Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flip Key For Auris

Daveyonthemove

I only know the details for my Mk1 Yaris, but for me I have a key that looks like this:

136612872_tp.jpg

Inside is nothing but the block which has two buttons that fit into those spaces in the image.

The flip key I bought just required the blade to be cut and the button block to be swapped in from the old key. Was very easy; A lot easier than Davey's one by the sound of things!! :eek::lol:

After reading your posts I'm still confused. I have that long key from Valeo too with 2 buttons one for opening another for closing. I'm guessing the transponder inside was modified because I have an alarm (not Toyota one but an autorizhed brand) but I do not have a remote. Everything is inside the key.

My doubts:

1 - Which flip key models will work straitgh out of the box (links will be appreciated)?

2 - What do I need to do to my original key? Open it up? Remove the transponder only or do I need the blade also?

3 - Some of you refer to the backup key but mine doesn't have a remote inside so what is the use of using that one?

4 - How to open the original transponder/remote key since I do not see any screw around it?

5 - It would be nice if I could get one of those with the Autobots symbol on it but does that one work with the Auris?

6 - Some require de use of the original buttons are these easy to remove if not I would prefer solutions which come with their own buttons?

If you can answer my question I will appreciate it thanks

OK, I'll try to answers clear as I can:

1 - If you have a VALEO blade I didn't find any folder ready out of the box.

This is what I bought: THIS folder and asked the seller if it was possible to replace the DENSO blade with THIS VALEO blade.

For what I know all the flip keys for Auris are only available with a DENSO blade, this is why you need to directly ask the seller for a sort of hybrid folder.

2 and 3 - I have two VALEO keys with my Auris, the two-buttons one(lock/unlock), and another one, the master key with no buttons. Both keys have a transponder inside but in the button-key I found almost impossible to remove it without destroying the transponder itself. So I decided to cut the master key where the transponder is very easy to find and remove because not glued. Of course that key will result useless at the end. If you want you can save the blade just in case.

4 - To open the button-key folder in order to remove the remote, you simply need a flat screwdriver. Checking your key you should be able to see a little slot where you have to put the screwdriver and rotating the flat blade you should easily open the folder. You could also check the paper manual where it's described the procedure on how to replace remote Battery.

5 - I think it should but as I told you before be sure the blade is a VALEO!

I don't know if the remote is that easy to put inside the Autobot style folder as simply as it is to put it in the folder I bought that is perfectly conformed to fit the Auris remote.

6 - I asked the seller to send me a couple of buttons and the rubber seal because in my key I found impossible to remove that rubber seal that's placed between the remote and the buttons of the original key. Again, it's very well glued.

You need that seal to be positioned in the new folder too...but be very careful.

Anyway my original button-key is safe and, just in case, it takes only one minute to remove the remote from the flip-key and place it in the button-key. Or you can ask your local Toyota dealer to provide a new remote in order to have two working keys!

Check pictures in post #47 also.

Ciao :)

Hi thanks for your answers. Today I decided to open my key and I want to share what I found. First the rubber you refer is also very well glued here. I could try to take it but I may rip it and then I really need a new one folding or not.

I managed to remove what I dont know what it is. I'm guessing this is the remote/alarm remote right somehow my car alarm works in the sam frequency and was programmed with the same bit code initially I thought they added inside a modded remote but I can read Valeo on it so I'm guessing nothing was changed here the alarm just works and is coded in the same frequency.

I notice that it has 2 extra buttons any idea if they work? Anyone tryed it or they are just for other models?

Now where is the transponder in all these? I'm wondering where it is and if in my case I can remove it. Is it attached to the blade? Ye I cannot remove the blade I didn't force it too much but seems hard.

Thanks

post-40490-0-28772900-1307105364_thumb.j

The transponder is circled in my pic below:

IMAG0426-1.jpg

It is a little rectangle item, that looks like it is made of granite.

This has stumped me so far as i'm having problems removing mine without damaging the key, so be careful if you do take it out.

Dam that thing is the transponder I managed to take mine out. its not glued mine or if it was it dettached somehow. Anyone knows how that thing works? I'm curious.

Now back to the folding key does it have a proper place to insert these transponders or just put inside anywhere?

EDIT: found it on wikipedia

Many modern automobiles (especially the more expensive models) have keys with transponders hidden inside the plastic head of the key. The owner of the car may not even be aware that the transponder is there because there are no buttons to press. When a key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder and turned, the car's computer sends a radio signal to the transponder. Unless the transponder replies with a valid code, the computer will not allow the engine to be started. Transponder keys have no battery; they are energized by the radio signal itself.

So its basically a passive chip I wonder if I can take mine out again LOL with my luck now I can't do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys yesterday I received my folding key case and today I managed to put it to work all assembled and working perfectly.

I bought it from an eBay store called DSP. The case I got wasn't in their eBay store but after exchanging some photos they pointed out a model that would work. They also include the key blade since like many others the default key is not a valeo one. Also included in the package 2 Toyota symbols which is good in case you need to replace the Battery and you damage one. Service was excellent photos provided when requested and a quick and great communication. Even to take the default blade out they helped me out.

If you guys want I can post some pics the case is good, I say good and not excellent because there is a small gap between the halfs so its not 100% closed but the gap is small. Another thing I noticed was the the place for the remote was quite tight not a big problem you can still place it there but pops out very easily I decided to dremel out some plastic anyway a personal choice because you don't need to do it as I said it fits there but can pop out easily when you are closing it. Buttons are of goo quality a both chromed. The Toyota symbols are also of very good quality but I had to use extra glue to attach it with the default one it could come out sooner or later.

Overall I'm happy with it got ride of that ugly "sword" and was more or less easy to do it. The service was excellent and the case seems robust plastic is quite hard so nothing should come from there. The locksmith also told me that the key blade was of good quality. My only negative point is to that gap I pointed out but not a major problem in my opinion just be careful with liquids going inside I guess specially because of the transponder since the remote itself is safe inside the original plastic box.

• Like 1

Where can i buy it?

Contact them via this mail dsps.store@gmail.com if your Auris key is same as mine all you have to do is to ask for the S400 model with a proper key blade (Valeo blade) probably they will ask pictures of your key like they did to me.

Where can i buy it?

Contact them via this mail dsps.store@gmail.com if your Auris key is same as mine all you have to do is to ask for the S400 model with a proper key blade (Valeo blade) probably they will ask pictures of your key like they did to me.

Ok, thanks.

Hi guys yesterday I received my folding key case and today I managed to put it to work all assembled and working perfectly.

I bought it from an ebay store called DSP. The case I got wasn't in their ebay store but after exchanging some photos they pointed out a model that would work. They also include the key blade since like many others the default key is not a valeo one. Also included in the package 2 Toyota symbols which is good in case you need to replace the battery and you damage one. Service was excellent photos provided when requested and a quick and great communication. Even to take the default blade out they helped me out.

If you guys want I can post some pics the case is good, I say good and not excellent because there is a small gap between the halfs so its not 100% closed but the gap is small. Another thing I noticed was the the place for the remote was quite tight not a big problem you can still place it there but pops out very easily I decided to dremel out some plastic anyway a personal choice because you don't need to do it as I said it fits there but can pop out easily when you are closing it. Buttons are of goo quality a both chromed. The Toyota symbols are also of very good quality but I had to use extra glue to attach it with the default one it could come out sooner or later.

Overall I'm happy with it got ride of that ugly "sword" and was more or less easy to do it. The service was excellent and the case seems robust plastic is quite hard so nothing should come from there. The locksmith also told me that the key blade was of good quality. My only negative point is to that gap I pointed out but not a major problem in my opinion just be careful with liquids going inside I guess specially because of the transponder since the remote itself is safe inside the original plastic box.

Can you upload some pics of it?

EDIT: FAIL LOL

Very nice Grippen, well done. A flip key is another planet and I can't really understand why mom Toyota still doesn't step to that better looking and comfy key.

Very nice, and goodluck with the flip key~

Will be waiting for the result and the guide as well ^^

Key

• 2 years later...

Last week I swapped old alarm system that has this remote control:
76wv.jpg
with another one that has flip key remote control:

dgca.jpg
The main reason is that I got rid of an extra remote control, big and heavy; unfortunately I lost 2 way function of alarm system, this new one is only one way .

idbk.jpg