Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phone Holder?

Avanzato

Guys,

Been meaning to ask this for a while, is there a phone holder for the Yaris? Something that will attach behind the steering wheel maybe, to hold a phone where the clocks would be on a normal car.

This would be ideal for a smartphone with satnav.

Thanks.

Have you tried something like this?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/dashboard-sticky-pad-507026?c=froogle&u=507026&t=module

My brother gave me one of a similar type with Inotec on it and it realy is very "sticky".

Until I had a play myself I was sceptical, but the one I have holds a phone or PDA on a vertical surface, let alone a sloping dash...

The other thing I've done on the Mk2 Yaris is simply prop my smartphone in the cup holder. I did think of making a mount that slots into the cup holder but never bothered....

I use one of these attached to the vent (in closed position) to the left of the steering wheel. Knocks out that vent, but cheap as chips and handy for the charging socket.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the thing I was talking about above. Just got a mail shot for one...

http://www.pay4xgadgets.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29880

I can't vouch for the vendor as I've never used them but the product is exactly what I was given as a "sample" and it does work amazingly well.

Thanks for that. I keep meaning to pop into Maplin and see if they have one. Looks likt it might be what I'm looking for.

Bought one of the sticky pads and it works surprisingly well. Only slight issue is that it works better, because of slight glare off the screen, if the phone is upright rather than horizontal. But then the phone cannot be on charge.