• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• etihad

• blutto

• minidoughty

• Parts-King

Still haven't heard anything from them, am going to give it till Monday and call them. I spoke to a service manager for toyota in Barnsley, and i mentioned the coilovers, he said customer relations are the only ones that could authorise this, so we'll see.

Btw, if worse comes to worst, will there be a big difference if i had normal t-sport shocks in the front and the Eibach at the back? Are the compressor springs compatible with the t-sport shocks? Also will this effect handling of the car? Am going to fight to the death for sport coilovers and get them to pay for it. Do you think i can take the issue up with the finance company? Even though it's with toyota finance them self?

Btw, if worse comes to worst, will there be a big difference if i had normal t-sport shocks in the front and the eibach at the back? Are the compressor springs compatible with the t-sport shocks? Also will this effect handling of the car? Am going to fight to the death for sport coilovers and get them to pay for it. Do you think i can take the issue up with the finance company? Even though it's with toyota finance them self?

The route to go is by your dealer first, by all means get Toyota involved but all they will do initially is hand it back to the dealer. The dealer needs to establish with Toyota the parts availability, keep calm, DO NOT stop your payments on finance, wait until you here the outcome from your dealer / Toyota. Getting the finance company involved will muddy the waters at this stage, you could involve them after you find out what the parts situation is. Be firm but fair with your dealer, he who shouts loudest does not always get what he wants :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Btw, if worse comes to worst, will there be a big difference if i had normal t-sport shocks in the front and the eibach at the back? Are the compressor springs compatible with the t-sport shocks? Also will this effect handling of the car? Am going to fight to the death for sport coilovers and get them to pay for it. Do you think i can take the issue up with the finance company? Even though it's with toyota finance them self?

The route to go is by your dealer first, by all means get Toyota involved but all they will do initially is hand it back to the dealer. The dealer needs to establish with Toyota the parts availability, keep calm, DO NOT stop your payments on finance, wait until you here the outcome from your dealer / Toyota. Getting the finance company involved will muddy the waters at this stage, you could involve them after you find out what the parts situation is. Be firm but fair with your dealer, he who shouts loudest does not always get what he wants :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply mate,

My first point of contact was vantage Toyota in York, I met someone who actually used to be on the forum, and works for Toyota. He used to own a compressor, I asked him about the shocks because he had his replaced, so he kindly took the car and checked it. 10minutes later he came back and told me there is play in both of the front shocks, more on the right side.

So, booked the my car in at Benfield Toyota, got the car down and one of the mechanics came out and took it round and asked me to jump in. whilst driving going over a small bump he heard the crunch noise and said he’ll have a look. He came back and confirmed that there is play in the shocks and said they will need to put in a claim. They called me up later the day and said that they got authorisation to replace my shocks, at this point I asked what shocks where they and just got “they are factory fit” shocks. I asked how much they cost and was told something like (£67+vat). By that point of realised it wasn’t the actual compressor Eibach shocks, but the normal corolla. I then tried explaining to him that mine are not factory fit, and are different to the ones they were offering. Then I got told that they are discontinued and are not available. He told me to contact Toyota headquarters and have a word with them. I called them up and a she opened a case and typed everything, but she also said there isn’t much they can do if the shocks are not made anymore. I also had to try and get across to her that replacing them with normal shocks on a performance car is not going to work, and that I wasn’t going to accept it as this is not what I paid for. She said they will contact the dealer and someone will be in contact me myself. I’m still waiting to hear something and that was Tuesday.

When I went to pick up my bumper the guy who worked in parts and looked into the shocks said he still hasn’t heard anything, but he said that he can see what am on about, and said he agrees with me. I’ll give it till Monday I’ll ring main office and ask them regarding the coilovers.

I don’t intend to shout or get aggressive or rude, but like you said firm and fair.

I dont intend in getting finance company involved unless i hit a brick wall with Toyota.

Abit of an update, I've just got back from York, met with a very nice guy who works for Toyota and had 2 front shocks from a compressor, he said he got them in-case his went.

Both look in perfect condition. He gave me them free of charge!!!

I'm going to get Toyota to get me a brand new left hand shock and get them to fit it, as there is only one left and it's in Belgium and I'm going to fit the one on the right, I don't think they will fit a second hand one free of charge.

img20110804221547.jpg

img20110804221540.jpg

img20110804221554.jpg

img20110804221559.jpg

:yahoo:

Or..... i'd continue complaining and see what Toyota eventually offer....

Then if that fails fit these ones ;)

Just got a call from Toyota, there sourcing the brand new left shock from Belgium at the price of (£740) and fitting the right shock that i got for free!!!

Yeah am glad! Thanks for everyones help!

Btw does anyone know were i can get the TTE Compressor sticker?

Yeah am glad! Thanks for everyones help!

Btw does anyone know were i can get the TTE Compressor sticker?

x2

Part No thread then ask Kingo....... ;)