Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mileage On T Sports?

Adam-Up

Hi im looking at getting a 54/55 plate t sport very soon and for the type of money I have £4700 im looking at cars with mileage from 60-80k.

Just wondering if the engine is a work horse and regardless of mileage, if well serviced will it still pull like a train and keep going and going?

I know if I were to try and save another grand I could get one with lower miles but is it worth it?

Thanks

Adam.

make sure you take it all the way to 8200rpm ,it shud keep pulling .mine is on 83600 and i redline it whenever i can :thumbsup:

i paid £4000 for my 03 t sport with about 57k on the clock, now on 64k and has not skipped a beat, pulls very hard all the way to the red line, i have seen write ups on the 2zz engine going up to 250000 miles! and not a single problem, its one of the reasons why i brought mine, as long as its serviced regularly you will have no problems at all the engine is bomb proof if looked after :thumbsup:

Mine had 38k on it when I bought it, its now got 50k on it and its not missed a beat

Regular oil changes are essential if your going to thrash it (admit it, you are :lol:)

Mine had 33k.... now it has 74k.... no issues thumbsup.gif

So getting one with 60-70k miles on it wouldn't bother anyone?

I'v deffo decided I want a face lift model,cant wait has to be in grey though. Only problem I have now is that i'll have to travel to get one I haven't seen one in south wales for sale. There's a few up in manchester 3 and half hour drive there though.

I'v deffo decided I want a face lift model,cant wait has to be in grey though. Only problem I have now is that i'll have to travel to get one I haven't seen one in south wales for sale. There's a few up in manchester 3 and half hour drive there though.

i got mine on 76k last sept for £2400, mileage dont mean nothing aslong as its been looked after .if your coming up here to get one ,just think ov it as a road trip :D

mine had 0k on it, its now at 50k and 5 years old.

Mechanically the engine is fairly sound. the MAF sensor is known to go and provided the oil is changed frequently I think you would be okay.

I'd imagine you might even get mid 50k's now for £4700.

My 05 last June was £5800 with 38k, now 42k.

They are good engines, but do the usual checks - check the oil / cap, check for exhaust smoke. If you can on the test drive, let the engine heat up and do what the guys say and take it to the red line. Check for any white / black smoke if you can at 6200k (quite difficult to see). Also check the exhaust when you get back for any excess white smoke - it should be clear when hot.

Gearbox changes are not overally smooth when cold, but when warm there shouldnt be any problems. I've had pretty noisy transmission noise on decelleration on both my TS's, so i put that down to a "characteristic" on the gearbox.

i got mine on 76k last sept for £2400, mileage dont mean nothing aslong as its been looked after .if your coming up here to get one ,just think ov it as a road trip :D

Ye but it's going to be quite a task getting the mrs to agree to drive me all the way up there :)

I'd imagine you might even get mid 50k's now for £4700.

My 05 last June was £5800 with 38k, now 42k.

I have seen a couple, trade 54 plates with around 44k and 50k up for around that price £5995.

Could be worth asking the question but I doubt they'd take £4700.

I think you have to shop around, there are a few Trade ones on autotrader in the early 50ks - like this one Link . Just short of 5k too and haggling is always worth the effort.

I spent ages waiting for the right price, colour and milage. :)

Ye i'v seen a few in silver that I could get and not that far to travel only bristol but the car just doesn't look the same as in grey lol

As a second choice I'd have red I think.

Ye i'v seen a few in silver that I could get and not that far to travel only bristol but the car just doesn't look the same as in grey lol

I have to agree.... :lol:

Original ad pic for mine

n681843677_1731102_3988565.jpg

And another of my favourites :lol:

n681843677_1731103_2738480.jpg

I have to agree.... :lol:

Original ad pic for mine

n681843677_1731102_3988565.jpg

And another of my favourites :lol:

n681843677_1731103_2738480.jpg

Very nice mate. Wont be much longer hopefully and I'll have one... had to sell my pride n joys to fund it though :(

IMG_4574.jpg

I've got to join Luke and stick up for the steel silver CTS' out there! I picked mine up in December last year with just 12,500 miles on the clock - the mileage was a bonus and think helped with other aspects of the car. Previously I had a 2002 CTS with ~50k on it, lift in that still felt nice and strong. The clutch and gearbox "smoothness" (although still notchy as by design it seems) is probably the biggest mechanical difference that I have noted.

02.JPG

Mines a 53 plate bought in Sept with 94k, now at 102k lovely jubley. Red lines fine!

Be carefull with the long Distance when buying a car. What do you do if it's a complete shed?? Journey home without it and be p1ssed off about the money and time wasted. Not to mention the long journey back to get any niggly problem fixed if you are buying from a dealer.

Be carefull with the long Distance when buying a car. What do you do if it's a complete shed?? Journey home without it and be p1ssed off about the money and time wasted. Not to mention the long journey back to get any niggly problem fixed if you are buying from a dealer.

I have thought about this but there's no way around it. There's no face lift t sports for sale in south wales that i'v seen, one or two compressors but thats it. The closest one to me is wrexham which is right at the top of wales. As for getting any problems fixed, unless it's something major I dont think i'll be bothering to trek back an forth long distances, i'll fix it myself. Touch wood though I wont need too.

If you want a facelift then you will have to travel mate. It's not like there are alot of them around. With the money your looking at they should be pretty decent with no issues.

My brother is driving from scarborough to Scotland on Friday to view a face lift.

The lad who is buying his car is coming from London.

If we all bought our cars from our local dealer then that would suck

I see what rob means tho, complete ball ache if something is wrong.

If you are buying from a distance ask the dealer if they will put a warranty on it for you, not a self funded 1 or 3 month warranty (as this would involve you having to go back to them for any repair work) A decent 6 month warranty through the AA or RAC will only cost the dealer around £100 to £150 and then you can go to any VAT regd garage. Obviously a warranty doesn't cover absolutely everything but it will take care of most of the expensive bits.

If you are buying from a distance ask the dealer if they will put a warranty on it for you, not a self funded 1 or 3 month warranty (as this would involve you having to go back to them for any repair work) A decent 6 month warranty through the AA or RAC will only cost the dealer around £100 to £150 and then you can go to any VAT regd garage. Obviously a warranty doesn't cover absolutely everything but it will take care of most of the expensive bits.

Thanks for the help, I'll make sure I ask if they'll do this.

Had mine 2 years ago with 55,000 on it now has 73,000

Engine wise great, regular servicing is a must, just had to spend £500.00 rebuilding the front brakes and changing the hoses all round, caliper stuck on again a month into new front discs and pads, it's been playing up for a while been putting off changing it.

Check the brakes !

I see you are only just up the road from me how is the search going?

I tried finding a facelift myself, have only ever seen one local and that was in Merthyr.

Had mine 2 years ago with 55,000 on it now has 73,000

Engine wise great, regular servicing is a must, just had to spend £500.00 rebuilding the front brakes and changing the hoses all round, caliper stuck on again a month into new front discs and pads, it's been playing up for a while been putting off changing it.

Check the brakes !

I see you are only just up the road from me how is the search going?

I tried finding a facelift myself, have only ever seen one local and that was in Merthyr.

£500 that sounds very expensive how much of that was parts? I assume you had the work done in a garage?

It was only last week that I saw a t sport locally, it was a pfl though.

I'v been looking for ages which is a bit silly as I haven't got all of the money together yet and seeing the cars that I like being sold is pi55ing me off lol.

Here's the ones that Im intersted in and want to see.

T sport 1

t sport 2

Im around a month away getting the rest of the money so they'll more than likely be gone. :crybaby:

Where are you from then?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links