Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris' Stereo Speed Sensitive Volume Control

tavy

Listening the car stereo may be difficult or annoying when engine sounds interfere as the speed of the car increases, so speed-sensitive volume controls eliminates this problem by adjusting the volume to the speed.

Auris’ stereo has built in this feature, but is not connected from factory.

Solution is pretty simple, you need 1…1.5 ft of wire ended with a small terminal… The terminal must be inserted in the hole 3 of E26 radio connector; other wire end must be tapped into speed signal wire, pin 36 (violet wire) of E46 clock connector.

Put back radio and clock and the job is done. Eg., if you set the volume at “10” when the car is stationary, there’s no need to readjust the volume at “15” when the car runs with 60 mph, the radio is increasing the volume, gradually by itself…

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tavy

• DDT

• pajjy

• bartauris

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have enabled this from factory.

I hated the poor sound from my standard stereo as it was drowned out by road noise too easily, and it never adjusted as the speed increased.

Good to know it can be done :thumbsup:

They should have enabled this from factory...

Yeah, they should. An engineer from Mr.T near my home told me that only Avensis' have this feature from factory...

I made this modification today and it works great ! :yahoo:

Does this advice apply to the stereo in the facelifted 2010 auris?

I think so... Remove, first time the HU , if it has the same connectors as in pcs, it will work, for sure. BTW, my HU is Fujitsu...

Sorry for consecutive posting.

Cool thanks for the advice, seems to be a lot of things my auris has which isnt switched on....cruise control springs to mind :)

Still...at least it gives me projects to do!

I have a question. Where is the E46 clock connector? Do I have to dismantle anything else other than the Headunit??

Thank you, in advance.

I have a question. Where is the E46 clock connector? Do I have to dismantle anything else other than the Headunit??

Thank you, in advance.

Backside of the clock; first take the clock frame out, simply pulling it with hands, then remove those 4 screws with a cross head screwdriver, turn the clock upside down, and you'll see the connector...

And don't forget, before doing this operation remove the " - " Battery terminal !

If you have a chance, could you please upload pictures of this installation, please?

I took only one picture with back side of CD player, where the connector that was wired is framed in light blue…

• 1 month later...

A new feature in "AUDIO CTRL" menu appeared: ASL , with 4 options: OFF , LOW (default) , MID (I preffer it) , HIGH .

Can I make this work with an aftermarket player?

If the player has speed sensor input, yes, you can make it.

I have an 07 plate T180 with the factory fitted sat nav and this option has always worked from new.

Carl

Yes, you're right, but we're talking about factory fitted CD player without sat nav.

OK, question. My factory fitted CD already HAS this function activated in the menu. BUT I do not find this working. I mean when I have the volume set for 10 it stays at 10 all the time no matter how fast I'm driving. I do not notice it is getting louder during accelerating as well, but maybe it is very subtle?

Is it always deactivated in auris, no matter what the trim?

How can you notice that the function is working (except for the increase in the volume, of course). Does it change the number on the display as well, for example from 10 to 15 when you drive faster and then back to 10 when you slow down? Or it just increases the volume but the number on the display remains the same i.e. it is 10 at the stop, then you drive fast and still says 10 but the music is louder anyhow?

First time check if the ASL feature exists in Audio Ctrl menu (features are moving in this order: BASS, TRE, FAD, BAL, and ASL); normally, this is set at "Low", that is default response curve, you ca modify it at "Mid" ("High" is for noisier engines).

If the ASL doesn't appear in menu, CD player speed input is not connected to car speed sensor. When this function is activated there's no need to modify the volume when you speed up or down (eg. if the car is not moving and the volume is at 10, when speed up, eg. 60 mph, the volume stays at 10 but there's no need to modify it). The only thing that can be noticed getting louder during acceleration is the bass.

Yes I DO have this position in radio menu - like I wrote above. But I think it doesn't work too well. I will tweak this one a little more and see what happens.

Thanks mate.

... An engineer from Mr.T near my home told me that only Avensis' have this feature from factory...

And Versos.

• 3 weeks later...

My question is will this work in every radio of the Auris mine doesn't have that option in the menu so not active probably.

But some users say they do and its not working. So several possibilities:

1. only some radios have this option, if in the menu u can see it then you need to wire it

2. if you don't see it probably your radio doesn't support it

3. on those that the option is available maybe the connector is wired but not connected and the radio just enables the option when a connector is plugged.

Would be nice to see some installation pictures.

How does this work in a CD changer version. The CD changer is the original one for the Auris.

Any modification of your car is taken at your own risk !

My question is will this work in every radio of the Auris mine doesn't have that option in the menu so not active probably.

But some users say they do and its not working. So several possibilities:

1. only some radios have this option, if in the menu u can see it then you need to wire it

2. if you don't see it probably your radio doesn't support it

3. on those that the option is available maybe the connector is wired but not connected and the radio just enables the option when a connector is plugged.

Would be nice to see some installation pictures.

If your Auris has steering wheel controls, you can activate this option, the new wire must link the speed sensor with pin 3 of steering wheel connector.

Unfortunately I didn't take any picture, except that with the connectors backside of player.

How does this work in a CD changer version. The CD changer is the original one for the Auris.

Check if your player has the same steering wheel controls connector as mine, and if it has, this feature should work...

Hi thanks when you mean steering wheel controls you mean audio controls right? not the cruise speed ones correct?

By the way the speed pin is located where in the odimeter of the right side? the one that displays temperature, hours etc....?

Hi thanks when you mean steering wheel controls you mean audio controls right?

Yes, they are...

By the way the speed pin is located where in the odimeter of the right side? the one that displays temperature, hours etc....?

Yeap, the pin is located in odometer connector (situated backside right upper side of odometer), it's one of those violet wires.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links