Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flip Key For Auris

Daveyonthemove

I have this key on may Auris, the electronics has been changed from the original key to the flip key, but the blade is diferent, the provided is denso style and mine is valeo style, i have made a regular key and cutted the blade and inserted in the flip key. The flip key blade is detachable so it can be done. The are some locksmiths that have several types ok blades in order to insert in this types of keys, but not easy to find.

Enjoy your new key!

Thanks for your feedback. How difficult was it to fit your own blade, and does it sit flush?

Very cool..id defoo b interested in switchin to the flip key..Also, is there a way to programme the key to switch on lights, shut windows etc as is the case on the VW Golf?! :)

Finally got around to getting the blade cut; Works beautifully! :yahoo:

I couldn't find a transponder chip; It seems to be build into the remote module tho' as that's all I swapped over and the car still starts :D

It does stick out a bit more but not enough to get in the way like I'd feared.

All in all a good result :)

Gone are the days of me accidentally stabbing myself in the leg with my car keys! :lol:

• Like 1

Finally got around to getting the blade cut; Works beautifully! :yahoo:

I couldn't find a transponder chip; It seems to be build into the remote module tho' as that's all I swapped over and the car still starts :D

It does stick out a bit more but not enough to get in the way like I'd feared.

All in all a good result :)

Gone are the days of me accidentally stabbing myself in the leg with my car keys! :lol:

Nice one, i'm glad you got your working.

Mine hasn't turned up yet, but i did set the delivery address to my Girlfriends house, and it didn't turn up when i was last there, so i won't get it before next week at the earliest.

How much did it cost to get the blade cut, and did you get the 'Toyota' emblem with it?

• Like 1

Yeah, got a little Toyota sticker but haven't stuck it on yet because it covers one of the screw holes.

I got it cut by a local guy but because I was getting some other keys cut and a lock, and was supplying the blank blade, he did it for free :D

I think he charged me £1.60 each for the other keys tho'.

Mine is at my Girlfriends she has just told me, so i should have mine sorted out in a week.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nice! :D

BTW, my locksmith did a template cut as he doesn't have the gear for 'cutting by the numbers' for Toyota keys, but that seemed to work despite my original key showing a bit of wear.

Just make sure they do a decent job de=-burring the edges after it's cut - My guy did a blinding job of de-burring the edges after he cut it tho'; Felt like an old well-used key! :D

Last time I had a car key cut for my old Fiesta by another place and I actually cut myself on a burr on the edge! :eek: I'm sure it wasn't good for the lock either and ended up filing it down myself with a needle file!

• Like 1

Hi can you guys place here the links of the fobs you bought? I was looking at them the other day and didn't buy any because the sellers couldn't be sure if it would work on an Auris. I want to use what comes with it don't want to buy additional blades and so on. Another thing that made be back down is that i read that most of these things are poor quality.

Thanks

Sorry, i missed this post first time around.

I don't have mine yet as it is with my Girlfriend, but she is coming across tomorrow so i will get my hands on it and let you know at some point this weekend, but probably Monday.

Hope you don't mind waiting that long.

• Like 1

Sorry, i missed this post first time around.

I don't have mine yet as it is with my Girlfriend, but she is coming across tomorrow so i will get my hands on it and let you know at some point this weekend, but probably Monday.

Hope you don't mind waiting that long.

no problem thanks

The key case I got was this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150575791919

Build quality seems okay; Keep playing with the flip mechanism and have already dropped it a few times and it hasn't come apart yet :lol:

This is a Yaris flip key tho'.

TBH, I think if you check the picture and the button hole positions match your key you should be safe :)

It is quite bulky tho; Was comparing it to my friend's Audi flip key and it's significantly bigger! I suppose this is partly due to the ludicrous length of the key blade :lol:

Mine is different to Cykers key, and sadly its not as straight forward to get working.

I have had to remove the plastic container with the circuits in, and i hoped i could simply put it straight into the new remote case, but i can't. I've had to open up that container and remove the circuits, but even now they won't fit without the use of a very sharp knife/scalpel and a file.

Its going to be a week before i get this working (if i can get it working) and then i will post up a detailed 'How to' for anyone wishing to do the same.

If anyone else with an Auris is hoping to do the same with the flip key that i bought, be aware that its not as straight forward as you might hope.

Watch this space for more info as i progress....

• Like 1

Argh...

With my key, the remote block as a self-contained separate unit inside the key casing so it was very easy to get the new blade cut and then drop the remote block into the new casing.

Your one sounds more integral and sounds like it is a lot more complicated than mine :(

I hope it goes well and without any mishaps!! :thumbsup:

Please be careful!! :unsure:

I'm pretty sure i can do it, but i need to cut away 3 pieces of hard plastic inside the new fob.

The are preventing the circuit board from reaching the buttons, so although it clips together fine, the buttons don't connect, so the car won't lock/unlock.

I won't give up on it, and i'm determined to have it working soon.

• Like 2

+1 for determination

:lol:

Ooh, and take pics! :)

Quick update:

I've got the circuit board fitted in the new key, buy i'm having problems getting the transponder out of the old key, so I will leave it for now and have a think about the best way to do it without breaking it.

I have tested the lock/unlock buttons on the new key, and they work perfectly.

I hope to have this complete by the weekend... watch this space.

I have been taking pics as i go along, so i will put them all up at the end.

• Like 1

Quick update:

I've got the circuit board fitted in the new key, buy i'm having problems getting the transponder out of the old key, so I will leave it for now and have a think about the best way to do it without breaking it.

I have tested the lock/unlock buttons on the new key, and they work perfectly.

I hope to have this complete by the weekend... watch this space.

I have been taking pics as i go along, so i will put them all up at the end.

To remove the transponder I decided to sacrifice the original key, the one without the buttons.

With the help of a little saw I accurately cut off all the rubber and got the transponder safe!

I didn't consider the main problem was removing the buttons from the original folder to adapt to the flip folder.

Buttons are easy to remove but you also need to remove the rubber seal(?) separating the buttons from the circuit board. In my key it is very well glued and so I decided not to risk and ask the seller of the new folder if it would have been possible to receive a couple of replacement buttons with its seal.

And so at the end I got my flip key working fine but I also spent too much money. Hum....

Anyway this is the key I bought but I also had to ask the seller if it would have been possible to replace the blade in the auction with a Valeo style blade I saw in another auction.

That was possible and so this is the result:

post-107176-0-06412200-1306174169_thumb.

post-107176-0-77879800-1306174182_thumb.

post-107176-0-35601000-1306174191_thumb.

post-107176-0-62267900-1306174200_thumb.

I'm tuned to see your result!! :)

• Like 1

Excellent post, thanks for the feedback.

Both of my keys are button keys, so i'm not sacrificing a basic key to get this to work, but once i have it done i know i will be happier with it than i am with an original one.

:thumbsup:

Today, finally I made my flip key... I never liked my valet key, so I decided to change it.
First time I bought a blank flip key from net, then I cut my key handle and I recovered the blade and the transponder . The flip key that I bought has a space inside for transponder, and the blade, with a little work I modified it to get in it's designed place of the flip key; and the result is this . When I have some spare time I have to make work the remote; is there a procedure where the central locking receptor is able to learn new remotes I'll describe it in another topic).

• Like 1

After reading your posts I'm still confused. I have that long key from Valeo too with 2 buttons one for opening another for closing. I'm guessing the transponder inside was modified because I have an alarm (not Toyota one but an autorizhed brand) but I do not have a remote. Everything is inside the key.

My doubts:

1 - Which flip key models will work straitgh out of the box (links will be appreciated)?

2 - What do I need to do to my original key? Open it up? Remove the transponder only or do I need the blade also?

3 - Some of you refer to the backup key but mine doesn't have a remote inside so what is the use of using that one?

4 - How to open the original transponder/remote key since I do not see any screw around it?

5 - It would be nice if I could get one of those with the Autobots symbol on it but does that one work with the Auris?

6 - Some require de use of the original buttons are these easy to remove if not I would prefer solutions which come with their own buttons?

If you can answer my question I will appreciate it thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links