ZZE123 is discontinued.

Thanks for the reply mate,

I'll wait and hear what they have to say. I think brand new they were around 730ish. I'll suggest the coilover's and see what they say.

They should pay for a new set of coilovers. I thought car manufacturers had to supply parts for any model they made for at least ten years?:rolleyes:

Rang my parts chap Ian at Vantage Toyota Colne, he said that although the shocks are no longer in production they are still avaliable and said he could get one for Friday.

Half of the parts depots can't be arsed to look for the correct part no.

Toyota will not be obliged to keep parts in stock if its a ltd edition only for standard Corolla.

Rang my parts chap Ian at Vantage Toyota Colne, he said that although the shocks are no longer in production they are still avaliable and said he could get one for Friday.

Half of the parts depots can't be ubikd to look for the correct part no.

Toyota will not be obliged to keep parts in stock if its a ltd edition only for standard Corolla.

Is it for both mate. Left and right shock? I need them both replacing.

Is it for both mate. Left and right?

Either get Benfield to ring Vantage or give em a bell yourself 01282857760.

He asked whether you wanted left or right so I would think both are available.

Thank you very much. I'll ring him tomorrow and sort it. Am picking up my bumper from benfield so i'll let them sort the hassle of getting them over to leeds

cheers mate, i'll write out a couple of drafts and once i settle on what i want to send, i'll request the details then. i'll keep you informed of any response aswell...

Thank you very much. I'll ring him tomorrow and sort it. Am picking up my bumper from benfield so i'll let them sort the hassle of getting them over to leeds

To be honest if they get there finger out once they get the part no of Vantage they should be able to order them themselves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links